"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Big, life-altering decision

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
I have a big decision to make in the next couple of weeks.

I go to a catholic high school, where I'm currently a junior. The curriculum is really advanced, I mean I'm doing college level stuff in 11th grade, and I work my ass off, and I only get a 2.6 - 2.9 GPA, my cumulative is a 2.91.

I'm on the football team and it means everything to me, I don't want to leave everything I've worked for, and I don't want to leave my social life (or lack of).

Why do I have this decision? Because my grades at a public school would be much higher, I have a fresh social start, and I can buy a car, because it frees up $750 per month so I can buy lots of things for myself.

I don't want to leave my team and my ex-girlfriend... and my friends I'm just starting to make. What should I do?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
624
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City, USA
If I were in your shoes, I would choose to change schools. Lets look at the pros and cons of switching:
Cons:
-Leave football team
-Leave friends
-Leave ex (is this a con?)
-Only one year in a new school, so it's only a short, temporary place before whatever you decide to do afterwards.

Pros:
-Save money
-Get grades up
-Make new friends
-Use DJ skills with added "ooh, he's the new guy" element
-Able to buy car

Now I know it might not seem like the pros outweigh the cons, but the most important thing for you to think about is that a year or two from now you will be leaving the football team and all your friends. Why miss the opportunity for more money, better grades, and new friends just to stay with the same people for another year?
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
I suggest you switch high schools...

I mean it is a car :)
 

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
But I want my green/ gold jersey, I don't wanna play for some random team with people that don't respect me.

To hell with that.
 

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
522
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
WA State
whyd you even ask.... Id change to a differant school.... plenty more new puddy diving options
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by AC/DC
But I want my green/ gold jersey, I don't wanna play for some random team with people that don't respect me.

To hell with that.
I'd say you''ve already made up your mind, wouldn't you?

Material possessions vs the team. HUM TUFF!
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Who cares its not like any of this highschool garbage means sh1t after you graduate anyway. Id go to a public school.
 

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Where ever I am
I would swtich, if for no reason other beacuse you get mroe of a real world expierence in a public school.
 

TheGothicCowboy

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
i'd definitely say stay. staying there and working your ass off with a team you love could get you a good football scholarship somewhere, so even a slightly lower gpa would matter much. then, use the money you saved through your scholarship to get a car then. sure, i knew the glory of having a car available at any time in high school, but since it was taken from me in a tragic accident (poor stan. he was hit by a kid from a rival high school, and now he's gone...) and i'm still alive. i can still mooch rides off of friends, walk, bike, or get a ride from the 'rents. lol.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by NYC Dude
If I were in your shoes, I would choose to change schools. Lets look at the pros and cons of switching:
Cons:
-Leave football team
-Leave friends
-Leave ex (is this a con?)
-Only one year in a new school, so it's only a short, temporary place before whatever you decide to do afterwards.

Pros:
-Save money
-Get grades up
-Make new friends
-Use DJ skills with added "ooh, he's the new guy" element
-Able to buy car

Now I know it might not seem like the pros outweigh the cons, but the most important thing for you to think about is that a year or two from now you will be leaving the football team and all your friends. Why miss the opportunity for more money, better grades, and new friends just to stay with the same people for another year?
Ok i completely disagree with you there.

So your a Junior, you've prob already taken the ACT, and will be taking the sat soon. Your grades for the first 3 years are basically set. And plus colleges will look at the classes you've taken with extra consideration. It shows how you apply yourself to your studies no matter what. Plus you've worked hard for your team, not the other. Stick with the green and gold :)

Now lets look at the materialistic view. You can have life long friends, whereas a car will only last at most 10 years and even then. Money is only temporary, your footballl memories will last forever.Your making new friends by being more social, and i'm sure your meeting new chicks. If a college looks at your transcript and see's that you were going to a hard school, busting your ass. Then suddenly you were going to an easy school. what does that say, your a slacker and not willing to take challenges.

I go to a private catholic school, and even though i hate it i wasn't about to leave.

Hope this helps Sebastian :D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top