Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

best wrestler in the last 20 years

Whos the best?

• The Rock

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • HBK

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Bret Hart

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Macho Man Randy Savage

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Andre The Giant

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Sting

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Rob van Damme

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • SuperFly Jimmy Sunka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets see what people think! Havnent much choices but these are from WWE , WCW and ECW.. Anybody i think should be here say it.

Of course the likes of

Owen Hart RIP
Rick Rude RIP
Ric Flair
Undertaker
John Cena
Edge
Chris Jericho
Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero RIP
Mr Perfect RIP
Jake The Snake Roberts
Ted Dibiase Million Dollar Man
Kurt Angle

So many others

Last edited:

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
....Cael Sanderson.

Oh- you meant fake wrestlers.

I guess it doesn't really matter, since none of them actually fight each other, but maybe the Undertaker?

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was only 10 options would have liked 2 have put some more in, Undertaker deserves recogniton of course and ric flair..

Dont start the old Fake thing, We all know what wrestling is.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
In WWE it has to be Brett Hart, I mean the dude is a legend. I have a hard time picking for UFC because I like both Matt Hughes and Jeremy Horn.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to go with Sting.

Nobody brought more excitement and intensity to the ring than the man called Sting.

He had some of the greatest fueds in wrestling history with men of the likes of Big Van Vader, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan.

A master of reading crowd reaction, Sting carried WCW on his back for a decade.

Not only that but he created 2 entirely separate characters that were equally successful-- the blonde "California surfer" and the dark 'crow' figure.

Most of the time he had creative control of his characters, so he actually was responsible for their success, NOT WCW creative management.

Second place would have to go to Hogan. Very successful as a face and a heel and made wrestling mainstream. Had tons of charisma.

The Rock had excellent mic work and basically made it an art form. A very good run, but now he's retired.

Bret Hart is great, but after watching his DVD, I feel that his myth exceeds his ability. He was a great wrestler, but only marginal on the mic, and lots of his matches were repetitive and boring.

Ric Flair-- I think he did a lot for up and coming talent such as Sting, but ultimately he was just average. Funny to laugh at, but way past his prime and he should have faded out early on when the NWA was bought by Ted Turner.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
I have to go with Sting.

Nobody brought more excitement and intensity to the ring than the man called Sting.

He had some of the greatest fueds in wrestling history with men of the likes of Big Van Vader, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan.

Sting was the fvcking ****. When i was in the 6th grade he was my favorite wrestler.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've given my vote to RVD, but that's for the hardcore ECW Rob Van Dam, not the toned down WWE version.

However, AJ Styles (TNA) is probably the best I've ever seen in terms of ring skills! Wow!

I'm generally not a fan of the current WWE - wrestling has really taken a backseat and even the wrestler's abilities are too restricted by management.

(In case you can't tell I admit wrestling is one of my secret passions. :))

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO the best pure (pro) wrestler, in terms of ability, watchabilty, and willingness to lay it all down was Tom Billington. You may remember him as the Dynamite Kid, one half of the British Bulldogs. He combined hyper-speed with daring arial tactics (and is now in a wheelchair from his years of bumping in the ring). His snap-suplex was mind-boggling.
Ricky Steamboat ranks a close second in my book. How many A+++ matches was he in? A million? A damn shame that after winning the IC title from the Macho Man in a match of brilliance, he loses it 3 months later to the Honky Tonk Man (one of the worst wrestlers to ever work).

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
How can you call any of those guys "the best", if there really isnt any actual comparison of skill?
Who is the strongest, most athletic, daring, technical, physically fit; who has the strongest character, can endure the most bumps, can tell the story/follow a script in a convincing way and carry off a match without messing up.

Wrestling is scripted, but the athleticism is certainly not fake. It's probably more demanding than any "real" sport.

DonSonnySagliani

Don Juan
Reaction score
John Cena is my favorite, actually all of them are good except 4 a gay named Randy Orton. I hate that guy!

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Randy Couture
Matt Hughes
Mark Kerr
Dan Severn
Matt Lindland
Dan Henderson
Don Frye
Josh Koscheck

I just posted here without realizing this was a WWE poll. My list is based on Collegiate, Olympic, and Mixed Martial Arts competition.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fake wrestling sucks.

I will only watch it when I want to laugh.

instead I watch UFC.

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kurt Angle, definitely. He's an awesome performer both in the ring and on the mic. It's a shame that his body is breaking down.