Benefits of Moving out?

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking to move out in the next couple months with a buddy, place all lined up and everything. I was wondering how your life changed after moving out and having your own place? I'm 23, most people my age around here still live with their parents but of course that number diminishes as time goes on. I'd say maybe 1/3 have moved out and are on their own.

Anyways, do people respect you more saying you got your own place instead of bein like "oh I live with my parents?" Did you have a lot more opportunities to hang out with people because you could actually have people over? Any thoughts, experiences, or advice is welcome.

pingpongz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved out at 18 and highly recommend it.. i shagged 1 girl in my parents house... ive shagged 16 in my own apartment :up:

William Vass

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny how in movies the stereotypical "loser" is the unemployed skinny (or overweight) computer nerd who lives in their parents basement.
While a lot of us can talk up a big game and show indicators of high value, a lot of it is hard to fake and having a place of your own shows a woman a LOT of things that can't be faked:
Income
Living on your own can be quite expensive (about $2,000/month + in rent/food/entertainment/expenses) so you have a job that makes enough for you to live on already at that age.
Ambition
You decided it was time to get off your mothers teet and start living your way, under your own rules and take control of your life.
Independence
You can cook, clean, do your own laundry, pay the bills, take out the garbage etc etc.. while at home you may do the same things but girls can assume your parents do it for you. These are basic survival skills that women are concerned about so they don't end up getting pregnant by a lazy low life.

so yea.. I think it would improve any guys game. I don't have a place of my own yet and I'm 24, but moving in hopefully 3 weeks.. renting out a room in my friends house and I can't take any girls there as I have hardly any privacy.

yngad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved out a few months ago and its worth it. Just make sure you have your financials lined up just in case something happens (eg. Losing your job).

It goes beyond just being able to tell people you live on your own. It's knowing you can take care of yourself. Lots more responsabilities but more fun. I moved to a place closer to DT so taxi rides are cheaper to get home and friends have no problems coming over to hang out or crash if they need it. It's part of growing up ...

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved out at the same age (well, actually kind of pushed out) and i found it to be much better in many ways but i have shared with others ever since which has had it's ups and downs but i am finally moving into an apartment by myself this weekend. I can walk around naked if i like. :D :D