Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Before During after work out

Modro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the gym, looking to build about 10lbs of muscle, I have worked out at home for 3 weeks then joined a gym and do just upperbody weights atm, I will be starting to add lower body (had a dead leg and an injury from football so left that)for the first week and a half at the gym) i have gained about 1.5lb since joining the gym

I am currently 5'9.5ft 161.5lbs

I don't currently use suppliments, i try to eat ALOT as i never seem to be able to put weight on. but i was wondering about pre workout, during and after.

Before I try to drink glass of skimmed milk, some fruit today i had scrambled eggs

During i just drink about 800ml of water

small snack as soon as i get home, then my main meal about 1 hour after the work out. Fruit juice.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is what has worked for me;

-I eat at least 1 banana and a hand full or grapes 1-2 hour prior to working out

-As I approach 1 hour to my workout time I eat at least 20 grams of protein of food and 1 cup of fat free milk,if I try to eat sooner I notice that I can get a headache during my workout.

-As soon I step food in the door I drink another 2 cups of fat free milk,eat some more servings of fruit and consume 20-30 grams of protein from meat.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Here is what has worked for me;

-I eat at least 1 banana and a hand full or grapes 1-2 hour prior to working out

-As I approach 1 hour to my workout time I eat at least 20 grams of protein of food and 1 cup of fat free milk,if I try to eat sooner I notice that I can get a headache during my workout.

-As soon I step food in the door I drink another 2 cups of fat free milk,eat some more servings of fruit and consume 20-30 grams of protein from meat.
I wouldn't take this guys advice. He's a noob and weighs 150lbs.

Now onto the advice. Before the workout, about 2-3hrs before(You should be eating every 2-3hrs anyway), should be your biggest meal of the day. Along with the meal after it, which should include a shake. It isn't rocket science.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pre-workout: eat enough carbs to get you through your workout comfortably. A little protein pre-workout is good also.

Post-workout: a hefty whey shake, try 60-70g, and some fast carbs, i.e. maltodextrin, bananas...whatever. The protein is preferably whey because it is a fast absorbing protein, which is desirable immediately post-workout when your muscles are in desperate need.

Then post-post-workout, keep eating as you otherwise would, high protein as normal.

-shaun

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
I wouldn't take this guys advice. He's a noob and weighs 150lbs.
I'm gonna shut you up right now. Name someone elses 148 who looks like this flexed w/o a pump.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/blinkwatt/PICT0592.jpg

Learn that how much you weight means nothing. By the way,I'm actually overweight for the weight class in natural amatuer bodybuilding that I may be getting into.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
You're a noob lol. Being 148 is nothing to be proud of lol. oh and a flex, man, you're such a noob lol. I can't believe how noobish you are. Your advice is retarded. Like I said in another thread, I have 4 inches and, now at your new weight, 82lbs on you. You're small, tiny, weak, and insecure. Go away.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously man, the only way I'd be proud of 148, is if I was a female body builder. God what happened to this world lol.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, it's not exactly easy to control what height you are. At 4 inches taller, you're expected to be heavier. Post a pic, or I'll assume the 82lbs you have on him is 100% fat. If you don't, its fine, but don't expect to have any credibility whatsoever.

Also, why so much hate?

blink: do you do your triceps to full range of motion? the tri's look alittle short in that pic.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, it's not exactly easy to control what height you are. At 4 inches taller, you're expected to be heavier. Post a pic, or I'll assume the 82lbs you have on him is 100% fat. If you don't, its fine, but don't expect to have any credibility whatsoever.
First 4 inches isn't much raw weight, at the most 20lbs. And it's not fat lol, since you never even asked what my bf%, nice to see people assuming.

Also, why so much hate?
Because he posts with an air of authority, but he's really a noob.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
blink: do you do your triceps to full range of motion? the tri's look alittle short in that pic.
Actually I didn't really started hitting my tricep hard until 4 or 5 months ago,so I know it will be lacking somewhat. As for the full range of motion,yes I do the full range for most of my exercises but as I said I've only been hitting it hard for several months,wish I would have started sooner. I'm happy with muscle I gained in that peroid of time,hopefully I can have it up to amatuer bodybuilding status withing 6 months to a year.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
Because he posts with an air of authority, but he's really a noob.
No I dont care about authority but the rather the fact that most of the stuff posted here is misleading and the same crap I was told when I first started lifting,which was crap as well.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
Like I said in another thread, I have 4 inches and, now at your new weight, 82lbs on you.
Alright then wise guy,if you know your stuff then that would put you at 220+lbs.,which is as much as Arnold weighted when he lifted. You sure that 82lbs. that you have on me isn't consumed w/ fat?

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
omg. 148+82 = 230lbs. MATH IS FUN!!!!

Arnold was 250lb I believe at 6'2''.

You sure that 82lbs. that you have on me isn't consumed w/ fat?
The question should be, What is your body fat percentage John?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arnold was 250lb I believe at 6'2''.

I've seen anything that ranges from 220-250 for his weight, choose as you please.

What is your body fat percentage John?

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modro said:
I go to the gym, looking to build about 10lbs of muscle, I have worked out at home for 3 weeks then joined a gym and do just upperbody weights atm, I will be starting to add lower body (had a dead leg and an injury from football so left that)for the first week and a half at the gym) i have gained about 1.5lb since joining the gym
Set the goal higher.

I don't currently use suppliments, i try to eat ALOT as i never seem to be able to put weight on. but i was wondering about pre workout, during and after.
Look at Dave Tate's food log, then come back and tell us you eat alot.

Dave tate can be found at EliteFS.

Before I try to drink glass of skimmed milk, some fruit today i had scrambled eggs
Skimmed milk eh? Switch to homo milk. 3.5%. It has more calories, and it still tastes like milk.

During i just drink about 800ml of water
Who cares? Water has no calories. You can drink 3litres of water, you're not getting any more muscular.

small snack as soon as i get home, then my main meal about 1 hour after the work out. Fruit juice.
Look into post workout nutrition. Try Surge or some Chocolate milk as a substitute. If you want to know more look up Dr. John Berardi.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen anything that ranges from 220-250 for his weight, choose as you please.
I believe it was 250 when he won universe. But it's been a while since I last read his biography.

What is your body fat percentage John?
10%. Think all you had to do was ask, instead of assume. Tee hee!

If you want to know more look up Dr. John Berardi.
John Berardi is KING!!!!! *bows down*

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
10%. Think all you had to do was ask, instead of assume. Tee hee!
The range we are in 9-10% is nothing to be dancing around to,anyone can reach it easily. Granted it's o.k. but to have even less fat would be awesome! This is the exact reason why I'm overweight for the class I would be in amatuer shows.

To be honest,I wouldn't mind seeing your physique,not to prove me wrong,but you should be near bodybuilding comp build with your specs.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you shouldn't avoid blinkwatt's advice because he's skinny. you should avoid his advice because its lousy.