Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Better OLD sites than POF?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've met almost all of my dates, girlfriends, etc. online. Either back in the myspace days or on POF. Mostly on POF as of late since nobody uses myspace anymore really (I've tried again, no responses, used to get tons of responses on myspace). POF I still get a lot of responses.

I get a lot of numbers from day game but they rarely, very rarely turn into anything. In most cases they never text back, which according to one study is what happens 70% of the time when women give out their number.

The quality of the women on POF is really low. They all seem to have some serious baggage, are losers or crazies. So despite the fact that OLD is what has given me the most success with the least effort, I'm considering other approaches, namely: social circles.

I've noticed women at work, or when I was in college, hit on me and pursue me. Seems like women getting to know me through a naturally shared activity like work or whatever makes them interested in me and initiate being more than colleagues or classmates. I'm considering trying this but my biggest worry is that in the past many of these ended up being drama/failures and then I had to see the person all the time and it sucked.

So that brings me back to OLD.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of whales is a giant lard repository, at least in my city, and apparently all over too. Not worth the effort. OK cupid has somewhat better selection, so does Bumble.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of whales is a giant lard repository, at least in my city, and apparently all over too. Not worth the effort. OK cupid has somewhat better selection, so does Bumble.

I've met and slept with hot girls on POF consistently over the years but yes, there are a lot of women who having nothing going for them and show up looking 20 years and 30 lbs heavier. I screen them pretty well usually.

The problem is the quality of the women on there does indeed appear to be women who are either crazy, poor, or with 3 kids from multiple fathers.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said it yourself, "women getting to know me through a naturally shared activity like work or whatever makes them interested in me". Join some real world stuff. Stop using OLD as your one source of meeting women. OLD for me is the last resort because frankly I don't like dumpster diving which is what that is. Join a meetup, play co-ed softball or soccer, make new friends and then network through them. There are so many better and easier ways of meeting quality women.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said it yourself, "women getting to know me through a naturally shared activity like work or whatever makes them interested in me". Join some real world stuff. Stop using OLD as your one source of meeting women. OLD for me is the last resort because frankly I don't like dumpster diving which is what that is. Join a meetup, play co-ed softball or soccer, make new friends and then network through them. There are so many better and easier ways of meeting quality women.

What kind of activities other than those? I'm not huge into sports. Boring AF to me. Hiking perhaps. Wine tasting? I dunno. I'll have to do some research on this since there don't seem to be too many ideas coming to light right off the cuff.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Stop taking the lazy man's approach of OLD and get out in the real world and meet people.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop taking the lazy man's approach of OLD and get out in the real world and meet people.
For me meeting women in the real world is easier than online dating. I meet higher quality women in random places compared to online where I tend to meet psychos and women that feed off drama.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of activities other than those? I'm not huge into sports. Boring AF to me. Hiking perhaps. Wine tasting? I dunno. I'll have to do some research on this since there don't seem to be too many ideas coming to light right off the cuff.
Have you thought about learning to dance? there are always more women than men at ballroom dancing classes. Tango appears to be especially good

Remember you're trying to improve yourself, not meet women

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you thought about learning to dance? there are always more women than men at ballroom dancing classes. Tango appears to be especially good

Remember you're trying to improve yourself, not meet women
Yep. Spent like 3K in my early twenties on it. Waste of time. Nothing came of it. There were two 6's in the class that were awkward and nervous. Maybe I should stick to OLD. It's the one place I've always consistently produced results while most guys struggle with OLD. I'm talking women coming over or inviting me over for sex in the first few emails, then we'd meet up and do the deed. Got to the point that they would stop by my place on their way to girls night out and I'd finish all over their face and send them off to the club for guys to buy the drinks after I already got what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, OLD is still a huge numbers game, sometimes better than others, but I have had the best results with this. And I can't seem to find an activity that hot single women would go to that I'd actually be interested in.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. Spent like 3K in my early twenties on it. Waste of time. Nothing came of it. There were two 6's in the class that were awkward and nervous.
Did you learn how to dance at least?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you learn how to dance at least?
I did but I'm terrible at it and it was almost two decades ago so I forgot. Honestly I think I'm better off sticking with OLD, it's what's I've had 99% of my results with. VERY few field pulls. Lot's of numbers, almost every girl gives me her number here but they lead to nothing. I live in literally the hardest city for dating. We have a reputation for how hard it is and guys from all over the country have come here and gone from killing it where they were at to NOTHING here. When I was in grad school out of state in the south the chics were TOTALLY different. Here they are feminists/Metoo women.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you're not alone I always pulled better from old than in real. NFI I didn't have professional photos Chad looks a Maserati or anything else you could really put it down to. I am fairly witty but surely that's most guys these days. I d say the two big rules are being on Plenty of sites and only talk to the ones that message or like you first. a lot of the guys here swear by closing down your account and opening up a new one every couple of months.

but I think you still should be doing the dancing cooking lessons and meet up and whatever else just to have a life. Any chick you think is worth hanging onto is going to want some Social Scene. of course there's no ownership it's just your turn now but if you are here you probably know that.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I actually advocate this too.

I've nothing against men who does well on OLD, more power to them but there seems an over emphasis on it.

There's actually more benefits meeting women outside of OLD, keeps the hands on approach and interactions polished plus you get the chance to screen them when they're not putting on a facade.

Some say all women are on OLD apps, I think that's a major fallacy, sure many women are registered on some OLD app but I'd say 90% of the women registered on it out of curiosity or peer pressure.

Then they just as soon get back to the real world.

Which leaves those unable too because.....well I'll let you use that imagination of yours.

Glassguy

Reaction score
In my experience most higher value women are not on old and have never been on OLD. They have options without using it.

Nothing against OLD because it's a platform for meeting women......but when guys put all of their stock in OLD they will easily get disappointed.

Use it as a tool but not your main tool. There is no substitute for getting out there and socializing in real life situations.