Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Blind Date - Advice?

lil hooligan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey people,

Quick note: It has been a while since I have posted on here but thanks to the Sosuave community I have been doing quite well with women and am confident around and talking to women now, so thanks for that guys :up:

To the point:
ATM I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and one of my women friends over here is trying to set me up with one of her friends, I have not met her friend yet but apparently I'm her type and my friend has been putting a good word in for me to her.

Background info: I'm 19 and so is she, the date is in the coffee bar which is always quite busy, my friend who is setting us up will be coming with her and the date is in a couple of days.

Basically I would like your opinions and experience's of how to go about blind dates as this is my first.

Thankyou in advance,
-Mat

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the date is in Afghanistan? Or are you returning home ;)

Anyway this might be alot of stress... I mean what if you don't like her, or she's totally hideous? Normally you could just run away, but since she's a friend of a friend you'll have to bear it anyway.

SO, just take it easy, if you don't like her then just do a little conversation and end the date after your cup of coffee.

Don't understand though why the friend is coming with her. How are you going to game a woman if the friend is constantly watching?

Anyway, good luck, just relax and see what happens. Sounds like a bad situation, but who knows? She might actually be cool.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and my basic opinion: Blind dating is like Online dating without the picture. So, statistically, there will be EVEN MORE hideous landwhales who think they have a chance.

But if you don't want to anger your friend, just go there, relax and be respectful.

lil hooligan

Don Juan
Reaction score
The date is in a coffee shop while I am in Afghanistan, she is also in Afghanistan, I believe my friend is coming with her for the sole purpose of introducing us, then I believe she will be leaving.
I have nothing to loose and everything to gain so that's why I am going through with this.
Thanks

lil hooligan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anybody else have any advice for me as the date is tomorrow night, I fully agree with what you say Huffman but... What if she isn't ugly? What if she is a nice looking down to earth girl?
Also just to add Army chicks tend to see through most bull**** that chicks in nightclubs fall for, not that I'm planning to bull **** this girl.

Cheers

Bushmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, sorry dude. I'm having a hard time with this. What are you doing in Astan with this much time on your hands and going to a coffee shop? What do I know, I was in the Infantry. And I was on a deployment when I was 19. I would have shagged the nastiest land whale in country. Hell, the Kurdish refugee women were looking good to me even though they stunk like camels and **** all over the latrines we built them.

In today's Army there are some big girls, they recently raised the allowable body-fat% for females--again.

Again her having to go on a blind date is scary, she has hundreds of options.

You are going to have to game her, think of the supplicating she must get. Nice, shy, whatever...get her alone ASAP.

lil hooligan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Based in Bastion atm mate so yeh. enough said, but seeing as you were in the army you will know, if she is nice looking squaddie lads will try to be round her, on her, in her like a tramp on chips, like flies on ****, like a priest in a school... too far?

Anyway I think it's more the fact that my friend is the one trying to get us together, trying to get us to get to know each other? I dunno.

OFF TOPIC;

But just to clarify things.... I don't have standards, I have preferences.

One example, was on on the town shorty after I turned 18 poor night for women so I went and smashed a 57 year old who was not the best looking but It's a hole and a tick in the box.

My wishlist: TWINS, MOTHER-DAUGHTER COMBO, A MIDGET and AN AMPUTEE
I want to accomplish this list before I die, that's my list

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lil hooligan said:
My wishlist: TWINS, MOTHER-DAUGHTER COMBO, A MIDGET and AN AMPUTEE
I want to accomplish this list before I die, that's my list
Be nice to this gal. If she happens to step on a landmine one day, you might be able to check one thing off the list.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I don't trust that blind date ṣhit. If she were good looking she wouldn't have a problem getting a guy.
But hey, once you decide to go through with it, so be it. See what happens and keep us posted. Much, much luck to ya!

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lil hooligan said:
The date is in a coffee shop while I am in Afghanistan, she is also in Afghanistan, I believe my friend is coming with her for the sole purpose of introducing us, then I believe she will be leaving.
I have nothing to loose and everything to gain so that's why I am going through with this.
Thanks
Yes, you do have something to lose...namely, your testicles, after you get kidnapped buy your Afghan flame's Al Qaeda relatives and have them amputated with a very dull knife. But in all seriousness, I'm sure you know the situation on the ground better, but it seems kind of risky for an American solider to get involved with a local Afghan woman.

EDIT: never mind, if she's an army chick, that's obviously different (but those have their own issues).