Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bicycles - Stand Over Height

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Stand over height is when measured from the ground to top of top bar. I'm 5'10" and I wonder what is the right or at least some standover heights where it's not too tall for me and not too small. Something in the ball park?

I got two good bikes, one is 31.5" stand over height, and the other one is 33" stand over height. I care alot about buying a bike and then having your nuts rub on the sit when pedaling.

How hard is it to brake an aluminum racing bicycle?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aluminum holds up well for moderate riding but for intense riding and jumping you'll have to replace it more often. Pro's can replace their frames everytime they have a race.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
I just decided against those two used bikes. Although cheap, they not right size and no warranty. I'm getting a new bike. What the hell, it's costing around $500 anyway.

I have a choice between mercier orion aluminum, Sore STI Tripple; http://www.cyclesmercier.com/models_al2.html

and

Motobecane record, Tigra; http://www.motobecane.com/MBUSArec.html (it listed as sora, but seller is listing as tigra, I'll ask more)...

Basically, what do I get sore or tigra? I know I'll be riding around, barber, publix, work site, whatever. I might as well do some sport riding. I've seen a nice bike chick a55 on google pictures. I'll ride with them. Difference between the two bikes is $50. But I want to go by what I need, because they do steal these bikes, I hear. Bastards.

Another one. On mercier site, in shimano steel and aluminum, how come orion steel cost more than orion al? That puzzles me. Is not suppose AL bikes be more expensive?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care for the components on either bike. Both Sora and Tigra are the lowest end of the components made by Shimano. I'm not saying that you need to get top of the line but if you are willing to spend a grand on a Motobacane (which is a good company for more expensive bikes), you should shop around. For that price you can get last year's model of several different bikes with better components.

If you go Shimano, I suggest not going below ther '105' component set. On 2007 models they've updated the 105 to the quality of their higher end components of the past few years.