Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beware the "Life Coach"

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueAlpha1

Lol excellent analysis bro.

I love these Law of Attraction/The Secret/The Prosperity Gospel preaching idiots who promote this shyt to mainly people that are WORKING CLASS, who all dream to one day be Middle Class or Higher Class.

- I've always been of the fundamental belief, that people always go to God or the SuperNatural, for help with things they don't understand the functionality of.

- You routinely will see working class or poor people "praying" to God for HELP with financial related issues, because the dumb fvcks don't know anything about supply/demand in terms of marketplace skills that pay a premium, they know nothing about budgeting, and they know nothing about investing.....so they take it all to God or the Super Natural to "make a way out of no way". It's stupid.

- The people who fundamentally understand how something works, are usually the people who are in control and manipulating other people to their advantage, even using God or the SuperNatural in a way, to help influence the sheep. Mega Church Pastors get away with this shyt every Sunday. It's disgusting.

Newsflash folks....there's no LAW OF ATTRACTION. You can think positive all fvcking day long, if you don't have the right connections, skills, networks, and capital.....you aren't going to be Middle Class, Higher Class, nor Rich. You will continue to be Working Class/a $400 emergency away from financial ruin.
Indeed.

Actually worked with a baptist black guy at Sprint for a short while. He kept trying to badger me on my religion because he was on some sort of self-imposed "mission". After a while I engaged him and he told me that God could literally keep the lights on in our building if we all just disappeared and didn't pay the electric bill.

This man honestly believes he could leave the country and when he came back, God will have paid the power bill.

This kind of thinking is actually dangerous. How would you feel if a pilot got on the loudspeakers and said to you "folks, we're about 50 miles out and should be on the ground in 10 minutes. Now, I have a really upset stomach, so I'm going to use the restroom and could be a while. But not to worry, I will pray that God lands this plane safely, and that's all you need."

Even the most religious zealot on the plane would have a damn stroke on the spot out of fear.

But it's not just the devout religious/God types. You're seeing a shift back to 1960's style, hippie, pseudo-religion. These people are unreligious or non-denominational, but still consider themselves "spiritual". Whatever that means...(to me, it means a person who understands there is probably no god, but is too weak to give up the idea of themselves living forever)

For some, it means being "one" with the universe or "divine intelligence"
For some, it means tapping into the "third eye"
For some, it means praying to a "universal spirit"
For some, it means becoming pals with a thing called "Karma"
For some, it means putting "healing crystals" or candles all over their sh*tty apartment
For some, it actually means believing that the Earth itself is a conscious entity with awareness.

To a non-believer, these people are even crazier than traditional religious folk. And make no mistake, the "life coach" sprinkles this stuff into their sales pitches. There is a LOT of talk about the "law of attraction", "energies", karma, and talk of the "universe" as a conscious entity in their sales pitches.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the name of your e-book? I wrote one too about masculinity in the corporate world. It only scratches the surface and it's 42 pages long. I'd like to expand on it more, but I don't think I could get it past 100 pages tops.
It's the link in my sig. I never really marketed it so it only sold a couple hundred copies I think, max. It was good to learn the e-book publishing process and actually publish a "book".

Totally agree on motivational seminars. There's a sucker born every minute.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed.

Actually worked with a baptist black guy at Sprint for a short while. He kept trying to badger me on my religion because he was on some sort of self-imposed "mission". After a while I engaged him and he told me that God could literally keep the lights on in our building if we all just disappeared and didn't pay the electric bill.

This man honestly believes he could leave the country and when he came back, God will have paid the power bill.

This kind of thinking is actually dangerous. How would you feel if a pilot got on the loudspeakers and said to you "folks, we're about 50 miles out and should be on the ground in 10 minutes. Now, I have a really upset stomach, so I'm going to use the restroom and could be a while. But not to worry, I will pray that God lands this plane safely, and that's all you need."

Even the most religious zealot on the plane would have a damn stroke on the spot out of fear.

But it's not just the devout religious/God types. You're seeing a shift back to 1960's style, hippie, pseudo-religion. These people are unreligious or non-denominational, but still consider themselves "spiritual". Whatever that means...(to me, it means a person who understands there is probably no god, but is too weak to give up the idea of themselves living forever)

For some, it means being "one" with the universe or "divine intelligence"
For some, it means tapping into the "third eye"
For some, it means praying to a "universal spirit"
For some, it means becoming pals with a thing called "Karma"
For some, it means putting "healing crystals" or candles all over their sh*tty apartment
For some, it actually means believing that the Earth itself is a conscious entity with awareness.

To a non-believer, these people are even crazier than traditional religious folk. And make no mistake, the "life coach" sprinkles this stuff into their sales pitches. There is a LOT of talk about the "law of attraction", "energies", karma, and talk of the "universe" as a conscious entity in their sales pitches.
- What the Life Coach, the Motivational Speaker, and the Prosperity Gospel Pastor ALL are selling is the concept of Hope.

- Their main customer is the hopeless. The person who wants to get out of their current situation but can't figure out a way to get out, but believe there's some "secret way or code" of getting out of it that the TOP people know about, but they don't know about.

- So the Life Coach, the Motivational Speaker, and the Prosperity Gospel Pastor are all selling the secret path to a better life. Which all centers around the Super Natural/Law Of Attraction/Law Of The Universe thinking alignments lol.

I honestly don't think I've accomplished anything through POSITIVE thinking. Everything I've accomplished has been through CRITICAL ANALYSIS, that is to take the good, the bad, the risks, and the rewards, put them all on the table....then figure out how to mitigate the risks while acquiring the rewards in the most efficient way possible.

To me, positive thinking is just like negative thinking, it's one dimensional and doesn't really apply to shyt, because NOTHING is either positive or negative, the concept of positive or negative is always subjective based on the eyes of the beholder. For example, to Americans 9-11 was a negative event, to the foreign idiots that were behind 9-11, that was a positive event.

So when someone tells you to think "positive"......ask them, whose "positive" are you referring to?

B

BlueAlpha1

- What the Life Coach, the Motivational Speaker, and the Prosperity Gospel Pastor ALL are selling is the concept of Hope.

- Their main customer is the hopeless. The person who wants to get out of their current situation but can't figure out a way to get out, but believe there's some "secret way or code" of getting out of it that the TOP people know about, but they don't know about.

- So the Life Coach, the Motivational Speaker, and the Prosperity Gospel Pastor are all selling the secret path to a better life. Which all centers around the Super Natural/Law Of Attraction/Law Of The Universe thinking alignments lol.

I honestly don't think I've accomplished anything through POSITIVE thinking. Everything I've accomplished has been through CRITICAL ANALYSIS, that is to take the good, the bad, the risks, and the rewards, put them all on the table....then figure out how to mitigate the risks while acquiring the rewards in the most efficient way possible.

To me, positive thinking is just like negative thinking, it's one dimensional and doesn't really apply to shyt, because NOTHING is either positive or negative, the concept of positive or negative is always subjective based on the eyes of the beholder. For example, to Americans 9-11 was a negative event, to the foreign idiots that were behind 9-11, that was a positive event.

So when someone tells you to think "positive"......ask them, whose "positive" are you referring to?
I've noticed it about you bro - that you are a math, arithmetic, pros vs cons, spreadsheets, and raw data kinda guy. That's why I like coming to you for advice. That's why I liked Robert Kyosaki's book. It was 250 pages of EXAMPLES with NUMBERS all over the damn page, not BUZZWORDS.

And the fact that you've eclipsed 6 figures and a 200k net worth by 33 means you probably know your shyt. If anybody could genuinely sell a "get rich" product, it's somebody like you. But you wouldn't be sending people to the churches, to Corey Wayne's $10,000 ebook, or to a Tony Robbins seminar, where the clientele are generally crazier than a scientology conference. You'd market it correctly as a SLOW and CONCISE method to reaching a $1 million net worth in 25 years, not these pipe dreams like the one my friend has.

He would tell you fvck all that get rich slow jazz, because Jay-Z has a 500 mil net worth and was making 6 figures by 23. My friend, still broke as hell 2 years after we started talking, still talks delusions of grandeur about how he's going to be the "greatest rapper who ever lived". Here's a man whose never moved out of his grandmother's house at age 26.

The chest thumpers here would tell me I'm a negative person and am "putting him down". No, all I'm saying is betting the entire house on the 1 in a million chance of being successful is not smart investing.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to be teaching life motivational courses on SS for $1000 an hour per customer starting tomorrow itt. Sign up now before it's all over for you.

Trust me. I'm a professional.

B

BlueAlpha1

I'm going to be teaching life motivational courses on SS for $1000 an hour per customer starting tomorrow itt. Sign up now before it's all over for you.

Trust me. I'm a professional.
*Limited time offer. ACT NOW!! This link will only work for another 8 hours*
*Will send you my e-book FREE with the 99 proven steps, just pay the $300 shipping and handling*
*AND if you act in the next 60 minutes, I'll give you a discount to my online course "A New You Is Born", normally a $4,000 value, yours for $699 a month!*
*30 day moneyback guarantee, minus the 1,000 no refund clauses in the T&C's*
*Thousands of testimonials, 98% positive, despite my book's 2/5 rating on Amazon*
*I am always sold out two weeks in advance. If you need a sooner response choose emergency email*
*Take the first step NOW! Don't wait! Overcome your fear and become an entrepreneur TODAY! The universe is CALLING OUT TO YOU!"
*Positive people and go-getters ONLY! Slackers need not apply!"

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
You'd market it correctly as a SLOW and CONCISE method to reaching a $1 million net worth in 25 years, not these pipe dreams like the one my friend has.
- Yes bro, because 9.8 times out of 10, the way to BUILD wealth is through time and strategic planning. This is how 9.8 out of 10 wealthy people/families become wealthy.

- From there, they make further strategic moves to KEEP the wealth within the family and GROW it from Generation to Generation.

- But it has to start somewhere, so if you are coming from a situation where you have ZERO and your family has ZERO (in terms of wealth), your focus is on building wealth over a period of time....which should take anywhere from 20 - 30 years (9.8 times out of 10) and then from there, just preserve the wealth and continue to grow it from Generation to Generation.

Now, in the 0.2 times out of 10, you have a situation where a guy builds wealth rapidly (within 5 to 10 years). These are your lottery winners, guys wth huge business contracts, guys who get in on a particular business opportunity, etc. THIS type of success is a very hit or miss type of situation, where if it happens it can damn near be contributed to just being in the right place at the right time.

I recommend that guys build wealth the 9.8 out of 10 times way, because that gives you the best CHANCE of actually building it, rather than trying to rely on hit or miss shyt.

B

BlueAlpha1

You guys are all doing it wrong...

Oh yes, Tony Robbins. Thanks for the quadrant that explains why lack of "beliefs" is the reason I'm not rich.

Maybe I should jump up and down in place screaming or run across some hot coals, then proceed to write you a check for $2,000 for this grand idea. That should solve my problem.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yes, Tony Robbins. Thanks for the quadrant that explains why lack of "beliefs" is the reason I'm not rich.

Maybe I should jump up and down in place screaming or run across some hot coals, then proceed to write you a check for $2,000 for this grand idea. That should solve my problem.
Lmaoo, you know bro.....we could headline Wrestlemania 34 with a match, if we just BELIEVE hard enough :rofl:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

to be fair, maybe you'd be rich if you tried some crazy business idea that you wrote off a long time ago and it takes off and makes you a millionaire

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not going to quote everything but just going to add my feedback.

The Law of Attraction is pure BS - My ex used to listen to this stupid CD called 'The Secret' who pitched this concept in some motivational upbeat voice LOL Trust me its all BS - You can't think something and get it, plain and simple.

Most of these motivational people are full of **** - charlatans like Donald Trump!

I bet you both were with me till that last one. I also include Robert Kiyosaki in the charlatan group. His book gave me the mindset which caused me to be in debt. He advocates investing in penny stocks and taking big risks, basically says a house is not an asset and a bunch of other crap. I used to buy into this when I first read it but now that I'm dealing with the aftermath of it I realize slow and steady was the way to go. This guy also says not to pay your bills first or some other bs... The guy made up this imaginary rich dad figured as no one could confirm him. He made his fortune selling his books to suckers, and I was one of them.

So there you go, I just disagreed with everyone on this thread! Guess I won't be getting any likes for this post LOL

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
*Limited time offer. ACT NOW!! This link will only work for another 8 hours*
*Will send you my e-book FREE with the 99 proven steps, just pay the $300 shipping and handling*
*AND if you act in the next 60 minutes, I'll give you a discount to my online course "A New You Is Born", normally a $4,000 value, yours for $699 a month!*
*30 day moneyback guarantee, minus the 1,000 no refund clauses in the T&C's*
*Thousands of testimonials, 98% positive, despite my book's 2/5 rating on Amazon*
*I am always sold out two weeks in advance. If you need a sooner response choose emergency email*
*Take the first step NOW! Don't wait! Overcome your fear and become an entrepreneur TODAY! The universe is CALLING OUT TO YOU!"
*Positive people and go-getters ONLY! Slackers need not apply!"
I will be teaching men to levitate into their infinite untapped consciousness. Together we will all fly to the sun and be the God's of the universe. Nothing will stop us.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score

The Law of Attraction is pure BS - My ex used to listen to this stupid CD called 'The Secret' who pitched this concept in some motivational upbeat voice LOL Trust me its all BS - You can't think something and get it, plain and simple.

Most of these motivational people are full of **** - charlatans like Donald Trump!

I bet you both were with me till that last one. I also include Robert Kiyosaki in the charlatan group. His book gave me the mindset which caused me to be in debt. He advocates investing in penny stocks and taking big risks, basically says a house is not an asset and a bunch of other crap. I used to buy into this when I first read it but now that I'm dealing with the aftermath of it I realize slow and steady was the way to go. This guy also says not to pay your bills first or some other bs... The guy made up this imaginary rich dad figured as no one could confirm him. He made his fortune selling his books to suckers, and I was one of them.

So there you go, I just disagreed with everyone on this thread! Guess I won't be getting any likes for this post LOL
- Actually I agree with you on Trump and Kiyosaki, both of which have in the Past been pushing the same similar shyt.

- The reality is that most people are broke and overweight, which creates a lot of depression and a miserable life experience for most people. As a result, you have the creation of the Self-Improvement Industry. So you will have a bunch of people getting up in "guru fashion" to give people the "secrets" to:

* Change their financial situation without doing ACTUAL business foundational work coupled with having patience/progressing over time

* Change their current health/fitness status without doing ACTUAL exercise/eating foundational work coupled with having patience/progressing over time

* Etc.

- This now creates the rise of get rich quick scams (MLMs/pyramids/etc), the prosperity gospel, varioius fad diets, various stupid a.ss fat burners, various stupid a.ss ab belts, various books on how positive thinking can make you rich, and other STUPID a.ss shyt.

It's an entire industry, The Self-Improvement Industry.

Last edited:

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Definitely agree with you on the Kyosaki comments. His stuff is incredibly basic but given the lack of financial education in the West, probably groundbreaking to some. Just because there's numbers and charts doesn't make it any less rudimentary but that stuff pulls in the suckers, of which there are many.

You're right. Slow and steady is definitely the way to go. And the beauty of that route is due to the nature of compounding once you get over the initial hurdle, building wealth is easy. Then it becomes a matter of "when", not "if" with regards to achieving millionaire status.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Actually I agree with you on Trump and Kiyosaki, both of which have in the Past been pushing the same similar shyt.

- The reality is that most people are broke and overweight, which creates a lot of depression and a miserable life experience for most people. As a result, you have the creation of the Self-Improvement Industry. So you will have a bunch of people getting up in "guru fashion" to give people the "secrets" to:

* Change their financial situation without doing ACTUAL business foundational work coupled with having patience/progressing over time

* Change their current health/fitness status without doing ACTUAL exercise/eating foundational work coupled with having patience/progressing over time

* Etc.

- This now creates the rise of get rich quick scams (MLMs/pyramids/etc), the prosperity gospel, varioius fad diets, various stupid a.ss fat burners, various stupid a.ss ab belts, various books on how positive thinking can make you rich, and other STUPID a.ss shyt.

It's an entire industry, The Self-Improvement Industry.
Gotz to FEEEEEEELZZZZ good, man.....

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, much slamming on life/wealth coaches in this thread. Yeah, some coaches aren't legit. Others are. Some of the coaches mentioned in this thread have consulted billionaires or CEOs of major publicly traded companies. How many of you, who have bashed ALL life/wealth coaches, have net-worths which exceed 1 MM today, whereas you unequivocally know that the way you understand life and wealth supersedes their knowledge?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
How many of you, who have bashed ALL life/wealth coaches, have net-worths which exceed 1 MM today, whereas you unequivocally know that the way you understand life and wealth supersedes their knowledge?
So is your argument that just because someone has MONEY/high net worth, that we ought to listen to their "tips" on acquiring money? EVEN IF said acquisition was done through illegitimate and unethical means?

If so, how about I call up Bernie Madoff or anyone of the other guys from American Greed who are sitting in someone's prison right now, for some "tips"? ;)

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is your argument that just because someone has MONEY/high net worth, that we ought to listen to their "tips" on acquiring money? EVEN IF said acquisition was done through illegitimate and unethical means?

If so, how about I call up Bernie Madoff or anyone of the other guys from American Greed who are sitting in someone's prison right now, for some "tips"? ;)
Reaching? I can't blame you.

Though, if a public mentor (named in this thread) had advised the CEO's or higher execs of billion dollar corporations, than I think I'd err to the solicitations of this particular mentor than the guy who thinks a 200K net worth is an accomplishment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.