S
SpecOps
Guest
I have known my best friend for about 14 years now. We've gone through the absolute best and the very worse, and our friendship has survived and grown through all of it. We've done and experienced so many things together that he was like the brother I never had..hell I even loved him like a brother. There was nothing I wouldn't do for him, and that's why I'm here, because I haven't given up yet.
He's known this girl for a couple of years and has been good friends with her, but secretly liked her..even while she went out with his good friend. They eventually broke up, and he and her got together. That's when everything went downhill.
I hate to say it, but he's the biggest AFC I have ever seen or heard about. I've taught him a few things, and he's made a lot of progress, but with her he is absolutely hopeless. She lives at least an hour away and he drives out there regularly...about twice a week and whatever weekends he can. They cannot have a conversation without 5 minutes of him saying how much he loves her. What's surprising and makes her the cold hearted ***** of the century is she says it back. I've tried to instill in him that actions speak louder than words, but he's so blind and she's brainwashed him enough to not matter.
For instance, while at church camp she made out with his other good friend and left him to find out from him about it. When he confronted her about him, she explained to him how it was "motherly approved"...yeah, motherly approved bullshyte. It gets worse however..while with him she's gone to a prom with another guy, and admittedly made out with him. She also went on a date with another guy from church because he "asked her dad if it was ok and she felt sorry for him". It even gets worse...if he and her were ever "going to get married", he'd have to get baptized a Mormon, and he did, only to get dumped by her a week later for some other guy only to get back together 3 weeks later.
And the finale, he's now in the delayed entry program for the army and has signed up to be a ranger to impress her. And during all this she has played little innocent princess while taunting me how much she can control him. It pisses me off like no other and disgusts me at the same time. He's never even gone further than making out with her. I confronted him and explained all this to him and made him choose one of us...and after reading all this I'm sure you can imagine who he picked. So this is the reason for my post, I haven't given up on him, but I am completely out of ideas on what to do. He goes to bootcamp august 17th. Comments? Opinions? Suggestions?
He's known this girl for a couple of years and has been good friends with her, but secretly liked her..even while she went out with his good friend. They eventually broke up, and he and her got together. That's when everything went downhill.
I hate to say it, but he's the biggest AFC I have ever seen or heard about. I've taught him a few things, and he's made a lot of progress, but with her he is absolutely hopeless. She lives at least an hour away and he drives out there regularly...about twice a week and whatever weekends he can. They cannot have a conversation without 5 minutes of him saying how much he loves her. What's surprising and makes her the cold hearted ***** of the century is she says it back. I've tried to instill in him that actions speak louder than words, but he's so blind and she's brainwashed him enough to not matter.
For instance, while at church camp she made out with his other good friend and left him to find out from him about it. When he confronted her about him, she explained to him how it was "motherly approved"...yeah, motherly approved bullshyte. It gets worse however..while with him she's gone to a prom with another guy, and admittedly made out with him. She also went on a date with another guy from church because he "asked her dad if it was ok and she felt sorry for him". It even gets worse...if he and her were ever "going to get married", he'd have to get baptized a Mormon, and he did, only to get dumped by her a week later for some other guy only to get back together 3 weeks later.
And the finale, he's now in the delayed entry program for the army and has signed up to be a ranger to impress her. And during all this she has played little innocent princess while taunting me how much she can control him. It pisses me off like no other and disgusts me at the same time. He's never even gone further than making out with her. I confronted him and explained all this to him and made him choose one of us...and after reading all this I'm sure you can imagine who he picked. So this is the reason for my post, I haven't given up on him, but I am completely out of ideas on what to do. He goes to bootcamp august 17th. Comments? Opinions? Suggestions?