"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Being Labeled "Nice Guy"

SoonToBeDJ

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
I just read an old thread reccommended by some people on this site recently. Like all other threads, being "nice guy" is a bad thing. Well let me tell you my story.

The other day while at work, this guy and I were talking and some HB9 passed by. We started conversing about females and he told me about this one girl he knows that is easy. He said "if you want some quick just call her" and thats where it started. Once my manager heard that (shes 24, HB8) she told the guy I was talking to not to tell me that kinda stuff because I was a nice guy. When I heard that I'm like wtf??? Now I know it's not good to be called a nice guy but I am wondering, does it matter who thinks you are a nice guy? You wouldn't want a girl your interested in to think your a nice guy but what about other girls? I mean my manager is too old for me and is engaged so I really don't care if she thinks I am a nice guy, I do but I don't because I am not going anywhere with her. So is it a good thing, bad thing, or a non factor?

Being called a nice guy from an old lady next door isn't bad at all but I am in a different situation. I am interested in hearing your thoughts and what do you think I should do.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
most of my life I have been a nice guy, most of my life i've been know as a nice guy, most of my life i've been realtively unsuccesful with women, see trend? I've been getting away from the 'nice guy' label and its a good thing. Infact the other day I was called "inconsiderate jerk" which is a first for me. Not somethin i'm proud of, but at least it tells me I'm making good progress away from the 'nice guy' label. Apparently ****y/funny comes across as arrogant/mean if u dont do it right. lol anyways if ur know as a nice guy its a bad thing. Nothing wrong with being a nice person, but girls treat nice guys like nice guys. You know the saying, nice gets finish last or in other words get laid last if at all. Another quote I remember is "men will be nice when nice guys get laid". Starting to get the picture? If ur labled nice guy, u'll be treated like a nice guy, which dosnt lead to success with women. Thats my 2 cents.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
You forgot the woman network. If she thinks you are a nice guy. All her friends think you are a nice guy, therby ruining your chances with them. All their friends think you are a nice guy, so where i'm going?
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
I am making a thread just like this on how to kill the nice guy but it has my own way of doing it. So when I am finished making that post I will post it in tips.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
There is nothing wrong with being a nice guy. There is something wrong with being a sexually safe guy.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
S FLA
There is nothing wrong with being considered a "nice guy" as long as its not because you stop what ur doing when a girl asks you to do something for her. A nice guy is someone that a lot of girls want to date, I know it is hard to believe sometimes but girls dont only like ass holes. I think it depends how the girl is saying it. Its probably a good thing if your boss thinks ur a nice guy, she isn't sayign that because she wouldn't hook up with you since obviously thats not an issue, she is saying it because she thinks you are a good person which is important. If a girl says she won't go out with you because you are too nice, thats a problem, so it all depends on how it is said.
 

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I'm a nice guy.

Really.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I was sarging this woman and during our conversation she called me a "Nice Guy." I froze in my tracks, looked straight into her eyes and told her "I am NOT a nice guy, I'm a good guy. There is a major difference."

Well, needless to say I piqued her interest immensely. I played with her curiosity for a while as she literally begged me to tell her the difference between the two. Eventually I told her, "Good guys finish last." She attempted to stick up for "nice guys" buy telling me that the saying is just a myth.

I asked her how many guys she either dated or knew that were nice guys. She told me most of them. I asked why wasn't she with them. LONG pause. So I answered for her, "Because nice guys are boring, predictable, wimps that have NO passion in their lives." She stares back at me and tells me "You're absolutely right." I tell her "Good guys usually are." ;)

In a nutshell, I say confront women that give you that label. A woman that tells her friends that you are nice are basically telling them that you are safe to talk to but not exciting enough to date. Confronting them the right way will normally make them see you in a more attractive light.
 
Top