Being Suave (Smooth)

lynch1000s

Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth can be highly attributed to good verbal and non verbal communication skills.

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi ben

its me mark

i think we have talked about this in the past. it really interests me.

I'll just go over some of the things i think about it.

i think smooth is an overall feeling someone would get from you if you spoke to them for long period of time. Its proabably something they could say they 'thought' you were after just a short period of time.

I think smooth can be characterised by someone who acts cool, knows what to do and how, someone who makes another person feel comfortable around them.

As you see they are all non-created things....in other words, i would say they are the sum of all parts.

For instance. Being cool. What is that? Its the sum of all the parts (that end up being labelled cool).

To be cool i think someone should be a. indifferent to the outcome, b. not easily upset c. someone who rolls with things, d. someone who is relaxed no matter what, like someone who can joke about things or just brush them off without being affected or showing he is affected.

But being smooth is not as simple as being cool....you need to be cool AND something else AND something else.

The poster above, saying good verbl and non verbal skills....defidently....because if you didnt have them it would stop you from being smooth....so therefore i include them in my view)

Great.

Lots of little things go into making someone be smooth.

does anyone else want to put some more input in?

The guy doesnt need to here me go on about it on here.

One thing to the negative of being smooth is that i think if someone is too smooth....it may bore a younger girl, say below 28 years of age.

I do think a mix of being smooth with other things is great....variety is the spice of life.

Like the other night, do you remember me with that girl i brought along....

b4 you came i just took her hand without telling her and i lead her through the nightclub to the pool tables....and we played pool.....when you came i was telling her "that'll be 20 bucks....i dont give this sh!t away for free you know!"

so i think i was still being smooth.....but remember it was the overall feeling: that was my definition.

And then ofcourse i recovered the situation to a more normal thing for a time.

royal

Reaction score
where abouts are you guys in aussie?
im from Newcastle myself.. home to the cutest girls in NSW :D
i would think one of the fundamental aspects to being smooth would be a high level of self confidence to eliminate all traces of nervousness and desperation.

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
qld mate

having a blast.

yes...really when you get down to it, i think an elimaton of all the things that at a base level become a detriment to being smooth, is what ben is seeking.

Now that may sound weird first up, but re read it again, and again until you get it.

Because you can be smooth in so many ways.....

but there is one way to avoid being not-smooth....and that is to eliminate first all the things that inhibit it.

nervousness, twitches, quick movements, darting eyes, caring about what other people think.

Ok. Here is a bit of smoothness for you.

Last week. Took my mate out and the girl i am seeing.

We saw my ex gf walk by, and she said hi to me (last time she told me to f off) i said hi and introduced her to my gf i had with me, then went about my own business when everyone got chatting (i wont be seen talking to my ex too much with my gf around, if i wanted to talk to her at all)....ok, so then my ex and her friend get up on the platform to our side and start dancing away....

i am just standing back now and not even caring or looking like i care, just getting on with life, then a little later while those 2 show off's :0 are dancing, i am down on ground level in full sightlicking the salt from the tequila shot off my current gf's tits. And i never once looked at the other two girls. I spoke to them a bit later, and they didnt interest me much at all.

Thats smooth, and i didn't care what anyone thought, i didn't care about looking bad in frotn of my ex, or upsetting my new gf, or worrying if she thought something was going on. None of that, just confident and happy to be around my mate and the girl i was seeing who also had friends there

So its an appearance. To break it down, ben, and other guys (i hate using examples from my own life) just look at what i did....remained cool, calm collected and still functioned as a decent human being....oh yes, and i past a dificult moment in flying colours so to speak....

and the last thing,....i didnt go on about it like i am now. smooth remember.

Last edited:

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
separate issue.

Look. If you want to get confident or you want to get smooth.

Its all about eliminating the things that go against that state's opposite or non-similar states.

For example...confidence.

To get confidence you need to eliminate insecurities.

And whalah! you have a confident person.

Smooth is a harder one because its hard to define smooth. Its more of an ideal....

but we came up with some things right that smooth fits neatly with....so if you eliminated the things that stopped you from doing that, then you might be seen as being smooth.

but to even get that far, first you must know what smooth is, and that is hard to find out....so your first step began here ben.

Your next step is to eliminate the things that stop you from reaching that state.

And i think you would be much closer to that state.

Normally such a quest is useless because the issue here is so broad - smooth and all - ....but in the sense of an overall change within yourself, i think this will be for your better.

This is self improvment on a grand scale.

Thats to be commended.

So set out a list, mate, of goals short term and long term that fit in with how you want to end up, in each of the categories:being cool, being unaffected, and you will have to make lasting changes to yourself.

Thats my advice. Set your goals and and go for it. Try and reach them.

My favourite quote: On any quest, the journey is more rewarding than the destination.

And this is the best bit, for your case, this is indeed correct. 2 for the price of 1

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can probably write it slightly better than i can say it.

When i saw the thread i knew it was you.

come on people. give your views too. i doubt mine is correct as i have not tested it yet, only theorised.