Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bad game to straight up call a girl cute?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if I should do this. I wanna be like "Hey you're cute, we should hang out sometime." Or to girls that I don't know and I'm in a rush: "I don't know you, but I think you're cute and I just had to talk to you."

But is that bad game? Is that too direct?

curtsilv

Banned
Reaction score
It depends. For an average looking guy or below that she's not attracted to, it won't move the needle.

If it's from a good looking or very good looking guy, it will be great, since she feels the attraction is mutual.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generic compliments are boring, especially to attractive women who hear it all day. If you want to compliment, be specific and try to point out something she's put effort into. Hair looks good, dress shows off curves, pants make her ass pop. Can still be sexual but make it specific and to something you know she's spent time looking in the mirror over.

curtsilv

Banned
Reaction score
Generic compliments are boring, especially to attractive women who hear it all day. If you want to compliment, be specific and try to point out something she's put effort into. Hair looks good, dress shows off curves, pants make her ass pop. Can still be sexual but make it specific and to something you know she's spent time looking in the mirror over.
That'll just make you overthink it. Any reasonable compliment will do. It's more a matter of who's doing the complimenting rather than the compliment itself.

I get compliments from ugly girls and fat girls. Do you think it makes me attracted to them? Absolutely not. If anything it makes me cringe since I know they are pushing for sex.

When it's from a hottie, yeah, now she's got my attention, in a very positive way. Does it matter if it's about my shoes or necklace or my smile? Naw, I know where she's going with this.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
2nd this.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
The cute compliment. Might work if girl is displaying hight interest. Other than that, too many other variables for a definitive yes or no.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like others have said, the value of a compliment is relative to the gap between her perceived value of you & her perceived value of herself. So if a homeless guy on the subway calls her cute, she probably runs away. If some celebrity slides in her DMs and calls her cute, she probably writes some gushing reply.

But 'cute' is probably my go to--there's an implied subtext as to what's cute: Puppies are cute, Babies are cute, etc. Basically, things are only cute if you perceive yourself as more established, having more agency, etc. than they do. So it sets a specific frame. 'Beautiful,' 'gorgeous,' etc. set very different frames that establish her as the prize in the dynamic. 'Cute' also stirs up an element of self-doubt. Wait, cute? He thinks I'm cute. Why am I not [whatever other adjective]?

If I was in a hurry, I'd just go direct like the examples in the OP. If I was in a venue where I expected to be for a while & she would probably be for a while, it'd be more along the lines of: "You're cute. It's too bad you're crazy." & riff off that. Or, "You're cute. I just want to eat ice cream and play hopscotch together." Create some ambiguity. Make her invest. Etc.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
I do it and it works for me.

Say whatever you want to say.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it works if you're confident enough to try a direct approach and she's in your league enough to respond well. or if you're both drinking at a bar or something.

less good if you're daytime cold approaching a hottie or something

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if I should do this. I wanna be like "Hey you're cute, we should hang out sometime." Or to girls that I don't know and I'm in a rush: "I don't know you, but I think you're cute and I just had to talk to you."

But is that bad game? Is that too direct?
After a decade +/- of cold approach pickup, I have had more success with indirect> direct 99% of women. I will do whatever I feel in a given moment but, I for and more value in ambiguity. Communication indirectly. Body language and actions being direct (insta make out, esculation, sex, lead, in her space). Difference in top form game is in the subtleties and nuances. Direct indirect game. Indirect direct game.

My sub communication, body language, and communication doesn't ali nor coincide. For instance, "I only date blondes/black girls/desi/white girls." I approached her. I am in her space. "You're not my type." Make out. "I never do this." Run your funnel.

Communicate ambivalence. Never act ambigous as in half step, hesitate to kiss, escalate etc.

Instruct her what to do. No matter how compliant, correct her. As in, not doing it right. Don't overkill the mood. Be highly low in agreeableness.

Pickup is all about compliance. Seduction is game. The communication speel by women is the biggest **** test ever.

Too direct kills the fire that is seduction, mystery, attraction much of the time. If attracted, it won't matter either way. Again, asdune attraction as if gives yourself permission to approach, pursue, pull.

Never tell anybody what your truly thinking. Especially women.

She should wonder if you think she's cute after you've gone ass to mouth.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

I personally respond well to the direct approach. I think most women do. Many men are too chicken to use it.

If the guy is attractive, the "You're cute" line is good because it does draw on subcontext such that the man is stating his attraction without gushing. It is a self possessed thing to say.

In other words it reveals attraction but also leaves space for the man to require further impressing...because women want men who find them beautiful...but they want men of value who find them beautiful. So "You're cute" is a great jumping off point.

Direct approach is very efficient. It cuts through the BS and states intent. That is a masculine thing to do.

Almost all of the men I have dated/had relationships with used some variety of the direct approach. Some were more overtly bold & ballsy than others but they all made intent clear at the initial interaction. I screen for decisiveness and sexual intent/attraction even though I don't act on it right away... I think most women do too to some degree.

A woman wants to be desired by a man she finds sexy. The direct approach, (I think "You're cute" is a well calibrated easy to deploy version of direct approach) says the right things about a man to a woman.

The direct approach requires confidence and a IDGAF attitude to pull off consistently, but it cuts through the BS and wishy washiness most men exhibit. So it establishes you as having some masculinity, sexual intent, and intrigue. It boosts your attractiveness, all other things being equal.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That! Ohrein is spot on.

If you can't find something specific... Just do something like this: "i noticed you from across " x place" / from where i stood..found you had a good vibe/beautiful, that i had to come say hello/or tell you"

It's also about "HOW" you say it... If it sounds genuine and relax.. She'll take it better.

You dont want to sound like you "put effort and stress into it"

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually just told two girls i know in my chemistry class that they've got cake (modern rap slang for a nice ass), they both smiled and laughed