body fat

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey everyone, i'm 6'2, 165 lbs,i have a lot of muscle for a skinny guy,but i noticed that my six-pack is slowly beginning to fade behind a layer of fat.
I do pull-ups,push-ups and crunches everyday, stay away from fast food and sugar and drink a lot of water,but i still cant get my 6-pack to show as clear as it used to be,theres a layer of fat on my stomach and i just cant get it off. I dont have time to go to the gym so if anybody knows how to lose body fat w/o going to the gym please post.Perhaps anybody knows a good diet for this kinda thing?
thanx

laxplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
how old are you?

my advice isnt to cut any drastic calories or even do a lot of cardio, BUT start eating better and increase protein and decreasing high GI carbs (like white rice, processed sugar, twininkies, choclate, chips, etc etc.)

make sure you get plenty of water. aim for a gallon.

when you do ab workouts, focus on FORM and not on number of reps. In fact, if you can, do strict weighted crunches and other ab workouts, BECAUSE you want to BUILD the muscle and doing no weight crunches wont help, even if u do 500,

and why not join a gym? you have a big frame and with 12 weeks of eating right and lifting well you could easily get MUCH bigger.

737Pilot

Reaction score
I've read a very wise statement somewhere before. It claimed "Great abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym." The reason you are losing abdominal definition is mainly due to your diet and not your workout routine.

To properly sort out a diet for yourself, you will need to determine your basal metabolic rate and factor in your activity level. This number will give a rough estimate of how many calories you need per day to maintain your present body state.

During a cutting cycle, you will want to subtract 500 calories a day from your BMR. My suggestion to you though, is to bulk up a little first. Going on a cutting diet at 165lbs isn't the greatest thing to do.

Send me a message if you need more help.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, you're putting on muscle at the moment, correct? Temporary loss of abs is a side-effect of putting on mass. They'll be there when you cut. Make sure you're doing weighted ab work so they grow along with everything else.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
Hey, you're putting on muscle at the moment, correct? Temporary loss of abs is a side-effect of putting on mass. They'll be there when you cut. Make sure you're doing weighted ab work so they grow along with everything else.
what you mean by weighted ab work? like putting weight on the chest and doin crunches?

737Pilot

Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
Hey, you're putting on muscle at the moment, correct?
I'm curious.. where did he write he was bulking?