Baby face problem

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

There's this problem that has bugged me for some time which I just brushed off in the past: the baby face issue ( http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/problems-anyone-with-a-baby-face-will-relate-to#38fse8e )

I got told recently by some new people I met that I look 10+ years younger than my age. This struck me, and thinking back, I realized this was why people always treated me like a teen,
even though I'm a ****ing 30-year old dude. I remember going to an interview recently and the lady has difficulty believing I'm 30 and thought I was joking. Being slim in frame makes it worse (trying to bulk up though).

Some issues I've faced include:

-having to put in way way more effort to be taken seriously while guys that look their age just need to stand there and they're already taken seriously

-condescending attitude from people who assume you're just a kid (ie: I go to restaurants to order food and these guys talk to me like the way people talk to high school kids)

-the main issue: women my age look like my much-older sisters and I look like their kid brother when standing next to them. Because of this, before I even approach to talk to them, they're already like "have you been a good boy today?" :mad:
I need to stand next to girls 10+ years younger than me to "break even", and I've all these 15 - 19 yr old girls showing interest in me cos' they thought I'm 21+.
The only women around my age whom I had any luck with were those that looked equally baby-faced but it's hard to find such specific type of chicks.

-Most guys who look their age don't even need to have game : they just stand there and make the most boring conversation and they can be stiff and awkward and yet still be taken seriously

-because I tend to smile a lot as a person, I tried to look older and more "mature" by being serious and stern for a time, although it really backfired

-guys (strangers) my age usually ignore me in a social / business setting and talk to other guys who look their age because they think I'm just past 18

-older women (5 - 10 years older than me) treating me like their son (I find this insulting IMO)

Is there any solution to this? Or any way a hopeless baby-face guy can use this to his advantage?

The last resort is to just wait for time to make me look older, although at the rate things are, I'll probably look only 25 when I hit 40. :(

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I deal with the same issues. I've got a lean/slim physique and despite being 35, people still think I'm a college student.

It's also affected how I'm treated in our office. If I was fat and balding, and had wrinkles all over my face, I'd probably get promoted! Kidding.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nikar, I had to laugh while reading this, because I could have written this post when I was your age. Most of the men in my family are the same way.

I know this doesn't help right now, but in 10 years from now you'll be thankful. It's a big confidence booster to have the life experience of an older guy, but look young and fit still.

What you can do now however, is bulk up. Add 20 lbs of muscle to your frame and see how that changes things.

mbas44

Don Juan
Reaction score
same boat. lol I got asked if I was 19 by a nurse a few weeks ago and Im 35.

Sikanhe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, 25 hear. I still look 16 everywhere I go. I am bulky and have a square face. My sister 10 years younger becomes my older sister "in college".
I am trying to grow some facial hair and see if that helps. No idea no the no shaving will pan out.

Let me know if you got tips on how to grow facial hair from shaving everyday and still look clean.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I turn 32 in less than a month and I've gotten as low as 21 (a little more rare these days) or 29-30, mostly somewhere in between. Youth is fleeting. Embrace it. One day you will be an old man and what then? Can't wait until you hit the big 1-0-0 so people can take your wisdom and counsels on a Confucius-esque level?

Every time you interact with other people, throw all of your focus and energy on your personality - this you have much more control over. The more you do this, the more you drive home the belief that what you bring to the table through your personality (ie charm, wit, knowledge, humor, gravitas) far excels what you bring through your genetic makeup. Workout, definitely, hit the gym hard, but more importantly, strive toward creating an empowering identity.

hudpes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell them b!tches when you were 53 you fell into a fountain of youth and your d!ck never felt so alive. Also, some of the chicks your age, or older are turned on by babyfaced guys, there's a vagina for everyone. I know what you're going through is annoying as hell, but you'll just have to learn to cope with it, brush it off and get on. The smallest guy in a gang is the most dangerous one, so be that kid, you should accept how you look like and get the I-don't-give-a-fvck attitude, and the attitude is what radiates stronger than the visual image. It's the way you walk, move, talk, present yourself that either tells you have low self esteem, are self conscious, confident, arrogant, or self conscious while trying hard to project confidence. That's what happened when you wore the serious face, you were like a baby pouting, but even a baby can look serious and even menacing if they mean it. What I'm saying is, you have to find out how to change your core, not what mask to wear.

Sure, bulk up, it'll make you feel better about yourself, and you will look more mature, but know it is only one piece of the puzzle.

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tks guys! It's good to know there's others who've faced the same issue. Guess I just have to suck it up and be positive! ;) Tks!

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. I look 22. I guess the advantage is I can pull 21 year old HBs without them thinking I'm old. When ok 40 I plan to still be pulling 25 year olds.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have the same problem...I am 30, but look 19-20. No wrinkles at all, but I am balding....I just shave it down, but I still look young as hell. People always question why I am in a bar and if I have a fake ID.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 24 now with a baby face. When I was 18-20, I hated it. Now I love it. Nothing more attractive to a women then a man is expierienced enough to want to settle down, but looks young enough to still want to party and get messed up.

I got described by a female coworker as "you've got the frame of a monster, but the face of a baby." I'm 6'2, 230lbs, just a big frame with a bit of a gut. I just learnt to accept and make it a positive in your life not a negative.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the thing, when you are 45 and look 25, it will no longer be a problem.
Other then that work out hard and lose a lot of fat to help with the baby face problem. Should bring out your jawline more (masculine) and over all make you look more masculine. This is not a problem, it is a gift. Use it and enjoy it.