Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beta Male Friends

How should we deal with beta friends?

• Abandon them. They are deadweight and they are not worth wasting our time with.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Keep them at arms distance and spend time with them once in a while... Couple times a year maybe.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • See them frequently. Loyal friends are rare and ignore their betaness.

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with your beta friends that don't approach/are married/are in a relationship with the first girl that settled for them? I have a group of friends from HS and we have known each other forever, but damn, these kids are beta. They probably have never approached in their life, and when they saw me approaching chicks they were all like "wtf, come on bro chill." They were even trying to give me advice on how to approach (lol). Just don't know what to do with these kids. Probably just see them once in a while I guess is the right move.

I struggle with finding a good social circle these days, most guys are just counterproductive towards me pursuing my DJ goals.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A true Alpha would let his Beta friends have his leftovers.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I struggle with finding a good social circle these days, most guys are just counterproductive towards me pursuing my DJ goals.
Tell me about it not even bothered if they are BETA or not if they could just hold a decent level of conversation in a set that would be something , it's SO hard to find a good wingman that either doesn't get in the way or just completely f@cks a set up by saying something stupid and irrelevant

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men are beta males. If you're interacting with other men, it would be difficult to interact solely with alpha or sigma (more introverted type, resembling the alpha) males.

Not all betas are equally bad. Some betas can keep girlfriends and some can marry. Other betas have immense struggles. Betas look normal, so they aren't the total losers that omega males are.

Somewhere between ages 25-35 in a man's life, a lot of his social circle will get married. A guy in his 30s is likely to have married friends and acquaintances if he isn't a complete social outcast. If your existing friends are beta males, I don't think it is worth cutting them out of your life. However, if you want to make new male friends, look for alpha or sigma males. Ignore their outlooks in general towards romantic relationships and the sexual marketplace.

Beta guys in LTRs or marriages are not great wingmen at night, though the pandemic has diminished night game. Many years ago, when a close friend was engaged, he did a poor job winging for me one night. This is a guy who met his current wife 11 years ago while in college via social circle and retained his college girlfriend all these years, putting a ring on it eventually.

Reactions: BMX

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I put in a good word for my buddy one time, then after a month, maybe 5 dates, he showed up in front of her house with a ring and proposed to her when she opened the door as the taxi was idling behind him. She said no, then he demanded all the money he had spent on her dating, back and her dad ended up having to chase him off her porch.

That kind of beta male I want nothing to do with, God that kid messed my Rep up with that, never again.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
How do you guys deal with your beta friends that don't approach/are married/are in a relationship with the first girl that settled for them?
Having a successful marrage isn't beta (see how long you can make it last). Beta's can't do it. It always blow up in their faces. She gets sick of his beta-ness and leaves him or cheats on him. Only a guy on his game can make one work. Being Alpha is the only real way a marriage or LTR can survive.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's quite simple. If they are good friends, you keep them, you don't try to convince them why they are wrong and you are right about red pill or about how the way things are, and when THEY try to offer YOU advice or criticize you about your actions, you draw a boundary with them to let them know that's not something you are willing to accept from them. Something along the lines of, "Hey, you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not doing anything wrong in my eyes, I didn't ask for you advice or opinion on what I do in this regard, and I don't offer you unsolicited advice or criticism about your life, marriage or relationships, so I would appreciate if you would give me the same courtesy." If they can't handle that and choose to push back or keep criticizing you, then they aren't your friends because they have crossed your clearly communicated boundary so you leave them behind.

It's funny, I know that a handful of people in my close-knit friend-group vent about me behind my back, specifically about the fact that I'm 45 and date women of all ages including early 20's. It isn't mean-spirited and we all kind of vent to each other about some of the things that annoy us about one another, and we all know exactly what kind of things we all say about one another. It doesn't bother me and they NEVER say it to my face, not because I'm an a-hole and would read them the riot act for saying something, but because they likely know I'd politely tell them what I outlined above and that I'd also tell them I don't really care if they approve of what I do with other people that has nothing to do with them and doesn't affect them in any way.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I put in a good word for my buddy one time, then after a month, maybe 5 dates, he showed up in front of her house with a ring and proposed to her when she opened the door as the taxi was idling behind him. She said no, then he demanded all the money he had spent on her dating, back and her dad ended up having to chase him off her porch.

That kind of beta male I want nothing to do with, God that kid messed my Rep up with that, never again.
Lol at the dad chasing him off the porch like a racoon.

thum damn betas get everywhere.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphas can bring as many problems if not more than betas.

I have a “friend” who is fine but he is a complete womaniser and has done it to 2 of his friends behind their back with their girl.

I’ve known the dude a long time and don’t want to totally lose him, but the bad thing is he is very, very good looking. Every woman immediately likes him, and I have no way of really competing with it.

this may sound beta but I will never let my wife mix with him and just brush off his company now I’m married.

For 20 years I saw Every girl who met him fall for him, and he seems to have a penchant for other men’s women.

I know he feels deep regret over the past but I don’t think he can help himself. He cheated on his pregnant wife too.

I have beta friends who would never be these issues.

I find with “alphas” if they try to Mack me in front of my woman it goes straight to blows. I’ve had fights over it and I do not play games with them. Im not sure if I’m alpha or beta or what but as soon as I pick up on this shyt I will offer them out, immediately. It’s not because I fear them in general, it’s because it’s low and disrespectful to try.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My best friend is basically an incel. My other two good friends are married, lowT betas. I don’t think it has harmed me.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphas can bring as many problems if not more than betas.

I have a “friend” who is fine but he is a complete womaniser and has done it to 2 of his friends behind their back with their girl.

I’ve known the dude a long time and don’t want to totally lose him, but the bad thing is he is very, very good looking. Every woman immediately likes him, and I have no way of really competing with it.

this may sound beta but I will never let my wife mix with him and just brush off his company now I’m married.

For 20 years I saw Every girl who met him fall for him, and he seems to have a penchant for other men’s women.

I know he feels deep regret over the past but I don’t think he can help himself. He cheated on his pregnant wife too.

I have beta friends who would never be these issues.

I find with “alphas” if they try to Mack me in front of my woman it goes straight to blows. I’ve had fights over it and I do not play games with them. Im not sure if I’m alpha or beta or what but as soon as I pick up on this shyt I will offer them out, immediately. It’s not because I fear them in general, it’s because it’s low and disrespectful to try.
I have a similar friend, who was good company to go out with every now and then, but can't be trusted around women. History of constantly cheating with women, which he always apparently regrets, but continues to do it.

Decent looking, but extremely charismatic and quick witted with humour - a lot of women gravitate towards him. Annoying thing with his would be he'd be decent company one on one, but the moment theres an audience he'd start making remarks to people, almost as if trying to assert his dominance in the group.

Like yourself, moved away from him more once I was married. Had 1 night out a few years back and my now ex wife mentioned he was flirting with her, pushing it a little bit when I wasn;t around.

TBH since divorce, I've had a few drinks with him on occassions and find we see the world differently anyway - he's almost pro feminist type things, left wing ideals, so I don;t feel to much of a loss minimizing time spent with him.

I'm same as you, find it really disrespectful, would never do that stuff to other friends.

To answer original question, I wouldn't get rid of people because they're alpha or beta, more interested in their behaviour, character. You get good/bad, sound/idiots on both sides of spectrum. Same as I don;t discriminate on whether someone is rich/poor. Certain situations I may be more likely to do certain things with certain people, like nights out I wouldn;t go out with someone who likes getting into punchups, or introduce certain people to my business dealings. But they could be alpha or beta.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A true friend is hard to find. I couldn't care less what his DJ status is.
That is true. However, if they are bringing you down, it's worth cutting them loose. Friends are supposed to enhance your life, not make it worse. I also agree with Serenity that there is a big difference between guys who are merely bad with women and SJW scum. The latter are toxic and should be cut off from your life immediately.

Reactions: B80