Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Avoiding pimples.

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

I seem to have a problem with getting an occasional pimple on face in random spots. Recently I got one up on my forehead right between my brows. I'm not sure if it was your typical pimple, because it never seemed to have any puss or swelling or pain like normal pimples do. It was like a red bump. It's slowly fading away but it's been there for about two weeks.

Regardless, it's still annoying because it seems that as soon as one pimple goes away, another will pop in a random spot. I also kinda have a rough area where I shave that sometimes has small nicks or pimples. I'm not sure if I'm shaving correctly. I usually shave against the grain because it gets me a closer shave, and shaving with the grain seems to always leave some small stubble...perhaps it's just time to change my razor blades though. I typically get the Quattro blades (about 2 weeks) and try to use it for as long as possible since they seem pretty expensive. I also wonder if I should use Aftershave.

So in general, I'm looking for the causes of pimples and how to avoid them. I try to eat fairly healthy and wash my face a lot. Are there any good/bad soaps to wash with? What actually goes pimples aside from dirt getting in your pores.

P.s. I also occasionally get pimples on other parts of my body besides my face. Sometimes an odd one shows up on my chest or hips (Side of buttocks below the belt line--sorry if that sounded gross)

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
could be an infected pore...ive had them in the past, took ages to go away

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
onyx said:
could be an infected pore...ive had them in the past, took ages to go away

Could be. But I don't feel any pain when I pinch or put pressure on it. Usually the infected pimples and pores on my skin are slightly painful and inflamed or full of pus.

Regardless, it's slowly fading away..so I'm not so worried about that now as much as I am avoiding them in the first place. I'm also curious if shaving can have any affect on them, as stated above.

onthepath

Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe i've read on these boards that those who stopped dairy stopped pimples, and those who started taking fish oil noticed better skin condition

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
onthepath said:
i believe i've read on these boards that those who stopped dairy stopped pimples, and those who started taking fish oil noticed better skin condition

I'm a dairy fanatic though. I usually eat milk, eggs and buttered toast for breakfast. OR at least Milk in cereal or oatmeal.

I don't know if I could ever give up milk, lol.

I'm considering trying fish oil though. I heard Pomengranates are good too!

Oh and I also pick my pimples...I know it's bad, but sometimes I just can't help it, especially when they scab over OR have those golden solidified balls of wax or pus or whatever. I Guess I should stop...but something I kinda do subconsciensly when I'm bored...it also "Feels" like it helps cuz it temporarily reduces the size.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I'm up to 20 grams of fish oil per day and I can tell you that my skin is much better. More elasticity and I have far less irritation when I shave my head and face and sac.

Another tip is to drink an assload of water. I put a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice in mine (1 tbsp per Quart) and this will also help to flush impurities from your system.

Also, do not use sh!tty soap on your face. I use Nivea Energizing facial scrub 3 times a week and then the Nivea Extra gentle face wash daily followed by the Acting Firming lotion. Nivea makes the best mens products.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
are you serious about he 20 grams of fish oil?
Serious as a goddamned heart attack. I take 5 in the morning,5 at 1100, 5 at 1700, then 5 more just before bed.

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I'm up to 20 grams of fish oil per day and I can tell you that my skin is much better. More elasticity and I have far less irritation when I shave my head and face and sac.

Another tip is to drink an assload of water. I put a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice in mine (1 tbsp per Quart) and this will also help to flush impurities from your system.

Also, do not use sh!tty soap on your face. I use Nivea Energizing facial scrub 3 times a week and then the Nivea Extra gentle face wash daily followed by the Acting Firming lotion. Nivea makes the best mens products.
Okay, thanks Karma...A few questions though

1.I've never had Fishoil before...is it hard to swallow? I also get dry skin in the wintertime, so I'm assuming it would help me on that as well. How long before I would notice a difference?

2. What is considered bad soap and what makes it bad? How expensive is this Nivea stuff? Is there anything I can get at a regular store that's not expensive and will help my skin improve?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Jukeboxhero said:
Okay, thanks Karma...A few questions though

1.I've never had Fishoil before...is it hard to swallow? I also get dry skin in the wintertime, so I'm assuming it would help me on that as well. How long before I would notice a difference?

2. What is considered bad soap and what makes it bad? How expensive is this Nivea stuff? Is there anything I can get at a regular store that's not expensive and will help my skin improve?
I'm going to start a skincare thread. The info you seek will be there.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Jukeboxhero said:
Hey Everyone.

I seem to have a problem with getting an occasional pimple on face in random spots. Recently I got one up on my forehead right between my brows. I'm not sure if it was your typical pimple, because it never seemed to have any puss or swelling or pain like normal pimples do. It was like a red bump. It's slowly fading away but it's been there for about two weeks.

Regardless, it's still annoying because it seems that as soon as one pimple goes away, another will pop in a random spot. I also kinda have a rough area where I shave that sometimes has small nicks or pimples. I'm not sure if I'm shaving correctly. I usually shave against the grain because it gets me a closer shave, and shaving with the grain seems to always leave some small stubble...perhaps it's just time to change my razor blades though. I typically get the Quattro blades (about 2 weeks) and try to use it for as long as possible since they seem pretty expensive. I also wonder if I should use Aftershave.

So in general, I'm looking for the causes of pimples and how to avoid them. I try to eat fairly healthy and wash my face a lot. Are there any good/bad soaps to wash with? What actually goes pimples aside from dirt getting in your pores.

P.s. I also occasionally get pimples on other parts of my body besides my face. Sometimes an odd one shows up on my chest or hips (Side of buttocks below the belt line--sorry if that sounded gross)
I found a cool way to get rid of pimples.

1.Wash your whole face with luke warm water.
2. Apply any kind of toothpaste to the affected area and leave on for 10-15 minutes
3. Once the toothpaste has been on for 10-15 minutes, wash it off and pat your face dry.
4. Now you need the rubbing alcohol, this will dry out your pimples and zap them away, get a Q-Tip and dip it in the alcohol, rub it over the affected area and go to sleep, the pimples will be gone overnight.

Worked for me

A

alden

skin is the largest organ of the integumentary system made up of multiple layers of epithelial tissues that guard underlying muscles and organs. Skin pigmentation. varies among populations, and skin type can range from dry skin to oily skin.there are a number of disease on the skin like acne blackheads and more .