"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Being a "Lone Wolf"-picking up girls at clubs on your own

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
I am determined to get good at the club scene, as this is an area I have neglected over the last few years, and I do believe it represents a fertile area to meet women. I am at university, so we have these discos at the union every single night, where there is a bar a dancefloor and upstairs sofas, pool tables etc.

I have yet to find an effective or reliable wingman, as my friends are rather geeky and not very outgoing.

I am not the best looking of guys-i am around a 6 or 7 so cannot rely on instant physical attraction. If I go to a club I rarely get girls hitting on me. So what is the best way to get girls at clubs when you are going alone, as they are usually in groups and it is hard to isolate girls.

The only success I have had in the past is from girls approaching me. What is the best way to get them to do this? I was thinking of maybe getting a table and sitting with a drink, so that girls passing me on the way from the bar from the dancefloor, I could catch their eye and then go over to talk to them if I get a positive response. On the dancefloor it is too crowded to really be noticed by enough girls.

Any other tips and strategies?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,657
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
If you are going by yourself, find a stool and hang out by the bar. Its a traffic area for people going in and out for drinks. You can chat up with the barmaids creating rapport and some social proof, as well as chatting up with girls waiting for their drinks by just saying something random like:

" Its really jam packed in here tonight!! isn't it?" then take it from there.
 

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
whatever you do, do not stand by the women's bathroom. Nothing says creep like the guy trying to hit on women and they are stepping out for a private moment.
 

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
lol, unbridled, do you speak from experience?

Yeah, hanging by the bar sounds like a good idea.
 

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
724
Reaction score
7
Location
Europe
Yeah this is a good thread, I myself dont have many friends anyway and I just feel stronger being on my own. Unfortunatly solitude isnt seen as strength but as weakness.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
the Netherlands
Why exactly do you have to be noticed by girls? Can't you just walk up to them and make them notice you, simply by your self-confidence?
You're the initiator - you shouldn't have to wait for them to get eyecontact with you.

Make sure you are self-confident though. I don't even want to think about what will happen if you're not.
 

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Good points, I-am-someone. I just find that at clubs a lot of girls have ***** shields up, so I usually like to try and get eye contact and a smile before I go up to them.

And yeah, Phoenix, for some reason it is seen as a bad thing to go clubbing alone-and people always ask where your friends are. Usually I say something vague, or say something like I hunt alone.
 

catch

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
birmingham, uk
youve got to actually HAVE the confidence to approach a chick,

you know, thats what being a DON JAUN is all about,

you dont care if a chick thinks your a loser, witch is unlikley bengs you show your a man by getting up and talking to her, your an up and coming doun jaun, man shes loosing out here, ha ha not you!

and in a club, youve gota dance, or learn to anyway and the more you approach girls, the easier it becomes until it actually becomes fun and you love it because you know you can and you got10 chicks waitng for you to call anyways!! youve got to have fun when you make your approach otherwise, wheres the point!! your becoming a DON JAUN, you will have all the women you could dream about any way. YOUR THE PRIZE, in any club, make sure they know that!!!
 

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Props to you man for being a 'lone wolf' its an admirable thing. I TOTALLY disagree with anyone thinking solitude is seen as weakness, being a loner and repelling people who try and befriend you just to be by yourself YES!

Next time you hear of a buddy, or anyone for that matter, going to an event... by themselves take note of your own reaction to the news, chances are you won't be thinking "what a pvssy-going to that all by himself". NEVER let the fact you don't have someone to go with, prevent you from going somewhere, doing the things you want or need to do, enjoying life for that matter.

Some good advice here, on this site, read it, use it, success will follow.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
I usually sarge alone at clubs, but I come with friends that hang out at the bar or at a table. So I'm not actually alone, but girls don't know that.

It is awkward at first, like anything your not used to doing, but it does become very easy and fun when your comfortable with it.

There is no one approach that will work at the clubs, there are soo many different ways to approach or be approached, just go in there and have a good time and good things will happen. I have found better luck solo, because there is less chance my friends will screw things up with her friends.

Mr. Mystery
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
I actually think its pure weakness that your status in determined by the number of friends you have.
Actually the people that think it is a weakness are too weak to do anything by themselves.
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
If you are at a bar by yourself and a girl asks, remember you are waiting for friends to show up.

Talk to her casually.

You absolutely can meet girls by yourself and honestly it can be a bit easier. I have gotten everything to kisses to numbers to sex that night when I've been by myself.

BTW one thing that is great about being by yourself and I did this often was to hit one bar to start off the night and have a few drinks, then hit a second or third. One night I made friends with another guy that was there by himself before I hit the third bar. It was so funny because we picked up two girls that were there together and they asked how we knew each other. Pretty funny!
I didn't let on that he was someone i talked to at a bar 30 minutes ago.

Winging alone can and often times is easier. Think about how many times you wanted to hit a certain bar but your friends didn't or vice versa. You always do your best when you are at a bar or club that you like best.
 

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Great advice guys. This is my last year of college so want to get good at the club scene while I still am able to party without having to go to work the next day.

I am a loner by nature, although I have lots of acquantainces I get on very well with. I just prefer my own company, and like to do things when I want to do them, rather than have to rely on other people.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Joined
May 22, 2004
Messages
300
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
In Uranus
Personally, I find going out without the intention of picking up *****es works a treat. Have fun, get drunk, if you catch the eye of a decent girlm approach. Sorry didn't read all the replies.

Going out without the intention of picking up is the best fun. Trying to pick up and not suceeding can **** up your whole night.

Oh, and by the way. NOBODY goes out alone to clubs these days. Get some wingman together. As going out alone is BORING AS FVCK and looks weak. Just my 2c.
 

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Tallahassee
I would never go to a club alone. From my experience, it makes you look like a loser.
 

SheepSter

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Location
Amsterdam
Going out alone doesn't make you look like a loser. At least if you approach. I mean standing alone in the corner trying to find IOI's, yes that is VERY AFC. The trick is to become the life of the party, read this: Attaining Social Mastery. This post is dead on, you'll have a great time because you're THE MAN. I must say I actually got better results in the clubscene going out alone,then in a group. But in my case that's because going alone makes me approach everybody because else I'm bored. I still like going out with wings though, there's nothing like checking out the fine honeyz in the joint and grading them, approaching and having great fun.
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Think of it this way.

It takes balls to go out alone, but the thing is, you become the person that does what he wants, when he wants regardless of if he brings people or not.

I know some people that won't even go shopping alone. They call one of their friends for that.

Come on, we don't have to be co-dependent all the time as people.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top