Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bike instead of a car

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
So I rode my bike today, instead of a car.. :up:

It's much better than a car. Faster. I was able to ride around to 4 different places in 35 minutes, that chorse would take me around 50 minutes on a car, when traffic is light.

Here, in Miami, drivers are friendly towards bikers. That must be because they haven't seen many.

I ride on side walk, and on the road when side walk is full. Sometimes go into oncoming lanes. Between cars on an intersection with a red and a lot of cars. I even take over cars and stay ahead of them for a few short seconds. But mostly it's side walk riding. Nobody's using sidewalk in here.

Honeys are all around. We have a few strip clubs in here, and that must be where the strippers catching a bus.

I'm telling you folks. Forget a car, forget a bus, ride a bike. It's faster than a car.

Bad news though. My rear derailer just broke as I was leaving house for another ride. Now I'm without my ride for sometime. It sucks!! I want to ride a bicycle, I want to ride it where I want..

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
...Bad news though. My rear derailer just broke as I was leaving house for another ride. Now I'm without my ride for sometime. It sucks!! I want to ride a bicycle, I want to ride it where I want..
Good enough reason not to buy a bike from a "big box" store. It's hard to keep them together with regular use.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
It's shimano 105. Perhaps since I'm new and strong, I broke it with stupidity and strength.

Whatever the reason, I'm going for a replacement bike, so that I have this one and another one, or I'm charging back and getting a free bike. The parts I need will cost me less than 30 shipped to my door. The only inconvinience is that my maint is scratched, and I have to wait until I fix this...

I'd buy another bike from the same place in couple of months, this time something full carbon.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
It's shimano 105. Perhaps since I'm new and strong, I broke it with stupidity and strength....
That's surprising. Maybe it was a combination of the torque you were generating with the possibility of a miss-shift. Eh, live and learn.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Raikojo17 said:
i wish i had a bike instead of a car.

but arent bikes like 10 times more dangerous then cars?
Nah, it's more like you need to pay more attention to what you are doing when you're on a bike. I've seen way more bad cyclist than I've seen bad drivers. Here's a bit of mindless trivia, more cyclist have gotten hurt (including getting hit by cars) by riding on the sidewalk than those riding in the street. More obstacles and less visibility.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yea, accessories alone run me close to 300 for this bike. Helmet alone is 99, bell sweep xc. Looks cool.

Nah, bike is pretty safe if you know what you doing. Of course, when things go wrong, things go wrong and you have no protection. But bicycle is pretty cool. I was suprised at how drivers minded me on the road. I though I will get harrased, but I guess my big muscles, beutiful tanned skin, and nice bike turn on women and men alike..

I think I mis shifted or cross chained. Because I was screwing around with front gear there, and I assuming that the rear wasn't shifted all the way from the prvious time. Whatever, sh1t happens. I'm not going to feel sorry for the paint, I got a bike to ride it, not baby it. Now, it is a REAL ride.

You'll be surprised at how much faster you get places on a bicycle than a car, and all the women you meet along the way. A bicycle is pimp's dream.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
Oh yea, accessories alone run me close to 300 for this bike. Helmet alone is 99, bell sweep xc. Looks cool.
:up: Styling, I have the red and white one.
djSlvt said:
Nah, bike is pretty safe if you know what you doing. Of course, when things go wrong, things go wrong and you have no protection. But bicycle is pretty cool. I was suprised at how drivers minded me on the road. I though I will get harrased, but I guess my big muscles, beutiful tanned skin, and nice bike turn on women and men alike..
Very true. Few drivers understand the cycling thing unless they're cyclist themselves. I still get a kick out of waiting at a light in full garb and noticing a chick (both older and younger) in the car next to you staring.
djSlvt said:
A bicycle is pimp's dream.
It's all good all of the time. ;)