Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being tall isn't always good

Pete_C

Banned
Reaction score
It is proven fact that people who are overly tall (over 6 foot) will have more health problems in later years. I've personally never seen older guys who are over 6 foot, in good shape live to be over 60 years old. I'm 5'9, very happy with my height. To those guys who are under 6 foot, you should be lucky, at least you won't be limping and miserable when you get older.

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandfather was 6.2" and lived until he was 82, my other, shorter grandfather lived until 73.

So according to my "study" shorter people have health problems...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being under 6 1/2 feet generally is well within the normal range of human height. If you're getting into the upper 6 foot range or into the 7 foot plus, range, you will begin to see a greater range of physical ailments (typcially cardio-vascular and skeletal), and shorter lifespans. Wilt Chaimberlin at 7'1", died at only age 63 (no real history of drug use or life threatening STDs or unhealthy lifestyle, either), and most of the world's tallest people listed in the Guiness Book of Records have died before reaching 70 years of age. Having said that, there are always exceptions. Shaq will probably live to see past 70, though that depends on if he keeps in shape (he's a fat-ass). Yao Ming, even at 7'5", is remarkably robust and lean, without many joint problems or heart conditions. I can see him live into his 80s. Hakeen Olajuwon won't live that long, as he has a history of heart irregularities.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pete_C
It is proven fact that people who are overly tall (over 6 foot) will have more health problems in later years. I've personally never seen older guys who are over 6 foot, in good shape live to be over 60 years old. I'm 5'9, very happy with my height. To those guys who are under 6 foot, you should be lucky, at least you won't be limping and miserable when you get older.
Where in the fuck do you live and what kind of bullshit is that?

Proven Fact? Show me the fact! I understand you're short so you need to compensate for it in some way or another, but don't spout stupid BS like this under Health and Fitness, your rants should go under Anything Else.

First of all, over 6' is not "overly tall." The avg. height for an American is 5'9 (making half of all men taller than you), the standard deviation is 4 inches. Making over 30% of people taller than 6', at 30% you're not statistically significant. So thats crap.

Secondly, as for the people you know, you either have selective memory, haven't been around too long, or live in the fucking swamps or something. My grandpa is 6'1, 85, and in great shape. Granted, he was an Olympic wrestler, but he could still kick your ass. Furthermore, where in the hell do you even get people over 6 are automatically more prone to limping and health defects? And don't live to 60? You are a moron.

Do you even know what you're talking about? I wouldn't have given a shit if you would have posted this under Anything Else, where all bullshit must go, but if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, don't post it under Health & Fitness. And retitle this thread: "For short guys who need a false ego-booster."

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being tall isn't going to shorten anyone's lifespan. If anything tall people usually have bad knees later on in life. More so than with shoter people. I'm sure we've all seen examples of this.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it is true that giants (7ft+) have a history of dying young, but otherwise I haven't come across this evidence. I actually thought being tall was a sign of good genes. If you notice, the average height is much higher now than in past decades and the average life span is much longer too.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read in this board. It makes no sense whatsoever.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
me and Im 6 muthafuccin 3 :D

Nah but seriously I think its bull**** to say "overly tall people" (over 6 foot...) will have mad helth issues and die early...Maybe thats right to some degree when it comes to really tall people, tho..I dunno...but for example I heared John Kerry was 6'3 and hes 60 and doesnt look like hes about to die. Besides Ive seen other people who are over 6 foot and way over 60, plus being over 6 foot tall is really tall for somebody born 60+ years ago but today its not really that tall anymore...so actually u would have to think that peoples life spans are gonna be shorter in future because they get taller.....

On the other hand I think somebody should mention that being tall usually is an advantage when it comes to women, but its not like ure gonna get all the women just for being a couple of inches taller than somebody else. Most chicks will rather go for a good looking guy whos 5'9 than for an average looking guy whos 6'3

Spoiled3289

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two of my brothers are over 6 foot tall (about 6'4) but they're only 18 and 26 right now so I'll have to see how they do in the future.

Troubles

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 6'3.
IMO....
The taller you are, the more cell that contains in your body, therefore the possibility of geting cancer....etc is higher.
Cancer is mutation of cells....the more cell you have, higher probabilities you've get cancer...As simple as that

Your heart needed to be stronger to pump blood to all the other part of the body...If you are taller...

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madgame
Most chicks will rather go for a good looking guy whos 5'9 than for an average looking guy whos 6'3
Speaking from experice madgame? :p

Originally posted by Troubles
I am 6'3.
IMO....
The taller you are, the more cell that contains in your body, therefore the possibility of geting cancer....etc is higher.
Cancer is mutation of cells....the more cell you have, higher probabilities you've get cancer...As simple as that

Your heart needed to be stronger to pump blood to all the other part of the body...If you are taller...
:rolleyes:

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since everyone is screaming it: I'm 6'2"

Originally posted by Troubles
I am 6'3.
IMO....

Exposure to radiation, contamination of water, air-content of surrounding environment, exposure to sunlight, all of these are FAR more accurate indicators of the probability of getting cancer than height. Maybe your theory made sense in the caveman days, but today you will not find a correlation between height and cancer.

As for your heart being stronger, that is not dependent upon height. There are skinny guys who are 6'4" and do not need to pump a lot of blood. People living at higher altitudes have stronger hearts and lungs than people at lower altitudes, heart strength is dependent upon the amount of athletic work you do, not just height.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking from experice madgame?
No definetly not cause my whole package is decent :D I just meant to say that, you know, being tall (maybe unless youre "overly tall" or whateva) is an advantage when it comes to attracting girls, but its not like girls are chasing everybody whos over 6 foot like crazy even if they're ugly but are not even glancing at guys who are actually better looking but under 6ft. I think a lot of people on this board overestimate the importance of height in this game.

Troubles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Since everyone is screaming it: I'm 6'2"

Originally posted by MVPlaya
Exposure to radiation, contamination of water, air-content of surrounding environment, exposure to sunlight, all of these are FAR more accurate indicators of the probability of getting cancer than height. Maybe your theory made sense in the caveman days, but today you will not find a correlation between height and cancer.

As for your heart being stronger, that is not dependent upon height. There are skinny guys who are 6'4" and do not need to pump a lot of blood. People living at higher altitudes have stronger hearts and lungs than people at lower altitudes, heart strength is dependent upon the amount of athletic work you do, not just height.

Taller = larger body surface area, right ?
Larger body surface area = higher probabilities to exposure to anything, right ?
Well, thanks reminding me about exposure.:p

yes, your heart need to do more work when you are bigger/taller/fatter, right ?
It's kind of common sense.

Sorry, I meant for average person.
There is also some exceptions.... Like if you lived in Mars...You'll be taller due to lower gravity force....but the distance between the sun and Mars is further away than the Earth, the radiation is slightly less harmful...

When the hell am I on about ?

:confused:

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew an old man who was 6'7" and he lived to be 98 years old. Not only could he get around, he could still kick you ass too!

It does not matter how tall or short you are, if you stretch and workout you'll have a long and healthy life.:D

The only reason most of us tall guys don't make too long is because of all you jealous "shorties" out there who are giving us hell every minute of every day!:p