Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bitterness of the Unpopular

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
So in highschool did you get "friends" to hang out with? If so, when and how?
I still think of myself as not having the "BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!!" type of buddies, but yeah I have friends ot hang out with.

basically all you have to do is be interested in them, and then set up a plan for more interesting conversation.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I suppose I have the friends part down, now for the laides...there aren't many hot chicks in my school since it's dominated by computer/math nerds (which severely is lacking in chicks) and ghetto stoners(which arent at all my taste), with a bit of prep/drunk off their asses kids which is where *all* the decent and up chicks are at. Since I'm not a fan of prep crap, they're also out of bounds, though every once in a while I talk to one or two of them, but I mainly lie in the nerd crowd since I know computers, math, physics, etc. So how do I get my DJing on? Interesting question, and I can't really answer because unless I want to take a fake prep chick or something, I lack an audience for DJing...any suggestions?

Also, I understand that it's different from everyone, but could you give an example of working hard at DJing as opposed to not working hard or something along those lines? Thanks.

JohnElDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a question is it ever possible for someone to never be able to become popular? I ask this because I'm about to start my senior year and time is closing in I got a horrible reputation and it seems like there really isn't a way out.

My Rep:
I'm the guy that people think they can mess with and get away with it. I'm the guy that everyone knows never had a girl and never will(I don't believe in that but they do thats what keeps me from becoming popular). People ask me all the time If I am a virgin and then try to play me. People basically think I am sweet. Sometimes I actually hit them REAL hard and they seem to stop but I don't do it all the time because I'm not trying to hit the wrong person. I'm not funny so I can't really play them back either. Almost no decent looking girls give me the time of the day because I am a virgin. I also am black and hang around black people but don't act black and gangsta. I don't really talk that black either.

Is it wrong to lie about who you are to get laid? because it's these stupid morals of mine that hold me back. I am automatically honest, so whenever a girl ask me something personal without even thinking I answer honestly which mostly turns them off.

I have been thinking lately I only have one year left maybe I should forget about all this popularity **** and women and commit this last year to my grades, but thats going to be boring as fcuk.

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnElDonJuan

Is it wrong to lie about who you are to get laid? because it's these stupid morals of mine that hold me back. I am automatically honest, so whenever a girl ask me something personal without even thinking I answer honestly which mostly turns them off.
There is a HUGE difference between "honest :D" and "honest :("

And besides, why answer things anyway?

Strange girl : "oreo, are you a virgin?"

me: "excuse me? babe, are you offering me sex?"

strange girl: "oreo, how far have you gotten with a girl?"

me: "hey, when I stop getting, Ill tell you how far it went.:D"

be proud of your virginity! I am a virgin :D

think about it, you can loose virginity ALWAYS (hookers), but there is NO way to get it back.

Why are you so anxious to loose it? Cherish that ****.

IMO, you need an attitude adjustment, realize that everything about you has a POSITIVE quality, just because everyone else thinks that being same as them is cool, doesnt mean you cant show them how cool you can be by yourself.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steel Dragon
All this post was for was to bash people who don't shine bright as a spotlight in school. Not everyone can/nor want to be popular. Its what makes the world go around. I make mine by playing rock, but thats my way. You don't like it then get over it because I'm not changing to the comfort of the popular. Popular people don't like us because we can get our own type of attraction socially and they don't like that, they want us to compete against them. Well I got news, I'm not in a competition. School, first and foremost is a place for LEARNING if anything else, thats what I concentrate on the most, but yes I want to have my own friends that maybe someday I will grow old with and share these "Glory Days" stories about school. I'm working on girls, and believe or not, the hot girls I've been around seem to like the my type a bit more then the regular sports hero who has a 1/400 chance of making it pro, and would rather see someone like my friends and I pack 100 people into a roadside bar to play some music for the audience. I know where I'm going with my life, and I'm in control of it. Like it or not....

Also, bash this reply as much as you feel needed so you can look big by defending only ONE side of the story, but this is mine.
You are looking at this the wrong way. Maybe it's due to BBB being from Brazil and thus the cultural difference, but he seems to be talking about popular as in "Be friendly with everyone, don't be a hater, get to know people and be a warm person" rather than popular "be a cookie cutter preppie, look down on those who are not like you, and be a ditz". The true popular people do NOT fit the "popular" stereotype.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, DJIronGirevik spared me a lot of trouble.

It was about time that I cleared things up.

I posted this, rushed to fight the rising wave of "so what, I'm not popular,I can be happy,f*ck being popular".

For the unpopular people, it's so easy to stay in their comfort zones and not become popular, not even try.
And then they complain that they can't meet new women, or get school's women because of lack of status.

That's why people get mad when they read this. Because they think that they'll have to stop being themselves to fit in.
They can't grasp the possibility of being who you are, and popular being that person.

I said, if you don't want to be popular, you must face the consequences of your decisions.
But I never said, abandon all your values and principles to become popular.

You can become popular, well-known, without losing your personality.
Of course, you'll have to ADAPT some things, but the core of who you are will remain the same.

Myself, BBB, is one of the few popular guys I know of that likes heavy metal, plays guitar, goes to concerts, dresses differently than all other people, talks differently, is very different as a whole.

That's the great catch. It's about being unique, and being able to market that "uniqueness".
My clothes are different, my hair is different, my vocabulary is different, my musical tastes are different, hell, even the soccer team I like the most is different from everyone else. And yes, I am popular.

Because I have learned to market my uniqueness.
You see, there are the medium popular kids, there are the popular kids, there are the ultra-popular kids, and there's BBB.

Me, I am a legend!

If I had given up my personality to become popular, I would be going against everything that I stand for here in Sosuave.
I only ADAPTED myself, to a more social and sociable persona.

To SteelDragon, I wish all luck for you on the road. I have friends who have bands, I know how hard it is to make it and I know how awesome it is to rock a full bar. I'm a guitar player myself :)

I just don't want everyone to postpone the efforts of ADAPTATION, because the longer you take, the harder it will get.
I place so much value in this because I grew in an environment filled with unpopular people. Since I found Sosuave, in 2001, I have met only 3 or 4 women through my friends.

That's way too little. Think about it. In the same year of 2001 they met 4,5 in just one month through me.
So, I was alone in my journey to popularity. I never had the comfort of meeting ladies through my buds. I always had to go by myself and find them... especially because I have a unique vision of the game... there are no DJs around here.

So, I don't want people to postpone it, and then suffer later.
All my friends question how can I be so popular being the way I am. Being this unique persona.

Only the fittest will survive. I'm still waiting for my buds to introduce me new women. This year they have introduced me 0 so far.

Don't wait for women to come knocking on your door, because they won't. Go out, make an effort, and "market" yourself.

Well, I hope I made myself clear.

BBB

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you losers who think dressing different and listening to different music is what makes kids popular need to take a big moment [my new fav ketch phrase, btw] to understand the world around you.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MoAF
Any of you losers who think dressing different and listening to different music is what makes kids popular need to take a big moment [my new fav ketch phrase, btw] to understand the world around you.
?

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brazilian_Blues_Boy
?
I think he is reffering to the people who think they need to change their clothes to be a twin of the popular kids.