being sensitive

nubian-knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
now im not one to ever talk lovey dovey or mushy and the balance of talk of that nature is my girlfriend is the lovey one and i show how i feel in a less girlish way although sometimes she preaches that i should be more loving

im not much of an athlete and haven't played sports since i was younger, not much interest but i do bust my ass in the gym and have a muscular look to me. im protective of my gf make sure she feels safe and she knows it, dominate in bed, etc

but the other day and couple other times my gf has busted my balls for not playing sports, in a teasing way saying more or less "what kind of guy doesnt play sports, thats girly"

i made the mistake of flipping out cuz everything about my personality is all man. i guess i took it too seriously but i flipped out cuz no ones ever questioned my masculinity and i guess she got the rise out of me she wanted.

she then said ur very masculine but ur sensitive in a secure way

i know its prolly a compliment but i always prided myself in being a manly man and these comments got to me. i even contemplated dumping her

am i being insane or should i lighten up? any tips when ur gf playfully jabs at ur masculinity?

DJCT

Don Juan
Reaction score
nubian-knight said:
but the other day and couple other times my gf has busted my balls for not playing sports, in a teasing way saying more or less "what kind of guy doesnt play sports, thats girly"

i made the mistake of flipping out cuz everything about my personality is all man. i guess i took it too seriously but i flipped out cuz no ones ever questioned my masculinity and i guess she got the rise out of me she wanted.
No need to flip out. Just agree with her. In fact tell her you've been thinking of painting your toenails.

Her getting a rise out of you proves you're not exactly the man you think you are. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself in such a knee-jerk way? Who cares what she says. If you feel like a man, that should be enough.

nubian-knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJCT said:
No need to flip out. Just agree with her. In fact tell her you've been thinking of painting your toenails.

Her getting a rise out of you proves you're not exactly the man you think you are. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself in such a knee-jerk way? Who cares what she says. If you feel like a man, that should be enough.

yea i know actually reacting to the bs was a mistake but i can't stand my girl even having the balls to imply im nothing but a dominant figure. but good advice man, ill brush it off next time n bust her balls