"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Balding

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Jun 4, 2003
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
47
The thing about caps making you lose your hair is a myth. It's just that balding guys tend to wear caps so people started making the association. If covering up hair made you lose it, then nobody would have chest hair, leg hair, back hair, or pubes.
 

dang25

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
After reading this thread of postings, I had all the amunition I needed. I had my fiance' trim me up at 1/8" length. She LOVES it and I'm a lot less self conscious about the way I look. I starting balding at 19 and now, at the ripe age of 25, the hair style I had my whole life was looking like a comb over. I probably thought about my hair 75% of the time. I was depressed. Not to knock anyone else, but if you start losing your hair in your 30's or 40's its readily acceptable. When you are in your early 20's your whole life feels like its crashing down. Now for the real reason for my posting - Thank YOU to everyone who posted. You liberated a youthful soul!
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
If you have quite fair hair you can bleach it blond and the baldness won't show so much, although this only really works in the early stages.

You can also get a product called Dermatch that is basically makeup that covers your scalp, again, only works in the early stages of baldness.

Don't mess about with wigs or hair transplants, they're way too much trouble.

The only combovers I have seen that work are when you just make a 'bridge' between the narrowest part of the bald spot on the top of the scalp. As soon as you start trying to cover your whole head with long strands or having a parting below the normal height, don't bother.

Best thing once it's too gone to cover up, just trim it short to around 1/4 in and spike it up a bit on top. Don't shave it off completely because you'll look like a cancer victim.
 
Top