Being Too Sarcastic?

jadeona13

Don Juan
Reaction score
So lately..well actually for a while now..i've heard many girls say that i am too sarcastic. I wasnt really sure what they meant by this because i never try to act sarcastic or pretending to be something im not. I just like to kid around.

For instance, i was at a womens softball game and my friend(girl) says 'Oh nice hat, but not really'' I knew she was joking..she was on bench the whole game and i said ..''oh nice play you made out there. haha'' ...

i got a couple of laughs from other women and she and i even giggled. I felt like i went overboard and even said ''Im just kidding''..

However, before and after the comment I made..she said to me.."I hate you. No seriously, i HATE you. Not just an 'oh haha ur i hate u' sort of way but a real HATE for you''.

i had no response to this. I felt lousy, but didnt show it.

Then afterwards she says again. "I hate you. Everything you say is so sarcastic and i hate it.''

Ive heard the same line from MANY girls before too. "Ohh you're too sarcastic and/or rude and/or mean''

I am only joking around, and everyone knows me as a fun, joking person. And i only say 'sarcastic' comments when they say something sarcastic to me
I am only trying to have fun..

What am i doing wrong? Not every girl says this, but most do.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you're trying to do C&F then you are doing it wrong. I mean you're kinda making fun of them. If you do it too much you'll push them away. You need to find a balance and only do it in appropriate situations. Also, they NEED TO KNOW you are joking. You should not have to say "I'm kidding." You probably don't come off as joking and the girls take it the wrong way. Finally, are these girls hot? Usually the ugly ones are insecure and don't like being "made fun of."

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you're making jokes at other people's expense. That's arrogance and translated as being a smart4ss.

Your jokes shouldn't be putting people down. Do you think you're better than everyone? If not, learn a new way to joke around. Use your inner confidence and start becoming humorous. What you're doing is totally relying on someone else to make you look bigger and better. That's not DJ at all.

Good luck, Bro.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ that's it.

Too much C&F / sarcarsm is too much pushing and not enough pulling. Mix your playful sarcasm with genuine compliments (when they deserve those, obviously). Be generic with your sarcasm and be specific with your compliments.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
^^ that's it.

Too much C&F / sarcarsm is too much pushing and not enough pulling. Mix your playful sarcasm with genuine compliments (when they deserve those, obviously). Be generic with your sarcasm and be specific with your compliments.
I'll say it again, you can't have c/f without funny. I'm beginning to believe that guys are just fooling themselves thinking that they're funny when they're not.