"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Blind date, and elimidate

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Anyone ever watch these shows?

I watched one over at a friends house last night, (I don't have a TV).

I predicted the winner of elimidate, much to his suprise.

It was a classic nice guy vs jerk. The nice guy was kissing ass, telling her he would drive an hour to see her (keep in mind they just met).
The jerk said, "I'm going to do my own thing, if you wanna come along thats fine".


The girl picked the jerk.


I think these shows might be a good way for some guys to learn. thoughts
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
484
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Ontario
I rarely watch it when it's 4 girls pining over a guy (what are those like), but the 4 guys pining over a girl is just AFC stinking mess everywhere. Sometimes it's 4 AFCs and it's just terrible enough that I can't bother watching.

Blind Date is even worse, if that's even possible. 9 times out of 10 I see an AFC guy (I mean who else besides AFCs would sign up for these things?) being a total idiot to the girl, turning her off and then thinking he's top dog. Yay:rolleyes:
 

icecreaman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
46
I only watch if the girls are real good looking. Or if there is a "Date From Hell". These shows usually show you what not to do on a date.
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
those shows are unreal....Ive never had a date go anything close to what those shows are like.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
I think those shows are a testament to how true the DJ bible is about women. Every time I see a guy on that show do something wrong or lose a girls interest it is because he is acting like an AFC. Very few of these guys know how to play it cool They usually end up asking stupid AFC questions like;

"Are you interested?", "What do you think about me?", "Do you think I'm attractive?", "would you go out with me again?" etc..

Most of the women are totaly ****ed up in the head as well. I would next most of them just for the way they looked.

The other night I saw a show with a girl who told the guy she was a feminist. She also said that she is usually the one that has to have things go her way. The strange thing is the guy sat there and took this **** from her. I really can't understand how a feminist can expect a good guy to like her. They want a submissive man, but they don't find that attractive.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Ain't THAT the truth.

Originally posted by 00Kevin
I really can't understand how a feminist can expect a good guy to like her. They want a submissive man, but they don't find that attractive.

Fukkyn A..... oh, FUKKYN A.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
I like watching that show, it puts dating psychology within a very short time slot.

In all situations Elimidate seems to pick out ONE person out of FOUR that is not a good match because it'll make it easier for the dater to take that person out in first round.

For the Guy Dater: He gets to choose the next 3 women. He will most likely choose the one that is most aggressive/sexual with him than the others.

For the Girl Dater: It's the same thing.

Summary: If there's mutual attraction. You must be aggressive/sexual. Forget the romance stuff, that's just maintenance. Act on instinct.
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
The order of level of entertainment, and learning value from the shows.....

BlindDate > 5th Wheel > Elimidate > Extreme Dating.

I really like 5th Wheel cuz there is usually some action goin on right away. It's more into the quick pickups as opposed to actually building a lot of chemistry with a girl, like BlindDate.
 

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,657
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
quote:
"The order of level of entertainment, and learning value from the shows.....
BlindDate > 5th Wheel > Elimidate > Extreme Dating."

Agree.

Blind date - is the most realistic of the bunch, After learning the Don Juan bible I can honestly say I predict more then 90% of the outcome of a date whether it was success or a rejection.

5th wheel- If the 5th wheel is a guy, he is usually an Alpha male, which gives a good insight how to behave. If its a girl, she is usually a bombshell and most of the other guys act AFC's around her and lose.

Elimidate - don't bother watching it if its 4 girls competing for a guy. Those girls compete to win, even if they don't like the guy. Most of the girls on that show looks like they were plucked from the street while standing underneath a lamp post (I will let you figure out why)

Extreme Dating - Don't bother watching its worthless.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by 00Kevin
I think those shows are a testament to how true the DJ bible is about women. Every time I see a guy on that show do something wrong or lose a girls interest it is because he is acting like an AFC. Very few of these guys know how to play it cool They usually end up asking stupid AFC questions like;

"Are you interested?", "What do you think about me?", "Do you think I'm attractive?", "would you go out with me again?" etc..
This is exactly why I watch those shows, you basically see every AFC move in the book. Reading it in The Bible is one thing, but when you can watch an AFC screw himself and even predict it, you get a better understanding why the rules of DJism is definitely the way to go.
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I used to love watching 4 girls + a guy elimidates, but now I realize i was out of my mind. It is just so contrived, and the constant bickering from the girls is just stupid. I remember one time the guy said "Now...I'd like you girls to show me how you would seduce me" lol. Half the time they aren't even interested in the guy, they are just interested in getting chosen to boost their egos.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
The only realistic one is Blind Date. Plus they pretty much point out every single thing that the guy does wrong. It's also the funniest.

I once saw this total AFC on Blind Date that when he first met the girl, he volunterred to carry her purse which couldn't have weighed more than 8 ounces. It was the funniest thing I ever saw. He also acted extremely nice and he couldn't think of anything interesting at all to say. The strange thing is I saw the same exact guy on MTV's Wanna Come Inside and he was supposed to be a dating expert helping out an AFC:rolleyes:
 

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Location
Maison Ikokku
Not too familiar with the others but I've seen Blind Date late at night. I watch it just to remind myself what not to do. I can easily ignore the fact that the dates and conversations are unrealistic. The one thing you do not talk about on a date is dating (i.e. what do you look for in a woman/man? What is your idea of a romantic evening, blah blah blah...).
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
The one thing you do not talk about on a date is dating (i.e. what do you look for in a woman/man?
I've heard this before. Why is it a bad idea to ask a woman what she looks for in a man? Does it sound too much like you are looking for approval?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
Originally posted by Fatality
I've heard this before. Why is it a bad idea to ask a woman what she looks for in a man? Does it sound too much like you are looking for approval?
It's a bad idea for that reason specifically, you are hoping that you are the man she is looking for. You should have the mindset that you are already the man she is looking for and you should be qualifying her, to make sure that she is up to your standards. Besides her being on the date with you already assumes she's interested, so asking a question like that is pointless and sends the wrong message.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by So Many Ways
It's a bad idea for that reason specifically, you are hoping that you are the man she is looking for. You should have the mindset that you are already the man she is looking for and you should be qualifying her, to make sure that she is up to your standards. Besides her being on the date with you already assumes she's interested, so asking a question like that is pointless and sends the wrong message.
All of this is true. Drill this into your head; YOU SHOULD BE QUALIFYING HER, YOU SHOULD BE QUALIFYING HER, YOU SHOULD BE QUALIFYING HER...
 
Top