Being Prepared

mjh1589

Reaction score
So a girl I've been into for a long time got out of her relationship 3 months ago. As it turns out her ex dumped her, and erased her from his life. I know, ones man trash is another's treasure. But she was a cool girl and I did things differently then I normally would because of my long-term desire to go out with her.

We went out for about 4 dates, 3 hang outs, sex, met friends etc.. I mirrored her texting style, which I wish I didnt but it is what it is. Too much too soon but I guess I was blinded. Truly never thought I'd get a chance with this girl.

All of a sudden on a sunday her texting slowed down, even though our hang out 2 days prior, to me was our best hang out yet. I noticed this and scaled texting back as well. Knowing something was up I asked her if everything was ok. She's a workaholic so the optimist in me thought it could've been that. She responded with, paraphrasing cause i deleted it all " ive been really down, i thought i was ready for a new relationship but im not. its so embarrassing that im not over this. your so great blah blah blah i hope we can be friends blah blah.

shellshocked, i responded "i completely get it. bummed but i get it. these things take time. your a great girl. we had fun!."

i then sent another text saying " and yes id love to be friends, if your definition of friends includes casual sex..." (just playing it off like it wasnt the end of the world) followed by "kidding"

she just responded "haha i don't know" "may be hard, at least right now"

that was the end of it, i never texted back. That was two weeks ago. Ive moved on and really don't care about the real reasons. Maybe she was still heartbroken, met a new guy, or her bf got back in touch with her. I have no idea. i have a feeling one of her girlfriends got in her ear but who knows what.

Im not going to text her, and ive rebounded (obviously only a bit bc i wouldnt be writing this thread) but i want to be prepared. If she texts me again how should I respond, and how should i proceed with us hanging out. I know Im suppose to move on but I liked her and would give her another chance. Id want the upper hand this time around. I know this is a hypothetical and might never get that text but would rather be prepared if she does.

Also our families see eachother in the summer at the beach. I play golf with her dad. so how to handle that if i never do get the text. Just be cordial or more playful?

all advice is appreciated.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any variation of.. ''I don't want a relationship right now'' translates to.......

''I dont want a relationship with YOU! EVER!''

The biggest potential red flag that I see here is that her ex dumped HER. Why? What didn't he like about her? What did she do? That's what you needed to find out. You need to go NC with this one and find other girls.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fireballs said:
You need to go NC with this one and find other girls.
As easy as it sounds, go out and do it.

The moment you stop pedestrianizing her, you will find yourself in a crowd of much hotter and better girls, as if there is some divine intervention taking place. I have experienced this phenomena multiple times.

You need to work on your game as well. You fvcked up when you said that:

i completely get it. bummed but i get it. these things take time. your a great girl. we had fun!.
submissive, desperate puppy with no options.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember the Golden Ratio !!

mjh1589 said:
" ive been really down, i thought i was ready for a new relationship but im not. its so embarrassing that im not over this. your so great blah blah blah i hope we can be friends blah blah.
I honestly think it might have been a sh!t test. I would respond :

"ok" - cut contact and disappear boom, you just became outcome independent.

You might've fvcked her later in that scenario as she magicly "changed her mind".

mjh1589

Reaction score
trust me im aware of mistakes made. i also was seeing other girls while we were hooking up. she wasnt the holy grail of chicks to me. but i would hang out with her again.

what i really want to know is, how to proceed if she initiates new conversation.. "Hey you, how ya been?"
if we do hang out again what do i do with her? tell her to meet me out when im out with friends so i can bang her after.. or do one on one drinks. or just tell her "idk, may be hard, at least right now"

i like having options. i dont think this **** has to be as black and white sometime. i dont have spite towards this girl.