Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Balding

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 20yo and I am already shaving my head because my hair (the top area) is thinning so badly that the skin is already visible.

I remember when I was younger and had a long and beautiful hair my father used to tell me that my hair wouldn't last even 10 years more. Old man was right.

He was bald and his father was bald too. My mom has hormonal problems that makes her hair extremely thin, almost bald, just like her mom. Her father, believe it or not, was also bald.

Well, that's it, there was no escape for me. Honestly, I do like the looks but explaining that I'm only 20yo is pretty funny.

For any of the bald/balding gentlemen, share your story here. How old were you and how did you face the process.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
I buzz it down every few days but I don't completely shave it. I was like you and started balding around 22. I just rock it as is and don't pay it any mind. Plenty of guys rocking the bald look these days and we save a ton of money on shampoo and haircuts!

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started at 25. 33 now, just have 5 inch dreads so I can do a comb over. I think I can hold on a couple more years then wigs/transplant.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends how much it bothers you...transplant is an option if you are suitable and have the money. There are a couple of threads on this if you search.if not,buzz it off,and be proud! Ha

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A bald head or a thin hair doesn't necessarily look bad, it does depend on your build.

If you are tall & slim.. The bald head look does not look great.

If you are fat & tall, again it's not a great look.

However the bald looks quite good on big muscular guys. I have my head close to shaved & nearly everyone tells me that it suites me.

The man's build matters!

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I shave with a 5mm guard every couple of weeks. I honestly feel more confident with the buzz, but I do miss my exquisitely coiffed pompadour of my younger days.

Coincidentally, I started focusing more on my physique and style at the same time that my hair started thinning. It seems like I get noticed more these days?

I am definitely more confident in general now than I was in my 20s, so perhaps that shines through…

Better to be ripped and bald than bald and fat.

A nice pair of sunglasses and a button down shirt works well.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 20yo and I am already shaving my head because my hair (the top area) is thinning so badly that the skin is already visible.

I remember when I was younger and had a long and beautiful hair my father used to tell me that my hair wouldn't last even 10 years more. Old man was right.

He was bald and his father was bald too. My mom has hormonal problems that makes her hair extremely thin, almost bald, just like her mom. Her father, believe it or not, was also bald.

Well, that's it, there was no escape for me. Honestly, I do like the looks but explaining that I'm only 20yo is pretty funny.

For any of the bald/balding gentlemen, share your story here. How old were you and how did you face the process.
I cannot speak to it with experience. I can say, you can copy one of my wings. Q ball bald. Used glue and all kind of **** in his hair. Started losing it at 15. He wheels girls for dayssssss!

Check More Plates more Dates YouTube. I follow JRE and fitness. MPMD came in reviewing supplements and JRE called him out on hair fix routine following a steroid or peds cycle.

Simply put if you have MPB (MALE PATTERN BALDNESS ) you are ****ed. You can 1. Lower stress 2. Clean up diet 3. Big 3 (Rogaine and hair loss regimine). Pick your poison.

I love my golden locks but I won't ever George Costanza it. Look at Bruce Willis Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham among others. Not everyone pulls it off like Beckham.

Meditate 20min everyday. Lower caffeine intake. Don't use roids or drugs that spike dht. Lift weights. Grow a beard. Accept it. I know fellas who bladed at teens or early 20s. I k ow girls who lost hair. It's savage. Own it. If you can mitigate it go for it. Alternatively look at Steve Austin. He blew up after hairloss.

Good luck. Regardless go get girls.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try some of that hair powder (dust) they sell, adds volume to your hair if you have a decent amount.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had a widows peak, but apart from that still have a full head of hair at 48.
I've had every hairstyle you can imagine from a buzzcut, a mohawk and even plaits.
Currently having a long haired phase at the moment, it's shoulder length right now and
I wear an Alice band to keep it pulled back and out of my face. But since my teens I have
always gone with a bit of a rock/alternative look so I can pull it off fine with a few assorted
tats and piercings. The bald look is something I'm saving until it's necessary but I did like the
simplicity of the #1 buzzcut, especially as a motorcyclist - No helmet hair issues.
My buddy Martin lost his hair at 14, he's been razor shaved the whole time I've known him.
It's a strong look for him. I do use a caffeine shampoo now as I'm getting older which has
definitely thickened my hair some over the few years I've been using it.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had a widows peak, but apart from that still have a full head of hair at 48.
I've had every hairstyle you can imagine from a buzzcut, a mohawk and even plaits.
Currently having a long haired phase at the moment, it's shoulder length right now and
I wear an Alice band to keep it pulled back and out of my face. But since my teens I have
always gone with a bit of a rock/alternative look so I can pull it off fine with a few assorted
tats and piercings. The bald look is something I'm saving until it's necessary but I did like the
simplicity of the #1 buzzcut, especially as a motorcyclist - No helmet hair issues.
My buddy Martin lost his hair at 14, he's been razor shaved the whole time I've known him.
It's a strong look for him. I do use a caffeine shampoo now as I'm getting older which has
definitely thickened my hair some over the few years I've been using it.

I wonder if the caffeine in the shampoo would upset my prostate. :mad:

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate I started loosing my hair at 20 now I'm 40 but I just accepted it and in honesty couldn't give a **** about the opinions of others. Some women don't like balding man who cares their loss. I look like a Chinese monk if I let it grow so I shave it. Some benifits you save money on seeing a barber to piss away as you choose. Look in the mirror and learn to hold the face of someone that does not look like someone to **** with its very useful If you are in a area and not feeling safe or thinking someone may try and test you. This has saved my ass many times. Last is you were created this way so why change the perfection others fail to see. **** em it's your life mate live it that's my 2 cents worth

3AM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Balding runs in my family. My father was bald at 23 and so was the rest of my family on my fathers side around that age. Fortunately, I took after my grandfather on my mother's side. He had a deep widows peak, but had hair into his 80s.

That being said, I have always been insecure about my hair. My feeling on it is some guys look good bald and some don't. Build as mentioned earlier by another member makes a difference. If you have a skinny neck and slender build then I am inclined to say it's less attractive. Now, build and physical aesthetics can be built. From a stronger jawline to thicker overall build (Neck shoulders). All of these things really go back to good over all health.

I myself am working to keep my hair being as I am 37 and thinning a bit. Even thinning hair in many ways is attributed to laxity in your scalp (Health) which can be changed simply by routinely massaging your scalp. Everyone is different though. You need to make choices that make you feel like the best you, that you can be. Confidence is king! No matter the hand you are dealt, if you are motivated and don't believe the common fallacies about life you can get what ever you want.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cannot speak to it with experience. I can say, you can copy one of my wings. Q ball bald. Used glue and all kind of **** in his hair. Started losing it at 15. He wheels girls for dayssssss!

Check More Plates more Dates YouTube. I follow JRE and fitness. MPMD came in reviewing supplements and JRE called him out on hair fix routine following a steroid or peds cycle.

Simply put if you have MPB (MALE PATTERN BALDNESS ) you are ****ed. You can 1. Lower stress 2. Clean up diet 3. Big 3 (Rogaine and hair loss regimine). Pick your poison.

I love my golden locks but I won't ever George Costanza it. Look at Bruce Willis Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham among others. Not everyone pulls it off like Beckham.

Meditate 20min everyday. Lower caffeine intake. Don't use roids or drugs that spike dht. Lift weights. Grow a beard. Accept it. I know fellas who bladed at teens or early 20s. I k ow girls who lost hair. It's savage. Own it. If you can mitigate it go for it. Alternatively look at Steve Austin. He blew up after hairloss.

Good luck. Regardless go get girls.
Bump
Own it and go get girls period.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Balding runs in my family. My father was bald at 23 and so was the rest of my family on my fathers side around that age. Fortunately, I took after my grandfather on my mother's side. He had a deep widows peak, but had hair into his 80s.

That being said, I have always been insecure about my hair. My feeling on it is some guys look good bald and some don't. Build as mentioned earlier by another member makes a difference. If you have a skinny neck and slender build then I am inclined to say it's less attractive. Now, build and physical aesthetics can be built. From a stronger jawline to thicker overall build (Neck shoulders). All of these things really go back to good over all health.

I myself am working to keep my hair being as I am 37 and thinning a bit. Even thinning hair in many ways is attributed to laxity in your scalp (Health) which can be changed simply by routinely massaging your scalp. Everyone is different though. You need to make choices that make you feel like the best you, that you can be. Confidence is king! No matter the hand you are dealt, if you are motivated and don't believe the common fallacies about life you can get what ever you want.
I love my golden locks. Would likely shave it or transplant if it bugged me that much. A great regimen for men is recovery. Sleep 8hrs. I meditate. I blast off in the gym or doing road work. I do active recovery in the form of yoga and mobility work.

Lower cortisol and stress. Can look at supplements like ashwaganda? Pardon spelling. You can't change up family history but you can do your best to keep in good health.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After the following regime integrated, you can look at treatments specific to hair. Personally I wouldn't **** with hormones. If all else fails you can lookat a transplant. Fortunately you got your grandfather's hair. Mine was near 100 with a perfect god tier head of hair.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 37 and I've been getting a "fade" since I was in my early 20's. Needed to keep it short for fighting and other work.

Honestly if you aren't hitting the gym start now then shave/buzzcut/fade it and forget about it. Once you look semi-muscular no one cares ..... more to the point no one has balls to say anything. Mind you I"m only 180cm tall which is just above average here in NZ, BUT I'm 90-95 kgs with about 8-10% bodyfat year round ..... not massive but enough that everyone understands to not mess with me. Add to that the fact that I used to be a semi professional sailor and ametuer fighter the shoulders are massive so I have "the look" so to speak.

TLDR - Get buff and shave it off.