Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Avoiding eye contact means she doesn't want you talk to her?

Reaction score
Saw a cute girl at a conference today that I met maybe 8 years ago. She was married at the time when I met her, but she was still flirty.

I saw her today (at same type conference only 8-9 years later) and saw her sitting down for the next presentation. I said hello to her (I initiated) and talked to her for maybe 30 seconds. She was sitting down and I talked to her briefly (standing up).

Later in the day, I saw her online in the exhibit room, I know she saw me but she didn't look in my direction.

Also later in the day, I was two rows behind her in another class. When she got up at the end, she walked right by me (I was still sitting down) and did not look at me.

She was then behind me with a colleague when we were trying to do our payments for the parking garage. I turned around to say hi again and was friendly again and we made some small talk. Once again she was friendly with a big smile on her face. However, when she left with her colleague she did not say good-bye and just went off.

I am NOT upset or hurt over this (since I think she is married still) just wanted to see what I believe is usually true. Women who want to talk to you or want you to talk to them will try and establish eye contact or look at you when they can sense you are looking at them.

Women who don't want to talk to you or don't want you talking to them will avoid initiating eye contact and also avoid eye contact when they can sense you are even looking at them?

Am I right or is it NOT so black and white?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Often I’m not in a mood to talk - even to a hot chick. I guess it depends on one’s personality. We never know what’s going on in someone’s life, she maybe be otherwise occupied in thought - kid might be sick, dog might’ve died, Mom may be giving her ****.

It’s situational.

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to explain but the way the girl look away is a good indication of interest. Something in the lines of "if she looks down, it's good, if she looks to the side, it's not". It's very subtle and with experience you'll know if there is an opening. The opening is approaching with small talk (don't wait to long) and depending on her reaction, you'll see if you can advance from there (get a number).

You're asking about the FIRST step.
Eye Contact > approach > talk the right way > get number and leave > schedule date > be charismatic > kino > kiss > take it to your place > make her comfortable and turn her on > sex.

Having a good social circle were you can meet friends of friends can make you "jump" some steps.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing about women that is black and white, or one size fits all, 100% of the time.

I have used the eye contact thing many times before. If she locks eyes with you and you get a smile she will talk to you for sure. Go approach her right away. But if she doesnt, that doesn't mean she isn't interested.

The right way to handle this situation is to get her isolated, a little small talk, a little tease, get a smile out of her and then ask her out for a drink and or her number whatever is appropriate. If her interest is high she won't say no.

Last edited:

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is truth to this, but it is not always the case. A woman can find you attractive but avoid eye contact out of shyness or whatever. It all comes down to what she does when your eyes both meet - you can tell a lot from her reaction when this happens, specifically how far she is prepared to let you take it , even if she tries to "avoid you". To increase your chances esp with "shy women" you want to look pleasant/approachable - you can appear attractive but if you have a stern look on your face/closed off body language women will be more reticent about signaling their interest, at least overtly. If you get smiles or whatever that is pretty much the biggest green light you can get and how I have picked up many women.

I came across an interested woman on my after dinner walk yesterday. She was talking to some other guy but as I approached I saw her kept going from him to me repeatedly and as I got closer she became more upright. Just as I was about to pass she told me she liked my tshirt, it was some plain red one that said Coca Cola on it. She wasn't all that amazing and I didn't want to do that to the guy, so I just said thank you and continued stepping. I could tell she was expecting/hoping for a more drawn out convo tho.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eye contact is a very telling form of body language. What happens after eyes meet tells you if interaction is welcome. If a women glances back and smirks or smiles, then surely strike up a conversation. If she looks away or has an RBF, then move along. Had two situations at a restaurant on Mother’s Day. Made eye contract with this smoke show tending bar and cleaning tables. Smiled and she smiled back and she made some polite comment. I responded in kind. While waiting in line, she would pass by back and forth, smiling each time she passed and would stop to make some small talk with me. While in this line, a milf walks up holding a baby and we have a similar interaction. I told her Happy Mother’s Day and she lit up. Stood there and talked to me without any hesitation. Had a friendly conversation for a few minutes. Both interactions were relaxed and smooth. Or maybe they were just being polite to an old man and I’m delusional, hahahahaha.

Talking to someone wearing sunglasses is one of my pet peeves. Fine if both of you are wearing them. But I like to see the eyes of the person I’m talking to. The subtle differences in eye movement and facial expressions speak when words are not spoken. A woman told me that she wears sunglasses “to hide.” The sunglasses mask this form of communication and I find it off putting.

Sigmapocalypse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Often times the rbf cold faced girls will warm up in an instant with a friendly word and a smile.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo a woman that locks eyes too much and too long is already in the 304 range. She does this too often and is a professional flirt / dyck tease.

A (pretty) woman will learn tonbe reserved with eye contact. In the worst case she atracts a nutcase who'll follow/chase/ stalk her .

Then there's the accidental/ primitive look. By being as handsome as possible you'll get these every where. They look at you bevaise they like what they suddenly like what they see. Especially when its a safe situation, such as passing you by in a car/ bike ect.

Ironically, if a woman really likes you she might even ignore you. She saw you from a mile away and by the time you are near her already framed herself properly. My unfortunate personal experience is that younger (underaged) and older (40/45 +) women will throw glances more obviously than the women within the 20-40 range . Part of this is because I am a predator. I've trained myself to look for opportunities with women, amd most will recognize there's a player vibe surrounding me.

That's why being able to read bodylangue is a great skill.
Often I’m not in a mood to talk - even to a hot chick. I guess it depends on one’s personality. We never know what’s going on in someone’s life, she maybe be otherwise occupied in thought - kid might be sick, dog might’ve died, Mom may be giving her ****.

It’s situational.
This. Meet this same woman the next day and she is open and receptive.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women won't make eye contact with a guy she isn't at least vaguely interested in (unless on accident).

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who don't want to talk to you or don't want you talking to them will avoid initiating eye contact and also avoid eye contact when they can sense you are even looking at them?

Am I right or is it NOT so black and white?
If only life was that simple.

Well actually, it can be.

The simple thing to do is approach her REGARDLESS of whether she is giving you eye contact or avoiding eye contact.

Instead of playing guessing games and trying to pick up on signals, approach her and remove all doubt.

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women won't make eye contact with a guy she isn't at least vaguely interested in (unless on accident).
This has been my experience. When I was chubby and basically invisible to women, I would be doing my own thing and look around, and never saw a woman looking at me.

When I got shredded - night and day difference. It was so obvious that I was thinking in my head "wtf, do I have something on my face?". Women stared, hard, and they allowed themselves to get caught.

Women are extremely selective about their eye contact because they don't want to attract guys they're not interested in.

Last edited:

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eye contact is a very telling form of body language. What happens after eyes meet tells you if interaction is welcome. If a women glances back and smirks or smiles, then surely strike up a conversation. If she looks away or has an RBF, then move along.
I don't know about this one. I always got the thousand **** stare from women, which is probably the same as the deer in headlights look. It's just this sheepish gaze with no facial expression. Doesn't happen to ugly men.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can only find out if you talk to her. Some women are shy or have anxiety. IOIs don't tell the whole story.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been my experience. When I was chubby and basically invisible to women, I would be doing my own thing and look around, and never saw a woman looking at me.

When I got shredded - night and day difference. It was so obvious that I was thinking in my head "wtf, do I have something on my face?". Women stared, hard, and they allowed themselves to get caught.

Women are extremely selective about their eye contact because they don't want to attract guys they're not interested in.
Makes a big difference. When I got into shape it was like shooting fish in a barrel. No longer had to try very hard and the quality of the woman went up dramatically. Women go crazy for the body as much as men do. When you wear nice fitted clothes they swoon. Going to hit the home gym right now getting it in early.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about this one. I always got the thousand **** stare from women, which is probably the same as the deer in headlights look. It's just this sheepish gaze with no facial expression. Doesn't happen to ugly men.
I think some women use the RBF as a strategy to deflect approaches. Image now that you are shredded, hoards of fat and ugly chics are approaching you everywhere you go. It would get exhausting with a constant stream of undesirable women.

Now flip it. A women who is a hb6-9 has guys of all types hitting on her everyday. She wouldn’t want to have to engage with every guy to have to tell him, “no thanks.” Instead she presents herself as unapproachable and guys stay away from her. But the moment this same women sees a guy that is attractive and her type, the RBF turns into a smile.

Then there is the other scenario, where the RBF is an exact representation. She’s a miserable feminist b!tch that hates the idea of men having the audacity to look at her. The RFB becomes a social signal to not approach her.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there no women that contribute in these forums?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yup. Last summer I was shredded too and would go for jogs in a tanktop around downtown and women were always looking at me. But if was wearing ****ty baggy clothes or had a bad haircut they wouldn't even look in my direction. Haircuts alone make a staggering difference. But we're getting off topic...

If YOU are checking a girl out and she looks at you then DOESN'T look away if you continue to hold eye contact (assuming its not prolonged or in a creepy way) that's a good sign. It goes both ways. Eye contact means a lot. The eyes convey more than any other form of nonverbal communication by far and 100% of it it unconscious.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Are there no women that contribute in these forums?
Two active posters are female. For the most part we do not care for female perspectives - our resident female posters are highly curated, and redpill adherents.

SS is a safe space for men to talk to men. If you want female perspectives go to Reddit.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two active posters are female. For the most part we do not care for female perspectives - our resident female posters are highly curated, and redpill adherents.

SS is a safe space for men to talk to men. If you want female perspectives go to Reddit.
Most Reddit forums have a ban on incel-questions.