Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Betatude is a terrible

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it all the time. There's beta in us all, but some guys are just super-omega, bottom of the pile, betas.

You know the type.

Bad haircut. Bad voice. Terrible feminine body language. Ugly girlfriend.

Doesn't go to the gym. Is proud to be nerdy. Beta friends, just like him. Thinks his ugly girlfriend will leave if he doesn't treat her nice. Would not believe you if you told him otherwise.

He is too easy to talk to. Too friendly and accepting to anyone. Likeable, but boring. He is a weesh. Smiles too much.

I shared a table at a bar with some of these pitiful souls recently. I smiled and nodded and listened to them talk about their insignificant lives. Betatude is a terrible thing. I didn't want to participate in conversation too much, worried that someone might see me and assume i was on their level of betatude.

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Release the hate within you. The world is only a reflection.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The hate within is too strong to release.

I dont hate the beta. I just pity him :(

And keep a healthy distance.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything you described about an "uber-beta" sounds true in a lot of guys I know, except for the fact that they can't even talk to girls, much less procure an unattractive one to be their awkward other half.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes me pitty the worst of the worst, the biggest afc lower than any greek word there is:

Those dorks that go to Perkins(chain sitdown restaurant in the midwest USA) at 9pm on a ****ing FRIDAY and sit and play magic or D&D or whatever lame board game is popular amongst the virgin community now days. I can't think of any group of individuals more pathetic.

9 years and finally to post #100 go me!

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Borknagar said:
Makes me pitty the worst of the worst, the biggest afc lower than any greek word there is:

Those dorks that go to Perkins(chain sitdown restaurant in the midwest USA) at 9pm on a ****ing FRIDAY and sit and play magic or D&D or whatever lame board game is popular amongst the virgin community now days. I can't think of any group of individuals more pathetic.

9 years and finally to post #100 go me!
Nothing wrong with social games! The only problem is that the people they're socializing with are mostly losers. But hey, if the guys (and sometimes girls) are OK then I'm all for doing nerdy things if you can have a good time!

(but I hate D&D and that crap... I feel fantasy stuff is an escape from reality)

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone do the honors of defintions of the modern-day Beta? And how he compares to the Alpha, because, if the Beta I'm thinking about, then that is the majority of men I see and interact with everywhere. This includes social fashion, I've seen guys wearing ugg boots and the leather high-heeled boots too. They have feminine ways, ie, doing un-manly gestures, high vocal tones, white knighting, seeking validation, pretending to be Alphas, pack mentality, being nerdy, xxs skinny jeans, wearing feminine apparel. Am I on the right track?

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I agree mostly with everything in this topic except these examples

He is too easy to talk to. Too friendly and accepting to anyone. Likeable, but boring. He is a weesh. Smiles too much.

What's wrong with being friendly now a days???? It's like being a nice likable person is a disease these days? What's wrong smiling and being a pleasant person to be around? Everyone wants to portray this image of ultra douche bag.....for the sake of being Alpha, but really why be that way/ what does it accomplish other than having people not like nor want to be around you?

yes there are people who are so sugary sweet nice and agree with everything you say and it makes you sick...., but come on guy? being Alpha does not mean you have to be a douche or shun everyone you meet.

Those dorks that go to Perkins(chain sitdown restaurant in the midwest USA) at 9pm on a ****ing FRIDAY and sit and play magic or D&D or whatever lame board game is popular amongst the virgin community now days. I can't think of any group of individuals more pathetic

How do you know they are virgins? I like to play card games sometimes everyone has an activity that they like to do...
Not everybody likes to go out get crunk and dance like monkeys to club music. You are generalizing and it's hurting your stance.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
Okay I agree mostly with everything in this topic except these examples

What's wrong with being friendly now a days???? It's like being a nice likable person is a disease these days? What's wrong smiling and being a pleasant person to be around? Everyone wants to portray this image of ultra douche bag.....for the sake of being Alpha, but really why be that way/ what does it accomplish other than having people not like nor want to be around you?

yes there are people who are so sugary sweet nice and agree with everything you say and it makes you sick...., but come on guy? being Alpha does not mean you have to be a douche or shun everyone you meet.
To the untrained eye they sound like good things, but in reality they are weeshy beta traits.

It's a good thing to be social with cool guys, make conversation and talk to new people. However this:

is actually the description of an uncool beta. People being so comfortable around you is not necessarily a good thing.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
To the untrained eye they sound like good things, but in reality they are weeshy beta traits.

It's a good thing to be social with cool guys, make conversation and talk to new people. However this:

is actually the description of an uncool beta. People being so comfortable around you is not necessarily a good thing.
Basically, what Ease is trying to say is that there is a difference between being friendly, humble and benevolent, which is alpha...and being overly-accepting, which is exceedingly beta.

Let me illustrate.

Somebody whose generally nice and respectful will also be honest and un-afraid of conflict or being disagreed with. They will also not be afraid of realizing and acting upon their lack of acceptance of certain people. Let's just be honest....there are going to be people in this world who mean well, but you just can't see yourself being friends with them. An Alpha-male will realize this and let that person know. They're not going to fake like a Beta, who only hangs out with his other "Beta" friends because he can't hang out with the "cool kids".

Hope this helps.

x86

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with being nerdy.

I am enjoying my life and getting tail.

I have seen supposed "alphas" with a messed up life and no goals at all. Those are the people that deserve your pity and not nerds that have their **** together.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over smiling, over friendliness, and over acceptiveness are beta because they are weak. The beta is happy simple because he has someone to talk to. A man needs someone to talk to as well, but a man enjoys the company of like-minded men, not anyone and everyone. If such a beta would approach a group such men and acted in his beta manner, an awkward situation would occur. If the man approached the beta group, the betas would welcome him with open arms.

But yes craigreeves put it in a less blunt way.

x86 said:
There is nothing wrong with being nerdy.

I am enjoying my life and getting tail.

I have seen supposed "alphas" with a messed up life and no goals at all. Those are the people that deserve your pity and not nerds that have their **** together.
Is proud to be nerdy
Warning warning warning

x86

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you have the wrong definition of alpha in your head there ease.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't want to participate in conversation too much, worried that someone might see me and assume i was on their level of betatude.
Back in high school I think they just called this being "stuck up".
If you were truly alpha, you wouldn't be worried about what other people think of you.

What you're advocating is just being seen with the "cool kids".
This seems too limiting to me, because there are a lot of interesting people from all walks of life. Especially when you get out of high school, the line between "cool" and "uncool" starts to blur.

Anyway, some girls actually like nerdy types. Ever see those "I love nerds" shirts some girls wear? Supposedly, "nerd" is a type that women like to fantasize about, like "bad boy" or "man in uniform".

P

perseverance

I'm a bit of a nerd, I like to play Scrabble with my Grandma on a Tuesday evening!

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
Ease I don't know your age or who you are, but you sound like a guy who acts tough on the outside, and on the inside is an insecure phaggot that no-one likes. If those guys are having fun talking about nerdy sh!t and being nerds, who cares. So smiling, being friendly, being happy, and being approachable are "weak" traits now? F*ck of you dipsh!t. Just because you're a phaggot no-one likes doesn't mean you have to put thoughts into naive peoples heads that if you want to be "alpha" you have to be 50% or more a$$hole. What IS weak is when you talk to someone, they disrespect you or show you no respect, but you continue to show them respect and talk to them. THAT is weak. You are part of what is wrong with this world, guys think they have to act like tough d!ckheads all the time to be a man, when really they are putting up a fake front, which is WEAK. YOU ARE WEAK.

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to be a Beta, than a White Knight Gamma in shining armour. Trust me, there are many out there. I had thrown eggs at girls I knew for Halloween, we were all joking around and this random F*ckface came out of nowhere and asked me "What are you doing !?",

Can't take this sh*t man. Stop trying to score browny points in order to score some poon or look tough!

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in high school I think they just called this being "stuck up".

I am simply voicing unspoken laws of life. Observe and you will see for yourself.

Here's the biggest problem with betas:

Ease said:
Thinks [whatever].
Would not believe you if you told him otherwise..
Korrupt
Ease I don't know your age or who you are, but you sound like a guy who acts tough on the outside, and on the inside is an insecure phaggot that no-one likes. If those guys are having fun talking about nerdy sh!t and being nerds, who cares. So smiling, being friendly, being happy, and being approachable are "weak" traits now? F*ck of you dipsh!t. Just because you're a phaggot no-one likes doesn't mean you have to put thoughts into naive peoples heads that if you want to be "alpha" you have to be 50% or more a$$hole. What IS weak is when you talk to someone, they disrespect you or show you no respect, but you continue to show them respect and talk to them. THAT is weak. You are part of what is wrong with this world, guys think they have to act like tough d!ckheads all the time to be a man, when really they are putting up a fake front, which is WEAK. YOU ARE WEAK.
100% correct.