"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

****blocking

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
Next time he tries to do it, just keep talking to her, ignoring him, and just be like "who is this guy?" "why's he talking to us?"
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
I agree with whoever said "If i ****block, it's unintentional". Same thing with me.

The thing with ****blocking tho, is that it's not really defined, not clear cut. And, I guess, in a sense, every guy is ****blocking some other guy by approaching a girl? Dunno...
 

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
12
Age
44
Never ****block a friend(and yes, a REAL friend, not some ho-hum acquaintance).
If you want, ****block a stranger. Of course, when you do you will look like are obviously wantin to pick the girl up. This will work against you most of the time, since her shield will go up so fast...additionally, she will be more readily amused with what the other guy says, so he will probably outC&F you, no matter how good you are. Why? Because he has a captive audience...its like going to a KISS concert only to have Justin Timberlake jump up .... you came to see KISS, not timberlake...but if you think you could be the Rollin stones, go for it.

I've been the target of many ****blocks at the bars. None of these guys have succeeded. Personal experience gives advantage to the first playa on the scene.
 

DJD

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
I know the saying "all's fair in love and war", but I don't ****block any guy, ever - and I don't think that any guy should ****block another guy if the other guy is a friend (unless he's blocking you!) or the other guy is on a date with the woman in question. I try to respect other men and treat them in a manner that I'd want to be treated myself. That said, I will wait for a woman to dismiss a guy or get away from him (and I don't mean her just going to the restroom) and then make a move. I figure that if a woman is with a guy she likes, I should take it that and leave 'em alone - good for her, good for him. If she's content to sit with a guy she doesn't like, she's either too polite, too stupid, or too much into scamming drinks off of him for me to care - in any case, she's not for me.

On the politeness thing, I see far too many women who - in my opinion - get trapped in a conversation with a guy who seems to be way over his head. The body language speaks volumes if you pay attention. The paradox of this is that the longer the she lets the guy sit there, the more he thinks she's interested and the more he feels that he has a 'claim' on her and that no other guy can talk to her. I've coined the term "squatters" for guys like these :)

In addition to the direct ****blocks you see - i.e., just cutting right in, there are less direct methods I've seen... the guy who tries to join the both of you - in a 'just being friendly' way when you're on a date, the guy who intercepts her on the way back from the restroom, the guy who motions that he wants her number while you've got your back to him, and the guy who sends her a drink right under your nose.
 
Last edited:
Top