Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bloods

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive started a fitness programme and want to monitor test.
I’ve just ordered a blood test kit for test.

Any tips for when best to do this? Empty stomach first thing?

@RangerMIke and @BackInTheGame78 I know you know your shyt on this, any tips.

Trying to increase natty at first.

Finding as I age I’m less confident and libido dropping a bit. Getting quite a long refractory period (over a day) so I suspect somethings up.Put a bit of weight on over Xmas which is suspect is the culprit, I always find belly fat males a huge difference.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive started a fitness programme and want to monitor test.
I’ve just ordered a blood test kit for test.

Any tips for when best to do this? Empty stomach first thing?

@RangerMIke and @BackInTheGame78 I know you know your shyt on this, any tips.

Trying to increase natty at first.

Finding as I age I’m less confident and libido dropping a bit. Getting quite a long refractory period (over a day) so I suspect somethings up.Put a bit of weight on over Xmas which is suspect is the culprit, I always find belly fat males a huge difference.
It's always best to check blood first thing in the morning... or so my doctor says, and it does make sense, especially if you are measuring testosterone.

In my last physical I found out my T levels dropped from High Average, to Low Average, and it did seam to effect my fat retention and libido. My MD didn't think replacement treatment made sense.

A guy I met at the gym told me a couple of months ago that he had the same problem, and what he did was work into his workout more heavy leg weight training. So I did that, and it seams to have worked. I honestly do not know if there is any real science behind it, but it appears to make a difference.

My weight training has been low weight high reps for DECADES, and for the last couple of months I've been doing HEAVY squats and a lot of high weight training, now my T levels are back up to where they were and I really haven't changed anything else about working out or dieting, just lower reps and more weight.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's always best to check blood first thing in the morning... or so my doctor says, and it does make sense, especially if you are measuring testosterone.

In my last physical I found out my T levels dropped from High Average, to Low Average, and it did seam to effect my fat retention and libido. My MD didn't think replacement treatment made sense.

A guy I met at the gym told me a couple of months ago that he had the same problem, and what he did was work into his workout more heavy leg weight training. So I did that, and it seams to have worked. I honestly do not know if there is any real science behind it, but it appears to make a difference.

My weight training has been low weight high reps for DECADES, and for the last couple of months I've been doing HEAVY squats and a lot of high weight training, now my T levels are back up to where they were and I really haven't changed anything else about working out or dieting, just lower reps and more weight.
i do 2 sets squats and 2 sets of stiff leg deadlifts twice a week - reps 6-10.

i totally agree, when I come back from that I have massive libido.

i also think stress plays a key role. When I’m on holiday my libido goes up and when I’m under pressure it is non existent.

I’m gonna resist meds as I had a ridiculous libido until I gained weight.

the really annoyihg thing about weight induced low libido is to solve it, your libido goes DOWN. Dieting kills it even harder. So you have to get worse before it gets better. For a bit anyway until it adjusts.

I’ll post my honest numbers here once I get them. No shame if it’s low, it’s just a problem to be solved.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So this is my reading

20.8 nmol/l

599 ng/dl

i think that’s quite good isn’t it for someone at 40 YO? Chart says it’s bang on normal or slightly above.

not sure why I have low libido at those readings.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So this is my reading

20.8 nmol/l

599 ng/dl

i think that’s quite good isn’t it for someone at 40 YO? Chart says it’s bang on normal or slightly above.

not sure why I have low libido at those readings.
Your Test is higher than mine was at 33. Mine was 580. Did you get an ultrasensitive e2 test? Estrogen test needs to be ultrasensitive. In my opinion, unless you plan on blasting and cruising, there's no point for you to go on TRT, with being at 600. You probably wouldn't notice much of a difference going to 900 on TRT, than what you feel now at 600.

Libido is affected by Progesterone, Estrogen, and DHT. Not just test.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your Test is higher than mine was at 33. Mine was 580. Did you get an ultrasensitive e2 test? Estrogen test needs to be ultrasensitive. In my opinion, unless you plan on blasting and cruising, there's no point for you to go on TRT, with being at 600. You probably wouldn't notice much of a difference going to 900 on TRT, than what you feel now at 600.

Libido is affected by Progesterone, Estrogen, and DHT. Not just test.
i got a lot of belly fat. Perhaps that’s estrogenic? So if I lose weight then I might get my test to fully work?

if I lose fat will the test go down too?

it’s mad because although I have high test, I don’t feel like I do.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got a lot of belly fat. Perhaps that’s estrogenic? So if I lose weight then I might get my test to fully work?

if I lose fat will the test go down too?

it’s mad because although I have high test, I don’t feel like I do.
Your HPGA is fully working. You'd need to check your SHBG. This could be eating up some of your free test. If it's high, then you can try liquid ionic boron to lower it, and free up some test to become more bio available to your body. If you're stressed, your cortisol could be high, which would store fat. Your igf levels could be lowering, which would result in more fat storage. Estrogen could be high, would make fat storage a possibility.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your HPGA is fully working. You'd need to check your SHBG. This could be eating up some of your free test. If it's high, then you can try liquid ionic boron to lower it, and free up some test to become more bio available to your body. If you're stressed, your cortisol could be high, which would store fat. Your igf levels could be lowering, which would result in more fat storage. Estrogen could be high, would make fat storage a possibility.
the tests for that would cost me a fortune.

could I not just modify diet and lifestyle and then if I don’t feel better get them checked?

i just read up on anti eostrogenic foods like greens and eating organic, especially organic dairy and chicken.

what about SHBG?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the tests for that would cost me a fortune.

could I not just modify diet and lifestyle and then if I don’t feel better get them checked?

i just read up on anti eostrogenic foods like greens and eating organic, especially organic dairy and chicken.

what about SHBG?
To have Free Test, Total Test, E2(sensitive), SHGB, igf-1, shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred. You can order the bloodwork online, and go to a lab near you to have blood drawn.