Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beat in your car... subwoofers

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Currently, I have:
2x 12" MTX Thunder4000s (RMS at 200, peak at 400)
2x100 Walmart Amplifier with Bass Boost
Home-made plywood box

So I'm seein this real fine girl, and she has lots of money......:)....... but she has way better subs than me, and this bothers me for some reason. She has 12" Diamonds that RMS at 1500.... f*ck that and f*ck her I hate her.

To compete, I'm getting 2x 12" MTX THunder5500 - (peak at 600)
and a 1100 (550x2) amplifier, and a ported box.

My questions are:
- If the subs peak at 600, is 550 watts of power too much for the subwoofer? If so, what would be better?
- I have a Jetta with a trunk. Which type of box is best: sealed or ported?
- Will I need a capacitor to keep my alternator from dying?
- Im going to use 4gauge wire for the power... can I leave my ground wire 10gauge?
- Does anyone recommend OTHER subs or amps?

Do not want to spend more than $300 total. THanks.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
talk RMS

if you talk PMPO i'ma slap you

i got 400watt rms pioneer sub

with a 300watt rms cadence amp

and it is not enough power

always have the amp more powerful than the sub

you dont wanna run the amp at more than 80% in my opinion for long periods of time

i made my 300watt rms run at 100% for 6 months to try and get it as close to the 400watt rms rating of the sub

result

my amp had a heart attack

best way is

decent sub

GOOD AMP

most people do it the other way around like i did

i will get a 500watt rms amp soon and it will be all better

btw what db your system running at ?

i can put a hat ontop of my car and the vibration shakes it off the roof

:D

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$300 will probably only get you a good box and some good wire....dont even bother....if shes really feeding 1500 watts RMS you will need at least $1500 to get close to her...and also you dont just want cheap loud sound.

If I had the money i would probably get some resonant engineering XXX, they take 2000 wats RMS, which would run you about $500 i think...and then you need a GOOD amp that will be able to put that much and clear power down that would be at least $600. then get a good ported box that would be around $200, some good speakers if you want good quality sound....2 good pairs would be about $250-300, while were at it you will probably need a good quality deck that would be around $250 and up...at that much power you probably will need a capacitor or a second battery or upgrade your alternator which wont be cheap either....

yea this sounds like a lot, but diamond makes great products, so unless youre ready to get a set up like the one above or better dont even bother competing with her like i said....

This girl that i was dating has an Infiniti G35 brand new, with nice wheels and the whole deal....i have a nice car, but it in no way competes with the G35

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Car audio any kindof audio system for that matter is one of those things where you get what you pay for. If you paid $300 for a system, I guarentee it would sound like ass and/or break shortly after installing.

The setup I had in my car was....
2 x 12" Alpine Type R 2 ohm
Alpine V-12 MRV1507

I wired the subs up to one channel and bridged the amp so I got 1500 watts of power going to both subs. Those MRV1507's are pretty f'in bad ass. You can pick one up on ebay for around 300 or so.