Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Benefiting from low oil/gas prices

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All the talk on the business news stations is that oil and gas might get considerably lower.
Worldwide demand has to pick up at some point - people keep cranking out more people. Those people want to drive cars, use plastics, etc.
Fully replacing non-renewable fossil fuels with renewables is going to take a while... and I think that timeframe will stretch out even further - I think $150/barrel oil and $4.50 a gallon gas gave alternatives urgency that has greatly diminished.
I think oil and gas are due for at least one more big run-up. So how does one profit from that?
Dividend paying oil-company stocks? Energy ETFs?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about this myself. I think oil is going to come back with a vengeance once the economies recover. Oil is NOT going to stay at $40/barrel forever. I don't know much about investing in oil myself.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to the 60 minutes special last night on oil, barrels have to sell at 55 dollars to cover the cost of the country(Saudi Arabia). Eventually if the prices continue at what they are now, they will eventually spike back higher than they normally should be.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its getting cheap now. $55 to fill up my tank now and lasts for two weeks.