Birthday Wishes

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK your birthday comes and goes and not one person in your circle of friends or brothers says one thing about your birthday even a friend of many, many years doesn't say anything and he knows when it is and these people you have always addressed their birthday's with birthday wishes.

Do you feel a friendship of importance should say at least happy birthday or does a DJ just go on with his life and doesn't give a crap if anyone knows his birthday or doesn't or does he start looking for newer friends?

LoneSilver

disfunktional

Don Juan
Reaction score
My own Dad even forgot mine last year. I wouldn't worry about it, the only reason I remember people's birthdays is because my contacts in my mobile phone are linked to the calendar with their birthdays. So I get a notification on my phone. Most people aren't this organised though and birthdays easily slip the mind.

df

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Lonesilver,

I've been there, and MIGHT be heading back there again THIS July...lol.

But in the interest of emotional self-defense, soldier, I would simply advise you to pay MORE attention to how these people treat you on the other 364 DAYS of the year...trust me, that's FAR more important.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember forgetting my own birthday once. No big deal on birthdays...

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK I was wondering seems like good answers but just had to mention and ask about it for Monday was my birthday and the only birthday wishes I got was from a dam automated message board I visit accasionally in an email lol!

All is cool

LoneSilver

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what you are seeing is the current state of western civilization.

does anything really matter anymore if it doesn't have a direct impact on a persons own person?

we are quickly rising to the pinnacle of self absorbtion. christmas is about presents, valentines day about chocolates, etc.

is no one acknowledging your birthday a big deal? i suppose not in one sense.

in another sense, it is. it reflects the kind of world we live in now a days.

anyway, surely your mother remembered your birthday?

you know, for all the crap we give women on here (99% of it justified), you gotta admit, moms often (if only subconsciously) give us hope. they never forget your birthday.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes Mom sure did she remembered later in the day and I told her it's just another day and don't remind me I told her lol.

Guess I was bought up if you care and appreciate someones friendship acknowledge their birthday as a reminder that you appreciate them being born for without them in your life, life would be less interesting but that is just me and again I do this for the people around me but it seems to never come back.

Now keep in mind I am not saying where are all the gifts and cards? All I am saying is just a simple birthday wish is all it don't cost nothing and shows you at least appreciate that someone was born and that person is in your life either man or woman, mother, father, brother, girlfriend, wife etc.

I think I go the extra mile for family and friendship but I think birthdays are a important part of life and relationships regardless if it's male or female but I am not loosing sleep over it but I do appreciates everyones opinion.

LoneSilver

joekerr31 said:
what you are seeing is the current state of western civilization.

does anything really matter anymore if it doesn't have a direct impact on a persons own person?

we are quickly rising to the pinnacle of self absorbtion. christmas is about presents, valentines day about chocolates, etc.

is no one acknowledging your birthday a big deal? i suppose not in one sense.

in another sense, it is. it reflects the kind of world we live in now a days.

anyway, surely your mother remembered your birthday?

you know, for all the crap we give women on here (99% of it justified), you gotta admit, moms often (if only subconsciously) give us hope. they never forget your birthday.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to mean less and less to me as I get older. I think the “0”’s are important. I don’t give out my birthday to women without them earning that info.

Regarding friends and coworkers knowing it, I just assume nobody remembers anything unless told. I have no compunction about simply walking into the dining area and announcing its my birthday. I pretend to be heartbroken nobody remembers it (even when they actually do). Its funny because they see I truly do not give a sh*t whether its my birthday or not. Here’s a good one: do it two days in a row. They love it.

Birthdays, anniversaries, and relationship “milestones” are very important to women. I collect this info as part of my game because it comes in very handy later. I stick it in my Yahoo calendar and have it remind me.

This is especially powerful for those back burner one’s that think you forgot about them. I never send cards, flowers and sh*t, simply knowing the date is very powerful. The more understated you are about it the more powerful.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Birthday's are for kids and chicks, it ain't no big deal if no one remembers.

Instead of waiting for people to remember, call up a few of your best friends and say "hey its my birthday, I don't want to make a big deal of it, lets just go for a drink"?.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At some stage, you can't expect people to attatch any importance to your birthday.

This stage is called "adulthood".

woods

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you have to remind people. You cant just expect them to psychically know its your birthday, then get bummed when they dont.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, I turned 48 this past Monday and I feel like I am still in my early 20's. Guess no one ever told me that birthdays are only for chicks and kids guess it's time I enter adulthood lol!

Thanks all for the info I appreciate it but am cool with it anyway before my asking.

LoneSilver