Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beat the other guy ay his own game

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of being sucked back in to this place, I had to share this insight with you guys.

There is always comptetion for girls whether it be direct or indirect. Direct competition is a situation where two guys are competing for the same girl at one time. This is common, but just as common but not often discussed is indirect competition. Indirect competition is when one guy pursing a woman is being conciously or subconciously compared to a guy another woman (possibly the target's friend/sister/acquaintence) is either dating or being pursued by. This phenomenon stems from the fact that women are generally competitive with each other with regards to the attention that they get from men and what men they are involved with.

In both direct and indirect competition, you don't always know who exactly your competing with but it's sometimes useful to know so that you can use this information to your advantage.

Here is a recent example of how I competed indirectly with another guy and won:

After having met and spent some time with a girl I met recently (who I knew was high interest), I went out on a "double date" with her(Andrea) and her friend(tracy) and a guy who her friend started seeing a couple weeks ago (Corey). I normally don't do these kinds of things mostly because it's the girls' idea of course and there are a lot of opportunities for things not to go well. I decided this time it was an acceptable risk because of how high I knew Andrea's interest level to be. Tracy is less attractive than Andrea so I knew that Andrea was probably used to being the one who was usually able to attract the "more desirable man". Of course it was up to me to prove that I was that man in this case.

Where we ended up going was a karaoke bar with a working class atmosphere to it. I was dressed all up in Abercombie clothes, looking very preppie and somewhat out of place in this bar. Corey started talking a big game about what songs he was going to sing which were mostly country songs. I knew that if he sang and I didn't, I would look like a puzzy. I began to worry that it wasn't a good idea to go with them on this "date", but I figured out a way to make the best of it.

I knew I couldn't sing country because people would take great offense to a preppie looking guy who couldn't sing bastardizing some Garth Brooks song. I finally ended up finding a song in the book for which it wouldn't matter how well I sang just because of the sheer humor value involved. I wrote down the song number and turned the card in. I did not tell any of them what song I would sing.

When they called my name after 20 minutes I walked up. Everyone seemed curious as to what an A & F poster boy could possibly be about to sing in this bar. The song was I want it that way by The Backsreet Boys. The whole bar was in stitches with laughter as I sang and broke into my imitation of boy band dance moves. After the song I got a standing ovation from the entire bar and as I approached our table Andrea told me, "Nick, you have no idea how much you just impressed me."

By the way, Corey the bad-ass country boy decided not to sing after that little performance.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 03-11-2002).]

bartender

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
Everyone seemed curious as to what an A & F poster boy could possible be about to sing in this bar. The song was I want it that way by The Backstreet Boys. The whole bar was in stitches with laughter as I sang and broke into my imitation of boy band dance moves. After the song I got a standing ovation from the entire bar and as I approached our table Andrea told me, "Nick, you have no idea how much you just impressed me."

chapeau trickynick

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Another idea should you get stuck in that kind of bind again...Delilah by Tom Jones, Kiss by Prince or grab your date to do "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher. Stir things up by singing Cher's part and do the hair flip and tongue thing. That cracks everyone up. I once got this stage makeup and made myself completely black and dressed up as Tina Turner for Halloween and went to a karaoke bar. Everyone loved it.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome Nick, that rules.

Just to add, you may be indirectly competeing with a guy that the girl likes (ie: has a crush on) even if he isn't interested - she is probably still comparing you to him.

Anyway, classy move - I'll have to try that sometime. First I'd have to listen to that song to get the words (ugh, gag me)

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Amlothi:
First I'd have to listen to that song to get the words (ugh, gag me)

Actually, I am glad I messed it up here and there otherwise I might have come across as being really into the song rather than simply making fun of it.

You are also right that there are many kinds of indirect competition including the example you pointed out.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 03-11-2002).]