"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Becoming a better DJ

SoonToBeDJ

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
I just figured out how to become a better dj...get a job, seriously, I just got a new job in a hardware store cashiering (most of the cashiers are females.) The reason I say it makes you a better DJ is because you work with them and you talk with them and when theres so many like at my job it's so easy to flirt. You just mess with them and talk to them, if you are a little shy of girls this is the best way to shake it off. It's like when I started I didn't flirt much with chics, now it like comes naturally.

I don't know what it was but I just feel that I have become a better DJ, I mean if you never go out with girls this is also a good way to start, say one day you are getting off of work and a girl you are working with is also getting off at the same time, just say "hey what are you doing after work" she says " don't know yet, but I don't want to go home" then you say "well lets hang out, maybe get a bite to eat, that ain't going home" you see what I mean? It's really not a date but just hanging out with females and it gives you a chance to get comfortable with them.

Make sure if you get a job with females it's not a dumb one where you can't do anything like in a library, get a job with some life where you can have fun. Trust me, at my previous jobs it was like ugh I don't feel like going to work and now its not that you want to go to work but your more comfortable going because you have fun while working and learning. I mean sure you talk to girls at school but at work you actually have to talk to them, unlike in school where you don't have to unless you have to do a group activity. I am glad at got a job there because I now feel more comfortable around girls.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
I can relate to what you're saying completely. I work in a movie theatre so I see girls all the time. It's really not hard at all to initiate convo with them or with the girls that I work with. In my opinion, the setting is just appropriate for it. I mean come on. Most of the time I'm either tearing tickets or serving people so I have to have conversations with these people. So yes, I agree that getting a job not only helps you improve your conversation skills but also boosts your confidence in yourself since you're making money.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
yep although school is fine, i mean hell, i have to talk to girls, they just come up to you.


Its quite a good way of doing it, as a STEPPING STONE, so that you can go up to one on the street.
 

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Messages
518
Reaction score
2
NO FREAKING WAY!!

Getting a job that REQUIRES you interact with people benefits your social skills!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

Good point, I suppose. Pretty sure most people had this one figured out though.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
I work at a hardware store as well, and I help older women all the time (older than me). This provides very many good oppurtunities for me to practice my charm and wit.
 
Top