Best Workout For Me

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11", 197 lbs. I've got broad shoulders but I'm stocky with most of my flab centering around my stomach, flanks, and ass. I want to lose flab, tone my body, and keep the muscle I have so I get a better "V" shape from my shoulders to my waist.

Currently, I've been at least running or biking every day and lifting three or four days a week. I've cut soda and fast food out of my diet completely and have been trying to go light on the starches. (Potatoes, white rice, etc.)

What do you guys suggest I do to maximize efficiency in my routine? I'm not taking any supplements.

Also, is running the best cardio/aerobic exercise I can do? And should I go for distance or speed?

I don't know if I can include a picture, but I'll go ahead and post one if that will help anybody to help me.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, all this has already been discussed, search the forum and you'll find your answers.

Cardio 6-7 a week and lifting 3 times is more or less what you should be doing, which you are.

You can find the specifics if you search some..

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've searched some, but I'm having trouble finding specifics. If there are posts centered on these exact questions could you post links to them for me?

Or maybe just answer a few of them instead? Wouldn't take you more than ten minutes if you know your stuff.

Thanks.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, don't expect it to be spoon fed to you.

Do a little work, maybe then you won't be such a lazy fat ass.

Here's an easy tip that will give you your answers.

Go read every post that could possibly look like it's about "fat loss" "cardiO" or "six packs" in the like 5 or so pages of the most current posts. I guarantee you'll see info that's been posted several times already.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basics for a lean phenotype and bodyfat control:

- 1.5-2g protein per lb bodyweight.
- Carb cutoff 3-4 hours before bed, but this depends on you, if you play football 2 hours before bed say you're not gonna need a carb cutoff because you need carbs for the footy; plus there's not much danger of your glycogen stores overflowing into adipose because of the football.
- If you're sensitive to food mixing, keeping meals protein/fat or protein/carb. That is to say, protein in every meal, but don't include a large amount of fat (about 12-15 is fine but again this isn't absolute) with a meal which includes a lot of carbohydrates (and vice versa).
- You might want to avoid large amounts of fat after your carb cutoff too. A little olive oil on your salad should be fine but it depends on you.
- Take your EFAs (fish oil is imo the best especially if you're looking to lose bodyfat)
- Drink green tea as a metabolism booster.
- Stay well hydrated, 1.5-2gallons of water every day.
- Eat lean protein (tuna, chicken, lean steak) after your carb cutoff as well.
- Avoid dairy food if you're lactose intolerant, even if you aren't dairy is just a lot of milk sugars and fat, so keep it to a minimum.
- Low intensity cardio on an empty stomach for 30-45 minutes a time will ensure you lose fat and keep your muscle mass. If you lose muscle this way and are eating well (1.5g protein minimum and haven't cut calories too much) then you don't really need the cardio, your metabolism should keep you lean.. you've just abused it too much and got fat.

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thankyou VERY MUCH, Warboss. This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for.

Semag, thanks for the tips on what to search for (and I will be running those searches as soon as I finish writing this) but don't call me a "lazy fat ass". These questions were based on streamlining my routine to make it more effective and only constructive criticism is appreciated. Thankyou.