Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best text to setup a second date with this girl?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Background: she is a colleague from another department. She got my number via a mutual female colleague. It's been about two months and we went out on a date recently. She Always takes two steps forward one step back, as in, she'll put up a little road block or availability issue when I ask her out the first time, but she comes right back forward the next time, especially if I pull away by not texting her for a couple weeks, etc. After our first date she texted me about 30 minutes later saying she had a great time, etc. I suggested that she cook us dinner at her place next time. She agreed.

I went to ask her if she had anything good to eat for dinner for us about 4 days later, and she said not yet. Note she said not YET...

So I joke about what I'm going to do with her since she hasn't done that yet and she comes back with how she has been busy (my line I always give her) because she is starting to exercise and take English classes. So I tell her I can help her get a workout (wink wink) and I'll teach her English if she teaches me her language, but yet telling her at in the same text that maybe she is right (as in maybe she is too busy), so as to take myself away if she doesn't bite at the options I presented her. She comes back with laughter (this was via text) and asks about the details of the exercise and I tell her I'll have to setup a time to short her. We ran into each other at the office since this exchange, strong eye contact, a little flirting, but low key since people were around us.

So I'm about to ask her out again and these are some of the options for a text I'm thinking of sending her:

A) Text her the unexpected: since she is expecting me to ask her out again, ask her what kind of music she likes or if she likes to dance. Then after that exchange ask her out. Be unpredictable.

B) Text her asking what her schedule is like. Then suggest watching a movie together X day. Asking what her schedule is like worked well for our first date. We had tried to meet up a couple times and schedules didn't match. After a few weeks went by and I contacted her again (after she came and talked to me at the office to show interest still) I asked her out this way, asking what her schedule was like and she told me she was doing X with her family on one day, and Y on another, but that she was free to hang out Saturday if we wanted to do something...so I set something up for that Saturday.

C) Tell her to clear her schedule Saturday. When she asks why, tell her it's a surprise... (I'm going to her place though). It's a little bit dominant but also mysterious.

D) Joke about going to Vegas together, then scale back to just hanging out and watching a movie at her place together. This escalates two steps forward after our first date by suggesting a trip out of town, yet scaling it back after by saying maybe we should just stay in and watch a movie. A little change of direction.

E) ?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F) I have a surprise for her. Naturally she will wonder what it is. I'll tell her Saturday we should me up so she can find out, etc.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Don't date co-workers.
2) See rule # 1

If you do not follow my suggestions and want to proceed, no gifts or surprises. Very simple text. Hey, I enjoyed our time last on so and so, and I'd love to see you again. When are you free?

Simple and sweet.

rayv12

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have dated colleagues in the past and it is not really the best thing to do. If it turns out bad and the girl is nuts then you are probably done working over there. If she seems pretty stable and cool about when things go bad. Make a choice.

and for the text don't think much, "lets hang out time/date/location." if the girl is interested she will definitely say yes. if not reschedule don't sweat.

Keep your ego aside and have fun.

chuck001

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should always go out for drinks on dates. If she waited 2 months to go on a date with you after getting your number, her attraction is not high.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) See rule # 1

If you do not follow my suggestions and want to proceed, no gifts or surprises. Very simple text. Hey, I enjoyed our time last on so and so, and I'd love to see you again. When are you free?

Simple and sweet.
This

Except I’d reword the text. “Hey, I enjoyed our time last on so and so. There’s this cool bar I wanted to try called ‘bar name’. Let’s check it out. I’m free Wednesday after work, would this work for you too?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) See rule # 1

Simple and sweet.
I like this.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never mix work with fun. Too much texting, too much innuendo without getting to the point. Just ask her out again. Chicks really dislike men that fiddle around. Ask her out, if she won't make time for you, then just move on... too many chicks in the world to waste time on a woman that is game playing or who really isn't interested in seeing you.

Have a specific time/place/activity planned and invite her along. If she wants to see you and can make it, she will meet you. If not, then you just move on to the next one.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this.
On second thought, considering we've already talked since the first date about dinner, flirted about exercising together

This might be a little out of context. I'll modify a little bit. Maybe drop the I had a good time part?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should always go out for drinks on dates. If she waited 2 months to go on a date with you after getting your number, her attraction is not high.
Long story but I was on vacation and I didn't text her for a while. Then schedules didn't mesh. She ended up engaging me again after I backed off for a while.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't really drink much. That was what I had setup for a first date. Ended up going bowling. Last we talked minutes after the date she agreed to cook us dinner.

Perhaps inviting her out for a drink is the perfect one step back after taking two steps forward?

A

AJ84

She doesn't really drink much. That was what I had setup for a first date. Ended up going bowling. Last we talked minutes after the date she agreed to cook us dinner.

Perhaps inviting her out for a drink is the perfect one step back after taking two steps forward?
I think R.U.G’s advice is good.

chuck001

Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah, just take her out for something simple.