Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Be Different. Be a Leader.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a personal rant of mine that I have been meaning to voice for sometime. I am reaching out to all of you and telling you to stand out from the crowd.

High School is an important time in everyone’s life. It is when most kids start puberty and morph into their adult bodies. We have much more freedom and don’t have to go to classes (although you should!) Physical contact between guys and girls also kicks up a notch. Parents begin to trust us more and allow us to be more autonomous.

I define leadership as having the ability to follow one’s path through life, without worrying about what others think. Martin Luther King was a great example of a leader. He stared in the face of nearly impossible odds and came out victorious. Although he died because he was such a poignant and exceptional leader, he improved the quality of life for so many Americans today.

Unfortunately, leadership is something that is rare among the high school ranks. Everyone is trying to be popular (although its nothing special) and gain the acceptance of his or her peers. Everybody is afraid to do something out of the ordinary for fear of what others think. So many guys are trying to be “thugged out” these days. Everyone rocks du-rags, bandanas and multicolored hats and air force ones. Why? Because that is what society holds as “cool”. Everyone rushes to sit in the back of the bus while heading home or on a field trip (Even though so many people fought and died just so that everyone had the right to sit in the front). Why? Because that is what society holds as “cool”. Kids diss those who are less popular than them and try to ridicule anyone who dares to be different then they are. So many people try to get the attention of other kids at school by shouting to their friends in the hallways, loud enough so that everyone can hear them. 95% of high schoolers are trying to be someone they are not. And this lack of courage is not just among teens.

In the public, have you ever noticed how people are afraid to be the first one to do something? Such as at a buffet or wedding, nobody want to be the first to walk to the buffet line and start taking food. And did you ever notice how many people walk with their heads down, are afraid to talk in front of a lot of people, and are not intrepid enough to tackle controversial decisions. It’s from fear of what others might think of them. That is why so many of the people in society are the same, because they allow themselves to be shackled by society.

I, however pride myself on being in that elite small percentile of those who dare to be different, dare to be leaders. I laugh at all the wankstas who think by rocking du-rags and air force ones that they are thugs. I can’t tell that most of these phonies are just that, because they cant even hold eye contact with me. I purposely wear k-Swiss just to stand out from the crowd (plus I like the way they look!). I even got a couple of compliments on them because people noticed that I wore different shoes from other people.

I challenge you guys to be the same. Be leaders and take hold of your lives. Act with class and treat those around you with respect, unlike so many people today. Walk with your shoulders and head up, this shows everyone you are confident and believe in yourself. When you first lock eye contact with a stranger, don’t look away or down. This shows fear. Instead, be a leader and force the other person to look away first.

When with your friends, don’t let them push you around. Be funny and charismatic, but don’t be their personal entertainer. Instead, be the leader of the group and make decisions for everyone.

When by yourself, never let society control you. I forgot who it was, but someone on this site had a great quote, it was something like “Don’t let anyone dictate where you can go”. NEVER, EVER, EVER be afraid of what people might think if you do something. That gives them power that no one should have over you.

If you want to approach that chick in the cafeteria, go ahead! If your pressured into doing something that you don’t want to do by your friends, then don’t do it. If you see some people picking on someone weaker, go help out the victim! Don’t stand there and watch them pick on him when you know you want to help him.

I leave you with this: Always remember that this site gives you something that 98% of the world population will never have, the ability to know society’s restrictions and to RISE ABOVE THEM. Don’t ever let anyone take that away from you!.

Last edited:

Beatflux

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post

Great post man! Glad more and more people are realizing how what is going on in today's society. People do a ton of things to get attention:a**hole behavior, cut wrists, be loud, and etc. What would it be like if nobody wanted anybody elses approval? From your imformation you can conclude that if you use it correctly you can be a leader and have influence on other people.

Cogent Ops.

Don Juan
Reaction score
beautiful.

What is this? Yet another brilliant and inspiring post today? What is happening? Is this forum actually improving?

Very nice Mack.

You do not want to strive to be like any certain person, you want to strive to be the type of person who is idolized by others. If you are a copier and a wanna-be people will see it in a heartbeat, and they will laugh at you. It is ok to try to obtain characteristics of those who you consider great, but you should make your own path and always remember that you are an individual. I learned this lesson the hard way. I always looked up to my older brother, who gets all of the ladies and has an infinite amount of friends, so as I tried to become a DJ I started doing things the same way as him. We already look alot alike, but I started wearing almost the exact same clothes as him. Now that I think about it, I was undoubtedly laughed at by other people because of how obvious it was that I wanted to be him. I even started to talk like him. We already have an identical voice, but I would use the same vocal expressions as him. Nowadays I still act a lot like him, but that is because I have truly gained confidence and charm, rather than copying his. I also think it is a lot easier to become confident and charming if you are doing it because you want to improve yourself rather than doing it because you want to make yourself more like somebody else.

"When by yourself, never let society control you. I forgot who it was, but someone on this site had a great quote, it was something like “Don’t let anyone dictate where you can go”. NEVER, EVER, EVER be afraid of what people might think if you do something. That gives them power that no one should have over you."

PEOPLE- READ THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN! BURN IT INTO YOUR BRAINS. <-- I am at this very moment. :) This has to be one of the most important things in becoming a leader. Also realize that when somebody makes fun of you (not jokingly) for something you do, nomatter how ridiculous, they are doing it because they have insecurities. No matter what you say, even if it is terribly innappropriate, it is repairable. And if somebody still holds a grudge because of one single act, you should not be around this bitter person anyways! Say what is on your mind. Do what you want to do. Of course, I am not saying to be rude or hurtful. There should be limits, but these are easy to recognize and if you are even slighly intelligent you will know when you crossed the line, in which case you should explain yourself and apologize if absolutely necessary. Live without fear. When you learn to do this, you will truly prosper.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet another post that has responded to my challenge... hot damn!

Boono11

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have also seen what you talked about. Nice post.

darkmenace

Don Juan
Reaction score
just beautiful, what a post.

this is the kind of knowledge that makes me stand out and be one of the few positive leaders at my school. (i go to a small school, 400 max students)

20P02

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump...its whats for dinner!

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the adulation. I felt that I needed to voice my opinions to the masses and help all those willing to listen. Hopefully I can change some lives.

Andrew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post...Ahh, kids will be kids, won't they? One day everyone grows up.

Then again, "Without all you suckas all the true playas wouldn't stay paid"

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any more thoughts? Id love to hear them.

ultrashogun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
read books like Orwells 1984, Bradburys Fahrenheit or any book by Huxley, Huxley is the king. After youve understood those books youll understand that it takes more than k swiss shoes and looking people in the eye to disconnect yourself from the bounds of society.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, even though it is hard to be different, but ive come to realize that popularity and all is SH!T. im currently a senior, i will be out of school in 3 months, and ill never see most of the people i went to school with. what the hell do i have to lose?

1st thing im plannign to do when i get back to school on monday is to get up in the middle of a class, turn to the biggest jerk/fatass in our class and looking him in the eye tell him exactly what i think about him. lets see what that little boy comes up with.;)

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
1st thing im plannign to do when i get back to school on monday is to get up in the middle of a class, turn to the biggest jerk/fatass in our class and looking him in the eye tell him exactly what i think about him. lets see what that little boy comes up with.;)
Erm, I'm not sure you quite got the point of this post...

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
Hrmm... Public humiliation... this will probably make you look bad. Of course you don't care about that at this point...

Just don't start talking **** about some fatass to his face because he is fat. For all you know he is trying to lose weight, but is struggling. Even if he is shoving candy in his mouth, he still might be trying.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ultrashogun
read books like Orwells 1984, Bradburys Fahrenheit or any book by Huxley, Huxley is the king. After youve understood those books youll understand that it takes more than k swiss shoes and looking people in the eye to disconnect yourself from the bounds of society.
Read carefully and ull see I never said anything about clothes making the man. I simply said that I CHOSE not to wear uptowns, cause of all the followers. Having the courage to look in someone else's eyes till the look away is a sign of dominance. Dominance its part of being a leader and so is courage.

I read fahrenheit 451, Guy was someone who used to be a follower but later changed his way. Looking at that book will make u think about what the gov't REALLY knows, not how u can become a leader.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The majority of the post is great, few discrepancies tho

Originally posted by Mack Of All Trades
Instead, be a leader and force the other person to look away first.
Thats just weird bro, dont be a control freak.

Instead, be the leader of the group and make decisions for everyone.
Same as above, if i can lead the group around by my pinky finger, i dont really want to be a part of that group. Just not as fun if youre making all the moves by yourself.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Be Different. Be a Leader.

Originally posted by Jester
The majority of the post is great, few discrepancies tho

Thats just weird bro, dont be a control freak.

Same as above, if i can lead the group around by my pinky finger, i dont really want to be a part of that group. Just not as fun if youre making all the moves by yourself.
1) The whole eye contact thing is something I use to test my limits. Its very awkward to look someone in the eye, so most people look away. I, however, try to force myself to do it because it improves ur confidence and establishes a kind of alpha male mentality among those u meet.

2) You misconstrued what I said. I didnt mean that u should dominate the whole group and boss everyone around. What I meant is that u should be the leader of the group in times when ur walkin into a public facility or when the group needs ideas of what to do for the night.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Be Different. Be a Leader.

1) The whole eye contact thing is something I use to test my limits. Its very awkward to look someone in the eye, so most people look away. I, however, try to force myself to do it because it improves ur confidence and establishes a kind of alpha male mentality among those u meet.

2) You misconstrued what I said. I didnt mean that u should dominate the whole group and boss everyone around. What I meant is that u should be the leader of the group in times when ur walkin into a public facility or when the group needs ideas of what to do for the night.
I think your saying, minus the bs, "be the alpha male".

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Be Different. Be a Leader.

Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
I think your saying, minus the bs, "be the alpha male".
Nah, its not just about being the alpha male. Its about daring to be different. Daring to take on any challenges. Daring to forget what others think about you.

I learned from personal experience that at least 90% of high schoolers are followers. My cousin is a follower, my brother is a follower and loads of my friends and people I know are followers.

People become followers because they are afraid to lead. In order to be a leader, one must stick their head out. They have to go out on a limb and seperate from the crowd. This is why there are so many followers. They dont have the courage to take risks and be a leader. They would rather be accepted by doing something everyone else is doing, than do what they want to do and risk rejection.

If you can be one of the few who dares to be bold, then you will be above the muddled masses and can achieve true happiness.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.