Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best time for protein

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whens the best time to take protein shakes?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to spend as little as possible at the moment, so should I take them the day of a workout, or on the following rest day?

Which would do most benefit?

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should takem everyday because your body is constantly rebuilding its muscles if you lift heavy. I would say one in the morning when you wake up and one after your workout if you workout that day.

Halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is my understanding that 30-60 minutes after workout is an ideal time. Of course, it's true that you need a certain amount every day. Having sufficient protein in your diet keeps a positive nitrogen balance which is necessary for an anabolic (tissue building) state.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggested Schedule:

Take whey when...

Morning.
Before workout.
Between long sets.
Post workout.
Night.
Right before you go to bed.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Testosterone.net published a study that says whey 30-45 min before a workout causes much more hormones to be made while you lift, whereas if you don't eat it, you make hardly any. Your body will be breaking that protein down as soon as you finish your workout.

You also want some as soon as you can after a workout to replenish. Everyother time is up to you. Anything other than a pre-bed shake is kind of overkill.