Be yourself.

Methuselah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently, I have begun to notice an unintended side effect of most peoples' progression to become a PUA/DJ/etc. This side effect comes about by people taking methods and/or canned lines to be a doctrine of how to be sucsessful with women and/or social situations. What is the side effect? Loosing yourself to a certain canned, structured facade of a "cool" personality that everyone likes. I always hear advice like "be alpha" or something else of the sort. I hate to break this to some people who work so hard at becoming "alpha", but, the fact of the matter is, not everyone can have an Alpha personality. This is fine however, because another fact of life is that you don't need to be Alpha to have sucsess or power in your life. Some of the most sucsessful, powerful, wealthy, and wise people are those who stay below the radar and don't have to display that they are the king of the moutain. If you aren't an Alpha personality, don't worry so much about it and waste your time "acting Alpha" because really, that is all you are doing. Merely mimmicing something you are not and sometimes this changes people for the worst, they change and become argumentative and always out to prove themselves to people. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self-improvement and changing your life for the better, but some things don't need to be changed. It is much better to shine with your unique characterisitics than it is to cloak behind this super-imposed persona. In the end, it is your genuine personality that will make you who you are, not how many women you've slept with, or any other accomplishment. A measure of a man is in his honesty, integrity, and character. Always remember that.

So, how do we avoid this side effect? Simple. Stop being superficial. Superficiality is an embracement of the trivial or surface and an avoidance of the deep thinking about life in general. Though while giving up being superficial you make have to face some troubling, hard, and intimidating aspects of life, in the end, your decission and behavior will be true to reality, and more importantly, yourself. Take this new deep thinking and look at WHY methods or canned lines work and infuse these deep-rooted micro-societial truths into your daily life. As complicated as it may sound, its really not. If one is to grow as a man, there must be an end to this superficial aspect of one's life.

Make yourself. But always, always, always be yourself.

Peace. Love. Life.
Methuselah.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skirtChaser said:
I can't be myself, I don't know who I am.
I hope you realize just how intelligent an answer that was.

Methuselah

Don Juan
Reaction score
That is precisely what superficiality prevents, finding oneself in the scary infinity of life. The human mind can only begin to form a small picture of who we are. Yet, the beauty of life is that simple question has driven us to the point at which we are today.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I choose not only choose to be myself, I choose to live life consciously while I am being myself.

comic_relief

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with what you said.

not everyone can have an Alpha personality
I have listened to Secrets of the Alpha Male about 4 times
and the interesting thing is that most guys just won't
learn what an Alpha Male really is, look in the mirror and
make the changes.

Understand?