Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being muscular

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've put on about 10-15 lbs lately. Im still lean, nothing crazy. Probably like 12% bodyfat idk I just know I still look athletic and my abs show.

195 lbs, 6'1''. And the ladies, at least the two I'm seeing right now, love it.

I've gotten comments in the past like "this is a great view of you" when I'm on top. This weekend in bed this girl asked if I was flexing.. I wasn't ;). Feelsgoodman. And most of all, the way they touch and hold your body when your muscular, at least it seems, is different. It's like 'oh my god I can't get enough of this' type touching. Girls that don't have fit bodies seem intimidated in bed. By this I mean they'll pull me closer as if to prevent me from looking too long. Idk I'm just speculating there.

But I don't train for women. I train because I consider being strong part of being a badass. I grew up as an athlete, I feel a conviction to stay active and strive for peak performance.

Everyone doesn't need to be jacked. But get active, challenge yourself. Personally I think it's easy to find something in fitness that inspires you. Be a good climber. Become a fast swimmer. An ultra-marathon runner. Pick up martial arts. Push the limits of powerlifting. Master your body with calisthenics. Possibilities are endless. And all of them lead to a healthy mind and body.

And the ladies love it. At least some of them do.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women may not like to admit it, but they pretty much all want to have a strong guy who can overpower them and give it to them hard. A male who can't overpower them is less of a man for not being able to do so.

They want your muscles to be hard when they contract. It's the same type of attraction men have towards firm tiddies.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure. I met my current gf at a Christmas party and was wearing a sweater that evening. The first time I took my shirt off, she wouldn't stop telling me how pleasantly surprised she was by my body. She admitted that it sealed the deal for her.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every single one of them want a man who has that V shape. He doesn’t even have to be that muscular, but none of them want a guy that’s fat.

The whole “dad bod“ thing is bullshiz.

Stay in shape first and foremost for your health and how you feel about yourself. As a side benefit, women will love it and more attracted to you.

-Augustus-

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an OK looking guy but once they see me with my shirt off its usually all over. I'm 6'3"/190, so more lean than jacked but it has made a huge difference versus just 30 lbs ago. Now getting them to the point I'm taking my shirt off is the trick! Lol.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I'm an OK looking guy but once they see me with my shirt off its usually all over. I'm 6'3"/190, so more lean than jacked but it has made a huge difference versus just 30 lbs ago. Now getting them to the point I'm taking my shirt off is the trick! Lol.
I like the hockey player looks. Not overly jacked up but fit and muscles in the right places.

You see these roid meat heads all jacked up. They have huge arms and chest but do very little cardio or anything to build leg muscles and looks like a gorilla and disproportionate muscle distribution. That got that douchebag look to them too.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now getting them to the point I'm taking my shirt off is the trick! Lol.
Seriously, this. The past two months of extra work have brought me up another rung in the ladder. I still want to keep pushing the envelope, cuz I want to get as close to shredded as my stamina and genetics will allow. But in the meantime, damn, I do like what I see in the mirror. And it helps my overall presence knowing that I've nothing to apologize for physique-wise.

But with the colder weather, not to mention social norms, it's not like I can go out and about bare-chested. Which is a bit frustrating. What good is being shredded if it's buried under a long-sleeve shirt?

I still haven't found that balance of clothing that highlights the better-than-average physique with not looking like a peacock/douche. Though I'm open to suggestions...

Last edited:

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And most of all, the way they touch and hold your body when your muscular, at least it seems, is different. It's like 'oh my god I can't get enough of this' type touching.
Yes, in last-month's three-on-one at a swinger party, the woman was favoring me over the other two dudes in a serious way. She was fondling my pecs, abs, and biceps just like us guys would have our hands all over a hard-body's tits and ass.

Guys, get as close to the point as you can where the women start to engage in body-worship, it's one hell of a feeling.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole “dad bod“ thing is bullshiz.
Being superfit would always be most desirable. But I don't think most "dad bods" are as bad as they are made out to be. It's like guys here think of dad bods as some slobbish obese dude, but that's not always the case. A lot of times I see someone described as having a dad bod, it's someone who was very fit but maybe let themselves slip a little, or even are in between cutting.

How many of these guys do you think a woman would dump because of his body, even if they weren't famous?

https://thedesigninspiration.com/news/trending/these-celebrities-are-seriously-rocking-the-dad-bod/

Some of them, probably. Others not so much.
I know a guy who's heavier than Jack Black. He's married, but he's flirty with a big personality and girls are constantly crushing on him.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Being superfit would always be most desirable. But I don't think most "dad bods" are as bad as they are made out to be. It's like guys here think of dad bods as some slobbish obese dude, but that's not always the case. A lot of times I see someone described as having a dad bod, it's someone who was very fit but maybe let themselves slip a little, or even are in between cutting.

How many of these guys do you think a woman would dump because of his body, even if they weren't famous?

https://thedesigninspiration.com/news/trending/these-celebrities-are-seriously-rocking-the-dad-bod/

Some of them, probably. Others not so much.
I know a guy who's heavier than Jack Black. He's married, but he's flirty with a big personality and girls are constantly crushing on him.
That's what I mean talked about in other threads. Guys who are fat but have a good personality are still crushing it. Yet, we have fit guys on here posting about girl problems and such. Do you think some men are muscle heads thinking just because they're in fit shape with big muscles think just that alone will get them HB9 and don't work on personality at all and women think they're dull?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think some men are muscle heads thinking just because they're in fit shape with big muscles think just that alone will get them HB9 and don't work on personality at all and women think they're dull?
Everybody's individual. I've read a lot of these threads and it seems pretty clear that some guys get huge benefit (with women) from being in shape, and with other guys it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. And everything in between.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But with the colder weather, not to mention social norms, it's not like I can go out and about bare-chested. Which is a bit frustrating. What good is being shredded if it's buried under a long-sleeve shirt?
Once you have a good shape, you can buy better fitting clothes. Your shirts and pants should be snug. You won't find clothes like that at The Gap. Need to step it up a bit. Suits should not be from The Men's Warehouse. Good fitting clothing really shows your body off, even in winter. It's as simple as a pair of good fitting jeans with a bit of taper and stretch, a collared shirt that fits snug enough to show off your flat stomach, big chest, and V-shape, and a nice fitting blazer or sport coat that either fits snugly off the rack (because it was made right) or because you got it tailored.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Once you have a good shape, you can buy better fitting clothes. Your shirts and pants should be snug. You won't find clothes like that at The Gap. Need to step it up a bit. Suits should not be from The Men's Warehouse. Good fitting clothing really shows your body off, even in winter. It's as simple as a pair of good fitting jeans with a bit of taper and stretch, a collared shirt that fits snug enough to show off your flat stomach, big chest, and V-shape, and a nice fitting blazer or sport coat that either fits snugly off the rack (because it was made right) or because you got it tailored.
Men's warehouse is vastly overpriced. Last time I was in one Macy's had the same suits like 30 percent cheaper.

Suits do help in the right setting. I know in college my business classes most teachers wanted you to wear a dress shirt when giving presentations. Of course I went all out and would wear suits. I'd get a lot of comments from girls around campus when I did.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lift for your own health. If you attract women consider it an added bonus. If you have an average face tall skinny chads who dont even lift will mog you into oblivion.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lift for your own health. If you attract women consider it an added bonus. If you have an average face tall skinny chads who dont even lift will mog you into oblivion.
Well, yeah, obviously health is a factor. But if it were my number one factor I'd be going back to investing more time in cardio, which is easier on my body and probably has more health benefits than pure strength training.

So with that established, I'm in it not just for the health upside, but to physically feel better and to gain satisfaction from looking better. And it follows that if I get satisfaction from looking better, then it behooves me to get as much leverage from that as I can. Which in this case is clothing that complements my physique and therefore makes me feel better about how I look.

And if all of the above increases my SMV, who am I to complain? :)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, yeah, obviously health is a factor. But if it were my number one factor I'd be going back to investing more time in cardio, which is easier on my body and probably has more health benefits than pure strength training.
There's something you don't read here very often, but it's true IMO. For strictly health benefits, I think cardio is healthier than weight training. As long as you don't overdo it - people who run too much tend to die earlier, I've read. There's a certain point, they get worn out. Building muscle is good because it burns fat, but I don't think adding a lot of mass/bulk is necessarily healthy. Again, there's probably a point where you get maximum benefit.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
There's something you don't read here very often, but it's true IMO. For strictly health benefits, I think cardio is healthier than weight training. As long as you don't overdo it - people who run too much tend to die earlier, I've read. There's a certain point, they get worn out. Building muscle is good because it burns fat, but I don't think adding a lot of mass/bulk is necessarily healthy. Again, there's probably a point where you get maximum benefit.
A lot of those meat heads who seem to have overly upper body muscles seem to get pretty heavy once they get older and have heart attacks. See that with NFL players a lot when they retire.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean perhaps it’s been said already and maybe I’m an azz for saying it, but women “pretend” to like dad bods, simply because they’re attached to (generally) unhealthier men, with lower self esteems, who would never in a million years leave them. It’s a security-thing. Nobody finds dadbods “attractive” - women who claim this are lying so hardcore. No chance.

And how dare you, as a man, say you’re not attracted to frumpy-chicks: the dad-bod female equivalent. If you say that, you’re a fat-shaming azzhole for whatever retarded reason.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody finds dadbods “attractive” - women who claim this are lying so hardcore. No chance.
This is just nonsense and thinking that's too black and white. If a girl likes a guy, she'll be attracted even if he's not in peak physical condition. You really believe women will only like a guy who is a chiseled muscle man? That's laughable.

A girl doesn't have to have a perfect body to be attractive. Now if she's an obese pig, obviously that's not attractive. But a small imperfection can even be endearing.

No wonder guys on the internet are so negative.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just nonsense and thinking that's too black and white. If a girl likes a guy, she'll be attracted even if he's not in peak physical condition. You really believe women will only like a guy who is a chiseled muscle man? That's laughable.

A girl doesn't have to have a perfect body to be attractive. Now if she's an obese pig, obviously that's not attractive. But a small imperfection can even be endearing.

No wonder guys on the internet are so negative.
Not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, at face value with all else aside (just as we evaluate other aspects of SMV - facial symmetry, height, career, etc) - meaning we aren’t combining it with other factors, a “dad bod” should never be something people find attractive. It’s a sign of being unhealthy and not taking care of your body.

Now, take an average dad bod, throw it on a guy with perfect facial features, 6’4” and 100+k annually, and sure, that could be more attractive.

To each, their own. We should be promoting healthy lifestyles and bodies (like another poster created a thread about muscularity/etc) rather than validating sedentary lifestyles that lead to dad-bods.

I’m no expert - I’m just stating the obvious: dadbods are not a sign of physical health. Period.

Back to the main point of the thread - lifting is one of the best things you can do for yourself.