Balding......help!!!!!

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My hair is thinning incredibly and while not receding at all....it is very fine and all I have to do is lift a hair and my scalp shows..It is not that noticeable...but still a bit of a *****.

Unfortunately my hair does not lend itself well to being completely shaved as my ears stick out a bit and I have very boysish features which don't lend themselves to bald looks as well as masculine lookiong men....

How is the best way to cover up my thinning hair? THere aren't any bald patches or anything...but it looks crap at the moment.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
change your hairstyle...

what kind of hairstyle do you have now?

since you have fine hair, I would suggest you keep your hair cut short, because fine hair looks "limp" when it gets long and the thinning shows more, get a tapered and short on the sides and medium on top.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you really want evidence whether you're balding....look at your mom's side of the family. Usually hair is determined from that side of the family genetics.

Chimera

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, you should definitely start on

Propecia
Minoxidil (Rogaine)
and Nizoral

With these three, you'll probably be back to normal in a year or so. There's a chance that they won't work for you and I've heard Propecia can cause a few sexual side effects, but I guess it's the only way to get your hair thick again.

In the meantime, you can use Toppik and Couvre to hide the thin spots. They actually work pretty well, but are a bit messy if you don't use them carefully.

Go to Hair Loss Talk for more information.

drago

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't cover up the bald spots. Don't get a rug or hair implants. Implants cost a lot and most of them don't look natural. The ones that do look natural cost at least $10,000.00, and you're not guaranteed good results no matter what you pay. I shave my head but, as you said, you don't look good bald. Try cutting your hair short. Short hair, even when balding, can look healthy and attractive. Remember the bald guy from L.A. Law back in the eighties or Sean Connery nowadays. Anyway, the point is you should try to have an overall good appearance. Look mature and well-groomed. Look distinguished with your bald but well-trimmed hair. Get a wardrobe that's appropriate for a maturing man and get rid of anything that makes you look like you're trying to hold on to your high school or college years (even if you're this young).