Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Been to jail/know someone in jail?

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
Serious question here. Has anyone here been and/or know somebody that's in the joint(county or pen)? What classification were you given and how was jail life? What do you/they do day to day? Would like to here some personal experiences.

This is a serious question so please, no, "yeah man, I got lotz of azz in the clink from my 6'6" 300lb lover named bubba" type answers. I've seen and heard about prison life in movies but I'd like to hear some personal stories. Thank You.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup! My cousin's husband has been locked up since late September 04 for something he commited about ten years ago. He got a minor pregnant. Since he's not a US citizen they are threatening him to be deported.

He thought that he can bail out before Christmas but he's still in there. He said that he rather be locked up than be sent out of the U.S. He must be giving it up to big Tyrone.

He has 2 small kids and their mother (my cousin) has to lie to them all the time whenever they ask where dad is.

Sir Space

Don Juan
Reaction score
why lie, just tell them their father is an illegal alien child molestor whos in a cell right now.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I think I'm qualified to answer this one for you. First I need to explain a few things, though. (I am a woman)

Back in 1994 I had left my ex husband, moved to another state and was starting over. I moved in next door to 3 kids (boy-19, girl-18 and boy-10) whose mother had just died about 4 months earlier. I befriended them and grew to love them quickly. One day the 18 year old girl told me that she needed to take her little brother to visit their step-father, who was in prison. She asked me to go with her. It took her several hours to convince me to go inside with her, but I did. Her step father was an amazing man and we became instant friends. We both loved his step kids and that sort of pulled us together. We fell in love. He served 7 years, 4 of which I was engaged to him. I went to AA meetings every Mon, Wed and Fri at the prison with him and visits on every Sat, Sun and holiday. We took part in every group available for couples and families, which allowed me to actually go inside the prison chow hall to eat lunch and even holiday meals with him.

Most prisons have jobs that inmates can apply for. It could be a kitchen job or some kind of vocational job the dept. of corrections has contracted to do. My fiance worked in a sawmill, made license plates, made school furniture, worked in the kitchen, and even acted as a peer counselor for an intensive substance abuse program he helped start.

To pass the time he worked out (he benched over 500lbs) and was pretty huge. He also did tattoos, woodburnings, drew, did woodworking, fixed bicycles donated to the prison to give to needy children in the area, took classes, did mandatory rehabilitation programming and did lots and lots of legal research. He had a television and inmates had basic cable in their rooms/cells. He also had a stereo and he used to write very long, long letters to me almost daily.

This state doesn't have any "maximum security"...and his classification was "medium/central", which is the highest custody level for this state. He spent about half of his time in a minimum security facility, though. In fact, the custody level classification has little to do with what level security facility you are put in. It depends on an inmates programming requirements, behavior and needs of both the inmate and family that determines placement. I personally know the guy who has served the longest time in my state's history...and I met him through the AA meetings at the lowest level security prison in the state. I've met a lot of this states worst criminals. Sex offenders get tormented in prison, especially child molesters of preteen and younger kids. They're called "snappers" and they get the living sh*t kicked out of them on a regular basis.

If you have any specific questions, just ask. I visited prisons for 4 years every single week, so I'm very familiar with how they work.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awwwwwww, Wildfyre ;)

How much does he weigh? Also, you hear alot about rape and ****, is that real?

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our former Ferrier (does horseshoes, blacksmith) went to a minimum security jail for a year for driving violations (it was never for drunk driving, he was always sober when he got pulled over). He never really said much about it, he was allowed to leave the prison from 7am-7pm 6 days a week on work release. Later on he would go to a state prison for more driving violations (never drinking and driving violations again).

For the minimum security prison it seemed to be an ok place as far as prisons go, but he essentially was just spending the night there. Not sure about the state prison though.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3GAD3
Awwwwwww, Wildfyre ;)

How much does he weigh? Also, you hear alot about rape and ****, is that real?
He's the fiance who died. He weighed between 200lb and 220lbs at around 6feet tall. He did squats with over 600lbs. You never would have guessed how strong he was by looking at him, because his frame wasn't all that big, but his back, arms, chest and shoulders were massive when pumped up.

The rape stuff doesn't happen a lot in this state. But there are quite a few long timers who turn "tricks" for items like cigarettes or drugs smuggled in. Some just do things with each other because they want to. My fiance was disgusted by those. He once told me of going to see the doctor for a pinched nerve in his neck and the new nurse tried to give him condoms. He looked at her and said "I believe in Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...keep those f*cking things."

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Re: Re: Re: Been to jail/know someone in jail?

Originally posted by Spike_the_Dragon
Wow... quite a talented fella you got there. Let me ask you a question--is it all women who are crazy, or just the ones who hang around here!?:p

No offence Wyldfire, but that was some really messed up stuff.:D
On that show "Loveline" I've heard the Dr. and Adam both say something like: "you'll only get someone as healthy as you." By healthy they meant mentally healthy. Somehow I doubt this guy was an accountant who stole a few million from the World Bank.

Basically this ***** is wacked and there's no reason not to put her on your ignore list like she's about to go on mine. People who are ****ed in the head don't have the right to give advice. Unless of course that advice is "how to be ****ed in the headmeat."

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Been to jail/know someone in jail?

Originally posted by ShortTimer
On that show "Loveline" I've heard the Dr. and Adam both say something like: "you'll only get someone as healthy as you." By healthy they meant mentally healthy. Somehow I doubt this guy was an accountant who stole a few million from the World Bank.

Basically this ***** is wacked and there's no reason not to put her on your ignore list like she's about to go on mine. People who are ****ed in the head don't have the right to give advice. Unless of course that advice is "how to be ****ed in the headmeat."

Whatever your opinion, the fact is...that man in prison was a million times the man you could ever hope to be. He also gave his life to save the lives of other people. He was a man of the highest honor...but then I wouldn't expect such a foul-mouthed moron to be able to comprehend what honor is, let alone good advice. By all means...ignore me and spare us all from having to read any additional idiotic responses perpetuated by your tiny little pea brain. :rolleyes:

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
He's the fiance who died. He weighed between 200lb and 220lbs at around 6feet tall. He did squats with over 600lbs. You never would have guessed how strong he was by looking at him, because his frame wasn't all that big, but his back, arms, chest and shoulders were massive when pumped up.

The rape stuff doesn't happen a lot in this state. But there are quite a few long timers who turn "tricks" for items like cigarettes or drugs smuggled in. Some just do things with each other because they want to. My fiance was disgusted by those. He once told me of going to see the doctor for a pinched nerve in his neck and the new nurse tried to give him condoms. He looked at her and said "I believe in Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...keep those f*cking things."
Strong boy! If you don't mind saying, what did he die from?

Sound's like the system isn't as aweful as the movies make it seem, bu it sounds pretty bad in general.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortTimer
AAAHHH the sound of silence.
Haha...now he won't see all of the DJ Bible...but he probably didn't read it anyway. :rolleyes:

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Strong boy! If you don't mind saying, what did he die from?

Sound's like the system isn't as aweful as the movies make it seem, bu it sounds pretty bad in general.
He died in what amounted to a home invasion. He was visiting a friend when a guy his friend was feuding with barged in and shot his friend in the neck. My fiance grabbed the guy with the gun and had him under control and disarmed him. A second man came in with an assault rifle with armor piercing bullets and shot him in the back. There were 4 men in the room when the two guys barged in and if it weren't for my fiance stopping the first guy, they would all be dead. When my fiance was shot, the guy also shot his own friend (first guy with gun) and they took off after my fiance was shot.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
He died in what amounted to a home invasion. He was visiting a friend when a guy his friend was feuding with barged in and shot his friend in the neck. My fiance grabbed the guy with the gun and had him under control and disarmed him. A second man came in with an assault rifle with armor piercing bullets and shot him in the back. There were 4 men in the room when the two guys barged in and if it weren't for my fiance stopping the first guy, they would all be dead. When my fiance was shot, the guy also shot his own friend (first guy with gun) and they took off after my fiance was shot.
Crazy. Random home invasion or did they know the guys?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Crazy. Random home invasion or did they know the guys?
My fiance didn't know them, but his friend knew the guy who shot him in the neck. Believe it or not...it was all over a woman. Apparently my fiance's friend slept with this guys wife and they were going back and forth screwing each other over for a couple of years. Juvenile, immature and dumb stuff...harassing family members, stealing, filing police reports...two years worth of back and forth. My fiance' just happened to be there helping his friend do some work on his house when they barged in shooting.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my friends from primary school got arrested for scheming/conspiracy to commit murder (he was in the triads). He got sent to a labour camp somewhere up north. We pulled some strings to visit him, he didnt seem to mind prison.

There wasn't a lot of Bubba and the soap situations, but the people there were seriously violent. The prison was part of a mining outfit, so if you annoyed someone you'd probably get pushed by another inmate into a mining shaft.

Inmates would also die due to the extreme conditions, sometimes the heating systems would break down and half the cells would freeze to death or get frostbite. Back in 98 I read in the paper there was over 100 deaths during one breakdown.

But according to my old friend, being part of organised crime actually helped a little bit, people would still pick on you but they'd never go too far as long as you don't.

I haven't seen him since I moved to Australia, but I hope he's still alive. Despite his crime he was always a good guy, willing to stand up for his friends.

MightyLight

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been to locked up twice. eat,sleep,fight,tell stories, play spades all day everyday. imagine living in a daycare made for just the bad kids,except they're adults thats how it is.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Space
why lie, just tell them their father is an illegal alien child molestor whos in a cell right now.

Yeah, that would have been easy for toddlers.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I personally think Child Molesters do not belong in jail, but a mental institution. Pedophilia is a disease and is abnormal, just like homosexuality is...it is not a choice. I see both of these groups as victims in some sort of way, eventhough I do not agree with their behavior.