Beware Of Weightlifting And The False Sense Of Accomplishment

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
To a point, that is. There's being in good shape, then there's being "ripped"... and I tell ya, a lot of girls are not into huge guys. A LOT.
Yea, i wasn't talking about the steroid junky look.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbot said:
don't be f*cking stupid. I'm 6'0" and 140 pounds of pure skinny, and I get more beutiful ladies in a month then most guys get in their lives. Sure, having a perfect body helps, but to directly contradict what Krassus is saying, you DO NOT need to lift on a regular basis to be successful with women. I'm living proof. All you need is the ability to accept rejection for a couple months until you figure out what you're doing, and then you will completely transcend the whole idea of seduction. Getting laid almost becomes an inconvenience, because you actually have to take ten to twenty minutes out of your life to drive to Savemart and pick up some innocent cutie who's just trying to get her grocery shopping done, but would rather make a short detour to your apartment so you can f*ck her brains out. You'll also realize how little your wardrobe or hairstyle matters. I've been wearing the same two pairs of GAP jeans for the past three years, along with white Fruit of The Loom shirts that are sold in packs of ten at Wallmart. I feel sorry for the guys that spend sh*tloads of money on clothes or at the gym just to improve their "game." Work out for your health, or to stay in shape, but not for women. That just means you have some sort of insecurity complex, and p*ssy is the last thing you should be worried about.
There is truth to what you're saying. Quality clothing helps, but it isn't essential. As long as it's clean and in good shape. As far as weightlifting goes... ironically enough, most of its benefits are INDIRECT. Like you said, a lot of guys have various complexes, and i've honestly never seen ANYTHING that helps wipe those out as quickly as weightlifting. What it does to your MIND is even more magical than what it does to your body. Being skinny isn't particularly bad, as you can still get hot chicks, but it's being FAT that's a real problem. Sure, we've all seen an occasional fat guy with a hot chick, but let's become conscious of the fact that for every one of whose guys, we've also seen 15,000 fat guys who weren't as lucky. That's pretty much where i was coming from. If you're overweight, you HAVE to address that before you can expect to be successful with chicks. Not only do you look like sh1t, but your mind is in no better shape than your body. Also, if you're skinny and getting laid all the time, you WILL get laid MORE OFTEN, WITH LESS EFFORT, BY HOTTER CHICKS if you put on some muscle.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blueguy said:
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/anthonyellis.JPG

Girls like nice bodies. Which guy do you think the girl gets more turned on by? Which guy commands more respect from other guys? I mean, seriously, how can you say this? It's crazy.

Some women genuinely get turned off by muscles simply because IT PUTS THE GUY OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE!
You nailed it.

KJB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
Marlimus, weightlifting is ESSENTIAL for MASSIVE success in most areas of life. I can DEFINITELY tell you that you can NOT be TRULY successful with women unless you lift on a regular basis. The same is true about business. Without exercise, you simply begin to run low on emotional fuel, low on that feeling of burning desire, passion, strength and determination that is ESSENTIAL to succeed in business. On top of all that, weightlifting extends your lifespan, and NOTHING is more important than that. Finally, all that being said, yes you should be careful not to LIMIT your life to ONLY working out. This has never happened to me though, as after lifting, i generally feel extremely motivated to read, do the things i've been putting off doing, etc. Perhaps its different for other people though, so yea we should stay conscious of that.
I wouldnt say weightlifting is essential for success. Ive had big weightlifters try to show me up in front of women, bragging about how much they can lift and how strong they are. Now, Im a martial artist, so I make a C+F crack about how weightlifters spend more time in the gym than us and still cant intimidate us. I think weightlifting alone is rather shallow excercise.
Sure, chicks dig big muscles, but when it comes down to it somebody training in martial arts or hell even gymnastics actually has some kind of skills to show for the training. Just my two cents.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight training is differently important for different people. Can make a world of difference for a skinny fellow whose testosterone is far short of your typical crack dealer (yes, there is a bit of sarcasm intended here), but may not be so useful for a guy who's naturally well-built and could end up in jail due to the effects of any more testosterone than he already has (though a different sort of cardio-oriented regimen may still be good).

Different strokes for different blokes.

As for "putting myself out of a woman's league," I really don't view that as a "problem," but overly-built guys are sometimes seen as vain and a bit insecure and unbalanced (overly obsessed with their appearance).

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, if you read a lot of the bodybuilding programs on here, they are a LOT of work. Not just the actual working out, but all the calculating, and especially the meals. Six/Seven times a day?

I myself get good, confidence-building results from three one-hour workouts a week. I eat like crap, don't get enough sleep, and drink a lot. Now, my metabolism rocks, but still I'm looking pretty good for 31. If I just stayed working out, I could look just fine.
Point well taken. I've always done best with 1 heavy (but not too long) full-body weight workout per week, and no meal calculation or any of that. Just listen to my hunger, and keep fed. Have only worked out a few months of the year. Gone from 140ish to over 190 at 6'1", but lately have dropped the carbs to cut a bit. It's not all that difficult.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
LMAO! That's the saddest thing i've ever seen. I bet if you ask him his interests he'd say "women". If I was that big I wouldn't fit in a racing kart, would suck at most sports, and i'd probably break all my musical instruments by trying to play them. I'm out of this thread now before some braindead big guy beats me up! LOL (WORLD CUP TIME BABY!)

you forgot to mention that if you had his body you would have 100+ hot chicks saying they want your body:)

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thead is out of control. I'm not sayinig skinny is better or that lifting is bad. I'm just saying that too many people are doing it for the wrong reasons. Lifting to get women is STUPID and a waste of time. Trust me, getting women is much easier than revamping your entire lifestyle to have the perfect diet/workout routine. Sure, all that hard work and dedication may turn some heads, but don't expect rockstar level results just because you packed on a few pounds of muscle.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
As far as weightlifting goes... ironically enough, most of its benefits are INDIRECT. Like you said, a lot of guys have various complexes, and i've honestly never seen ANYTHING that helps wipe those out as quickly as weightlifting. What it does to your MIND is even more magical than what it does to your body.
I think this is the key... it's not that bodybuilding makes women actually see you as a better catch (even if it does).... the important part is that bodybuilding makes YOU think that you are a better catch.

And what you think about yourself is much more important that what others think of you, because confidence is the #1 factor in DJ'ing, right?

So it looks like we're settled.... yay!

Frink'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights 3 days a week for one hour is not hard. Everything can be taken to extremes and you dont need to be a 250 lbs heavyweight to be a bodybuilder. I myself prefer the 180-190 look at 5'8. That is not bulky. You produce more testosterone, become more driven, focused, ambitious, concentrated, awake and aware, energetic, fun, naturally confident...the list goes on. And it's not because of bigger muscles. It's because of the higher hormone production. As long as it doesn't become an obsession, only good can come from it. Reap the rewards, have fun with it. No point in it taking over your life. By the way, if you're bodybuilding, try out powerlifting or powerbuilding. Alot more fun.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KJB said:
I wouldnt say weightlifting is essential for success. Ive had big weightlifters try to show me up in front of women, bragging about how much they can lift and how strong they are.
Eh, yea that's pretty immature. There are bad apples in every bunch.

Hadow Khan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a personal trainer, its my job.

If weight lifting makes you feel better about yourself, makes you stronger, look better, then go for it.

Most of all, do it because you enjoy it. Nothing turns women on more than a guy who is happy with his existance. Chicks want a piece of that.

Just don't make it the center of your life.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
An expectional physique can bag you an exceptional girl...doesn't matter if you built like Vin Diesel or Brad Pitt...physically attractive women like to fvuk fit guys...

Take a look the billboards and the TV shows...fitness is where it's at. A young, well-muscled man is the cultural ideal.

A Fat and sedentary physique is insufficient for bagging most women...you must convey power or status. Howard Stern couln't get laid unless he was...Howard Stern.
So bald, overweight guys are screwed then? I hate to burst your bubble, but most of the guys I know with the not-so-perfect physique are the ones who get the most women. I think you need to re-evaluate what women look for in men. I don't care if they're looking for an LTR or a one nighter, looks are an INDERECT factor. Who do women want to f*ck? More than anything, they want to f*ck the guy they THINK all their friends want to f*ck. Think about that the next time you approach a group of 4 girls. Why is it smarter to ignore your target and build rapport with her friends? It doesn't matter in the least if her friends are actually "attracted" to you. If they seem at all entertained, then you've just jumped to the top of her list.

I'm not saying you have to scout out women in packs and do magic tricks for their friends. This is all sh*t they do without even realizing. Remember, girls are more concerned with what other people think then what they themselves think. Looks come second.

One more thing: TV shows and billboards AREN'T REAL. Do you EVER see ugly women (or men for that matter) on billboards? Why do you think our generation is so obsessed with perfection?

Last edited:

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbot said:
So bald, overweight guys are screwed then? I hate to burst your bubble
No, i hate to burst YOUR bubble, because guys like that are screwed like you WOULDN'T BELIEVE. Gorgeous women won't even LOOK at them, let alone fvck them, let alone even CONSIDER having a relationship with them. Overweight = a person of LOW standards = HUGE turnoff for ANYONE with HIGH standards.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with dbot here.

Looks matter but perfection is so not needed or possible.

Krassus, as long as your not repulsive to the point of burning of the eyes a chick would **** you because you have a d!ck.

Krassus I think you have a muscle obession.

dbot is right about tv shows, the average on tv is so far above average in real life. People seem to forget that. That means if you look like an ugly guy on a tv show in real life you could actually be pretty hot.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm tired of listening to what people think they know. Look at this photo:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2914/zzzzha7pb.jpg

This is my roommate. That's one of the girls he's currently dating. This guy gets laid on a regular basis, and I seriously doubt it's his charming good looks doing it for him. I'm not going to sit here and argue with random people on a message board about something this trivial. Stop making up excuses for yourselves. Get out, talk to girls, and you'll be fine.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
please describe that monstrosity in every detail

that guy is about as bad looking as it gets and if he truly is banging that girl i would say he is the exception to the rule, guys shouldn't think it doesn't matter that they are fat

I never once said that muscles were needed to get girls, they are definitly not needed. All I'm saying is it HELPS (espcially with super hb's) and the 100 some comments in that meathead's myspace prove it:p

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that there comes a point when you're completely neglecting to properly take care of yourself. The point I am trying to make is that men and women think totally differently, and you're most definitely not out of anyone's league.

I'm a good looking guy. I'm skinny, but that's pretty much the only thing I have going against me (and it doesn't hurt me that much). I don't actually log my pickups, but I'd estimate that I can kiss/f*ck close roughly 30% of the girls I approach, in ideal situations of course (ie alone, during the day, in a relaxed, low traffic setting such as a coffee shop or bookstore).

Now you say you want to know the details about this guy? Here's the scoop:

He brings girls home all the time, so what's the difference? The difference is his success rate is less than half of what mine is. So while I might have to approach three girls before one bites, he has to approach six.

The truth is that I don't know exactly how many girls he talks to in order to get laid on a consistant basis, but the point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't matter. If you're truly confident and comfortable with your sexuality, then you're going to be talking to girls all the time anyway, in every situation, without even thinking about it. It doesn't matter if you have to talk to 30 different girls... that's just your typical tuesday.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbot said:
I'm tired of listening to what people think they know. Look at this photo:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2914/zzzzha7pb.jpg

This is my roommate. That's one of the girls he's currently dating. This guy gets laid on a regular basis, and I seriously doubt it's his charming good looks doing it for him. I'm not going to sit here and argue with random people on a message board about something this trivial. Stop making up excuses for yourselves. Get out, talk to girls, and you'll be fine.

This guy must have an incredible charm to be with a girl like that. She's a 9 in my book, whereas he's a... ummm... a tad bit under that.

IMO, the truest sentence about looks is that "Looks are not necessary", which means that they help a awesome lot, but you can supply their lack of with something else.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In reality the girl is a 6 and the guy is a 5.
Of course they can fvck each other.

You only think the guy is lower than a 5 because your not a chick. So any horny 6 or even higher who finds him funny or something will still of course go home with him.

I think you guys just can't judge looks honestly. Life is not TV.

Last edited: