Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Biggest Overlooked Trick in Online Dating. Hear me out cold approachmaxxers... [you have been doing it wrong]

Genetic Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know and have accepted that tinder is absolutely ****ed unless ur in the top 10% of guys... and even if you do get swipes, every girl you find on there gets hundreds of messages per day.

Keep in mind tinder is 70% men, 30% women too so it makes things even worse.

But my entire life and most guys my age have been cold DMing girls on instagram with much more success.

I am an average looking guy, I barely get any matches on tinder. Lets say if i do somehow get matches. If I message 10 girls on tinder, roughly 3 will actually respond and about 0.1 will actually become someone that i start talking to seriously. its ****.

But on instagram, where ive got all my lays and LTRs from, If I DM 10 girls, about 8 will reply, usually about 2 will properly start speaking to me.

The odds are WAYYYYYY better on IG.
I think this is because its 50% male, 50% female.
Also there's way less compeition. On tinder its literally designed to be a dating app so hundreds more messages get sent by guys.
IG isnt really a dating app so its more rare, also these girls cant access everyone in their town like they can on tinder. only the people who follow them which is very limited if they dont put in effort to grow their account.

If you DM a girl with lets say 200 followers. Thats literally barely any competition. I guarantee she gets 1 new boy message per month if shes lucky( u just have to hope she doesnt join tinder)

And she will be much more appreciative of conversation, her ego isnt inflated as much, higher chance she will like you due to way less options.

Also on IG there are status symbols like your amount of followers, these things that u cant show on tinder and ur lined up next to thousands of other simps(who are probably better looking and taller than you)

IG is less hundreds of guys lined up next to eachother and more about passing looks threshold and holding good convo, holding frame, building connection and progressing etc.

Also there are ways that I have to find these girls from ur area, feel free to PM if u need help.

I know 99% of you guys hate OLD. but you have literally only tried tinder and other apps or sites which are impossible before u even started. IG has a way way way higher chance in ur favour

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
But, what good does it do if you don't live in a major city where many of these Instagram thots live? Fly 500 miles for a date? If one lives in the middle of Kentucky, or bumfuk Missouri Bootheel how does IG work? Sure, if you're in LA, San Diego, or NYC.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
But, what good does it do if you don't live in a major city where many of these Instagram thots live? Fly 500 miles for a date? If one lives in the middle of Kentucky, or bumfuk Missouri Bootheel how does IG work? Sure, if you're in LA, San Diego, or NYC.
You and OP need to move to South East Asia

Genetic Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
what? you do realise literally every single girl is on instagram... that means the thots and the nice datable girls...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll agree that Instagram is likely a better option than the swipe apps.

Good luck finding a woman with only 200 followers in a major city. A personal trainer at my gym has nearly 4,000 Insta followers. She's probably not making much of an effort. She is in her late 20s and has an attractive body. I'm not one of her followers because I don't simp. I'm sure she gets a lot of messages for penis.

Women are fielding a lot of offers for penis on LinkedIn. I can rarely get through my LinkedIn NewsFeed without seeing some past her prime woman in her 30s/40s whining/humblebragging about how many offers for penis she gets on LinkedIn on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Guys are sending out messages on LinkedIn to get laid because they realize it's a shiit show on the swipe apps.

I would not recommend using LinkedIn to approach women (keep white collar work and personal life separate) but Instagram might be worth an exploration. At least you're not affecting your professional life by trying to seduce on Instagram.

Approaching in real life is still better than Instagram.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are fielding a lot of offers for penis on LinkedIn. I can rarely get through my LinkedIn NewsFeed without seeing some past her prime woman in her 30s/40s whining/humblebragging about how many offers for penis she gets on LinkedIn on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Guys are sending out messages on LinkedIn to get laid because they realize it's a shiit show on the swipe apps.
It's OVER for LinkedInCels.

Don Dark Horse

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally have not managed to get to an actual date from an Instagram dm. girls will talk and lead me on and when push comes to shove for a date they ghost.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here’s the problem.
Mosts guys respond or interact in the same way. In a girl‘s view, it‘s a “copy and paste” because they’ve seen it a million times.
Be different, be witty, be funny and separate yourself.
Practice on fatties if you must because there demands are the same.
You’ll figure out what works and what doesn’t. If they ghost, get offended, run off to there ex. WGAF! Keep refining your craft.
Until one learns to talk to a women, you’re approach should be the same regardless of the media.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's OVER for LinkedInCels.
There is no such thing as a LinkedInCel.

LinkedIn has always been a bad place to try to slide into DMs. Women on LinkedIn are not in the mood to deal with DMs there, even if they are single. If you want to use DMs to meet women, Instagram is number 1. Twitter and Facebook would both be ahead of LinkedIn. On the rare chance LinkedIn would work, you'd get some careerist chick to pay attention. She's likely a subpar girlfriend.

Men are resorting to using LinkedIn DMs to get women because Tinder and the swipe apps are a disaster. Instagram is even competitive. Men who are average frustrated chumps at best and subpar men would tend to use LinkedIn to try to get vagina.

Pre-pandemic, there were in-person business networking events and some guys would try to get dates at those. Men who typically tried to get dates from business networking events found it frustrating. The women there would often be too focused on business mode and could not properly deal with personal interest. While I'm sure some men occasionally got a date or two from those, most men wanting dates from in-person business networking event found it less useful for finding dates than other in-person things that they could be doing.

Alumni events were better choices for finding dates than the business networking events. However, it is best to be selective with which alumni events attended. If you went to a school that had a good football/basketball program and there was a game watching event, those events tended to be less useful because the environment was more focused around watching the sporting event than meaningful social events.

Watching sports is also a beta male activity. Playing sports is more alpha/sigma.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be because I'm older, but a lot of these sites seem to lack substance and instead, it's a place for the vanity crowd.

I've found success with meetups.
I look at who is attending, if I like the variety, I'll attend (even if it's so-so, I only attend groups that I would enjoy).
I establish some light rapport with a woman of interest and then socialize with others (appearing as if I was just being social with no agenda).
Then, a few days later, I'll e-mail her and touch on some topic that she and I discussed at the meetup.
Then after a couple of back and forth e-mails, I invite her out.

The odds are really good. The reason is because she already knows me in person.
I'd say that 2/3 of the women are receptive to meeting one on one.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be because I'm older, but a lot of these sites seem to lack substance and instead, it's a place for the vanity crowd.

I've found success with meetups.
I look at who is attending, if I like the variety, I'll attend (even if it's so-so, I only attend groups that I would enjoy).
I establish some light rapport with a woman of interest and then socialize with others (appearing as if I was just being social with no agenda).
Then, a few days later, I'll e-mail her and touch on some topic that she and I discussed at the meetup.
Then after a couple of back and forth e-mails, I invite her out.

The odds are really good. The reason is because she already knows me in person.
I'd say that 2/3 of the women are receptive to meeting one on one.
Most of what you describe would only be applicable with an older crowd. Meetup is shiit for an under 40 crowd for sure. I stopped using Meetup.com groups years before the pandemic started.

With Meetup, I used to look at who was attending. Many times, the most attractive women on the RSVP list wouldn't attend. In the general social groups, Meetup would be 1-2 average/cute gals getting swarmed by men, many of who were Indian/Indian-American STEM worker men with subpar looks/social skills.

No idea why you didn't get the phone number in person and instead did email. Seemed to work. I tend to make the dates when in-person.

Activity groups (like tennis, hiking, bike riding, etc.) are a little bit better than general social groups, but not too much. There are groups for most activities not affiliated with Meetup.com that are usually better for the activity in question.

Meetup doesn't work with younger women because it is not perceived to be cool. Younger women want to do what it is cool and Meetup has always lacked the cool factor.

Maybe Meetup works in a 50+ audience under some other specific conditions.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No idea why you didn't get the phone number in person and instead did email. Seemed to work. I tend to make the dates when in-person.
Pick up material always seems to suggest going for the kill at the time. This may sound good in theory, but I live in the real world.

By meeting someone casually and then moving on to a different social situation, I planted the seed. Within a couple of days it will take root (not always, but usually)

Her defenses will be down, because she’s already met me in real life.

Giving a woman some familiarity and then going for the kill, will definitely increase your odds of success.

Contrary from simply quoting pick up books and passing it on as gospel.… I don’t speak from reading books. I’ll speak from actual experience

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. A major city is best. But I’ve used Tinder when I traveled through the Midwest. Which is sparsely populated. As well as in more rural areas of CA. Still worth trying. Definitely a different demographic group of ladies. But, they’re absolutely not all green-haired land whales. More single moms, though.