Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Australian Cafe posts man tax

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't click the link, but the sounds like the owner is using their store to make a political point. That CAN'T be a business decision, it's just too stupid. (unless the owner is a woman...)

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this one is easy. Just stay out, the natural order of things will take care of that idiot. Or, if you have time on your hands, just sue the sh*t out of them for discrimination.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw this on Fox News this morning. An Australian cafe charges men an extra 18% to compensate for the so called gender wage gap. The announcer asked "Why don't they just pay the employees 18% more"?

https://www.indy100.com/article/vegan-cafe-man-tax-melbourne-australia-gender-pay-gap-debate-7879161
I personally find this sort of thing as being immorally discriminatory and also economically ignorant on many levels. (I'm pretty sure most of us already know the concepts they're failing to comprehend.) However, a devil's advocate might ask: Do you view this as similar or different in its justifiability or lack thereof to a "Ladies' Night" in a bar? Both are the very same act of sex-discriminatory pricing.

More generally, it's yet another reason for me to not bother dealing with Australia if any future dealings might take me to those parts.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, a devil's advocate might ask: Do you view this as similar or different in its justifiability or lack thereof to a "Ladies' Night" in a bar? Both are the very same act of sex-discriminatory pricing.
The motivations are very different, obviously. This is a place called Handsome Her, and according to the article is a place "for women, by women". Their sign makes the point that women have priority seating. They're obviously not courting male customers, although I'm sure they get a certain New Age sensitive type of "man" in there.

With Ladies Night, obviously the idea is that if you can draw in more women, you'll draw in more men, and you have more profit.