Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Avoiding the 'Ambiguous Zone' - our number one problem?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a problem that almost all guys face when they game a girl....

I call this the 'Ambiguous Zone' (originally coined by Alan Currie). This is when you have met a girl, but you don't know what exactly she wants from you...i.e. does she want to be 'just friends', **** buddies, or have a long term relationship, etc?

In short....you've gamed a girl....but you have no clue what she wants from you. She's left you in that 'ambiguous zone'.

I honestly believe this is one of the biggest problems we all face.

Say you meet a girl, have a really good interaction, then exchange numbers? Most guys would automatically assume that means she's interested in you in a sexual way. But that is not always the case. I've found that many girls will flirt with you and talk to you and exchange numbers, when they don't see you in a sexual way and they have no intention of meeting up with you again or have sex with you.

Or say a girl agrees to meet you for a day 2 - does that automatically mean she views you as more than a friend? Not necessarily.

Or say you get a girl's email address and you email back and forth for a while, flirting a bit and getting to know each other. Does that mean she wants to **** you or just be friends?

How many times have you met girls and ended up with nothing more than an 'orbitor'. An 'orbitor' is a girl who talks to you, texts you/emails you etc, but never actually agrees to meet up and never wants to do anything sexual with you. Meanwhile, she 'strings you along', so you talk to her with the (false) hope that one day things will escalate beyond the platonic realm.

I look back to the interactions I've had with girls where it didn't go anywhere and there was confusion about what the girls wanted from me, and it ALWAYS boils down to the same problem....the AMBIGUOUS ZONE!

Now I don't want to turn this discussion into an 'indirect vs Direct' discussion, however if you go indirect with a girl then you leave yourself susceptable to this ambiguous zone.

Whereas if you approach a girl Direct, you find out where you both stand, thus avoiding the ambiguous zone hell.

This is probably the number one reason why I gave up indirect and now approach girls Direct.

Anyway, back to the topic...just how do you avoid this ambiguous zone hell?

I don't know about you lot, but if I spend weeks 'courting' a woman, only to find out that all along she wanted to be 'just friends', I feel bitter and annoyed for wasting so much time and for her stringing me along. But whenever I push through fear and tell a woman upfront what I'm really looking for, I always feel fine, even if my interests are not reciprocated. I can just move onto another woman without wasting time, so I can eventually find someone who is genuinelly interested in me.

We need to discuss this and share all our ideas, as this is a MASSIVE PROBLEM for all.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many times have you met girls and ended up with nothing more than an 'orbitor'. An 'orbitor' is a girl who talks to you, texts you/emails you etc, but never actually agrees to meet up and never wants to do anything sexual with you. Meanwhile, she 'strings you along', so you talk to her with the (false) hope that one day things will escalate beyond the platonic realm.
Yes, this has happened to me several times. It is usually because:

-I am a 'back burner' option, she's got other guys she's seeing

-She doesn't like me enough to have sex with me, but wants to keep me around just in case she changes her mind and she likes my attention

Anyway, back to the topic...just how do you avoid this ambiguous zone hell?
There is no sure fire way to avoid it, I just follow the 3 date rule. If I'm not getting significant action by the 3rd date, I'm out. No more calling, no more txts, nada. NEXT her.

I don't know about you lot, but if I spend weeks 'courting' a woman, only to find out that all along she wanted to be 'just friends', I feel bitter and annoyed for wasting so much time and for her stringing me along. But whenever I push through fear and tell a woman upfront what I'm really looking for, I always feel fine, even if my interests are not reciprocated. I can just move onto another woman without wasting time, so I can eventually find someone who is genuinelly interested in me.
I repeat, 3 dates and no action (at least some good making out) then you bail.

How many dates till you get laid depends on how much you like the girl, if she's amazing I'd say wait up to a month. If she's just so-so, and kind of annoys you and you just want some ass, then maybe date 4 or 5.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I feel avoiding the 'ambiguous zone' comes down to 2 main things:-

1) Always be upfront with women about what it is you're looking for. See how she reacts and go from there.

2) Escalate physically with her...i.e. kino> kiss>f oreplay> sex....and simply see if she reciprocates.

You'll get your answer as to her intentions with a combination of the two.

I agree it would be great if more people would give their input on this as well....

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that the Plate Theory becomes very, very effective in avoiding the Ambiguous Zone. Think about it.

If you're spinning plates, you worry less and less about whether or not you're trapped in the Ambiguous Zone. You simply don't have time for the games and "being strung along" when you're spinning multiple plates. If you start wondering whether or not a certain plate is going anywhere (sexual, friend zone, orbitor, etc.) you just put it on the back burner so you can focus on other plates/your life.

I can say from experience that Ambiguous Zone is not really a problem for me. Reason being that I'm usually subtly direct about my intentions with my new plate. I let them know via kino, escalation, conversation that I'm here to rumble and if they aren't up for it, there is the door. With the ones that do drag me into the Ambiguous Zone, I put them on the back burner.

The response usually varies though when I put those plates on the back burner. Some will come and let me know that they're sexually interested. Others will indirectly, covertly let me know that they just want to be friends (because at this point, I'm far from being given that "let's just be friends" speech as I have NOT made any blatant attempts at getting sexual since I had put them on back burner). Some will remain orbitors but that's no big deal because I tend to not worry about them as much.

And you're right that you HAVE to make a move. You simply don't have time to *date* for 3-4 weeks, THEN have sex, then date more, and have more sex, etc...

That sexual chemistry HAS to be there. If it isn't, she will let you know or you yourself will figure it out. You got to strike while the iron is hot. Otherwise you will most definitely end up in the Ambiguous Zone.