"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Best hobbies for 2020

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
Vintage machine restoration, woodworking, metalworking.

There's no feeling in the world like bringing a trashed vintage item back to life.
I’ve done that before. Woodworking. Have a pretty baller kitchen table because of it lol
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
I’m kinda tossed up between rock climbing and muay thai kickboxing. When I consider the rock climbing, I can go meet women while doing it, softer environment, but still physically active. Muay Thai you’re going to be hanging out with dudes that are leaders, masculine, and have high smv. When I think of the options in my head, I want to go for the rock climbing because it seems like the easier choice lol. But the expression is: surround yourself with people whom you want to be like. So I think I just made my choice.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
What about guns and fishing? That will attract the ladies!
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Any martial art is good
Adult sport leagues
Rock climbing
Travel
Learn a new language
Start volunteering for something your passionate about

If you have property, remodel something
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Gent's, exercises can't be considered an hobby, it's something that a man must do, like eating or shiet-ing.

Try to do something other then those you do by default everyweek.
 

Papa_smu

Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
182
Reaction score
112
Location
Columbus, Ohio
I've been volunteering my time with the community to help them get jobs in software development. It's okay. Technically not a hobby.
 

synecdoche

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
81
I’m kinda tossed up between rock climbing and muay thai kickboxing. When I consider the rock climbing, I can go meet women while doing it, softer environment, but still physically active. Muay Thai you’re going to be hanging out with dudes that are leaders, masculine, and have high smv. When I think of the options in my head, I want to go for the rock climbing because it seems like the easier choice lol. But the expression is: surround yourself with people whom you want to be like. So I think I just made my choice.
Do both, if you are starting out with rock climbing your tendons will need time to recover. You can't go hard on rock climbing 3 times a week when you are new. Go two times a week and follow a Muay Thai class on another day.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2018
Messages
263
Reaction score
190
Age
48
The dog, Muay Thai, lifting, running, I doing a course in press-work (monolith, etching, lithography) and visit museums every other week. Also a bit of home brewing/wine making every now and again. In case of any spare time I read books. I've been thinking about going to the theater a bit more, that be nice.
 

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
About the hobbies, why are many women turned off by guns?
 

xplt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
519
Reaction score
471
guitar & base guitar
Ving Tsun
mountainbiking
hiking
IT security
landscape photography
reading & educating
computer games

damn, i got not enough time
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
Do both, if you are starting out with rock climbing your tendons will need time to recover. You can't go hard on rock climbing 3 times a week when you are new. Go two times a week and follow a Muay Thai class on another day.
I already do weight lifting plus work a lot. So I’ll start with the Muay Thai and if my schedule can make sense then I’ll jump into the rock climbing as well. I’d also like to have a once a week class in something that’s not fitness related. Lol.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top