body fat!??!

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok. I've been working out for the past week trying to get my %bf down.

I've been burning on average 400 calories a day from cardio only. I've been lifting 3 days a week.

Yet my %bf went up?

It went up to fukin 17%!??! WTF. I drank like a crap load of water since I drink like 1 gallon a day now. Could it be that I had a lot of water before, during, and after workout (without taking a piss) and that screwed up the scale reading somehow?

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
let me ask you. who cares about percentages? If you are not competing, just use the mirror to gauge your progress.

If you are not getting leaner, you need to be going back to your diet to see if you are making mistakes there. You can burn 1000 cal's a day through cardio, if you are consuming 4000 and you naturally burn say 2000 you cannot lose weight. ITs about creating a a calorie defect.

How are you eating?

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and if you are using some kind of electronic way of measuring bodyfat, they are terribly inaccurate.

Use calipers if you must.

harwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JoeBlack
oh and if you are using some kind of electronic way of measuring bodyfat, they are terribly inaccurate.

Use calipers if you must.
Good call...

Lossing body fat is ALLLLL about what you eat.... ALL the lifting and cardio in the world isn't going to lower your body fat unless you change your diet.

A few things to follow

-eat 5-6x a day
-limit carb intake (non a few hr. before bed.)
-make sure your getting enough protein
-drink lots of water
-most importantly, you gonna have to eat fewer calories than your body requires, which basically means your gonna be hungry most of the time

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I eat like smaller meals now and more often.

No carbs after 9:00 PM (because I go to sleep at like 1:00 AM) for me except for the carbs in my protein shake.

I drink a LOT of water now like I said.

I think the electronic scale was just inaccurate. I feel and look a bit more muscular now and if I try hard enough, can get 4 abs to show whereas before it was 2. My weight in the morning was actually 147 lbs, as opposed to 150 at night. I guess it was all water rweight cuz I had 1 protein shake and 2 glasses of water before I went to bed.

Thanks guys! Use the mirror Luke. Always.