Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aussie girls

jungleman pete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Is dating culture differant between American girls and Aussie girls?

A lot of this site is obviously aimed towards American dating standards. Anyone know if there is a differance?

Over here alot of things have been Americanised but is dating protical the same?

The attraction part is the same i know that, but from there??

Can any Aussie DJs shed some light on if things dating wise are differant over here?

Thanks!

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A bit hard to say. I've found about 20% of what I read on this site is spot on and works... The other 80% is bulls h i t!!!

In a nutshell, I can tell you that the Aussie girls absolutely love confidence and a guy who is happy to just say g'day and shoot the breeze. Don't take it too far (be really arrogant) though, because they will just think you are a tosser.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful with C+F, but I think it really depends on the girl on how much you can get away with.
Still, i don't think you'll get many girls hovering around and following you after repeatedly being a prick to them.

Also, just my opinion, but there seems to be more of a LTR mentality rather than dating.

So many people just seem to happily settle down with one person for long periods. There also seems to be very little game-playing and testing in relationships, from what I've seen.

I don't know any girls who are 'professional' daters, the ones that go from guy to guy after a couple of months. (i'm not talking ONS, they happen)

I'm sure they exist, but it sucks that all the girls I ever meet are in solid LTRs with AFCs, or are single for a reason. The few male 'naturals' I've known are single.

Australia IS becoming more Americanised, but I think we still have a way to go.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by duke007

Australia IS becoming more Americanised, but I think we still have a way to go.

You guys should thank your lucky stars for that (that you have a long way to go.... and KEEP IT THAT WAY). :rolleyes: :p

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stuff here works fine, just as it does anywhere else. it's the attitude and manner that you do it with, not just the lines. c+f has always worked for me, cold approaching with canned openers has always worked, negs have always worked. tylerdurden, papa and playboy recently came down to sydney from LA and their stuff worked fine on Sydney girls.

thedude7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Sydney and I never see girls get approached except for when I am at the gym. In Australia I think the majority of people meet up through friends.

chimps_rule

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya, its true, in australia dating isnt as systematic as it appears to be in the US. its not an 'industry' yet, but when it does its gonna take the soul from it!

the word 'date' isnt even used to describe going out with a girl in oz. ur not dating a girl, ur going out with a girl.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the word 'date' isnt even used to describe going out with a girl in oz. ur not dating a girl, ur going out with a girl.
True. And that tends to imply that your in a relationship. People almost seem to automatically become bf and gf after the first date.

So in my opinion, asking a girl out in Australia is a bit more forward than in the States. Approaches aren't much different though.

edit: thedude7, I'm a bit of a people watcher and I've NEVER seen any type of approach, even when the guy looks to be in prime position. I don't even see approaches at my gym.

jungleman pete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I have been following what this forum says, never actually thinking that there may be a differance.

Do you think that over here things lean more towards, and i hate saying it, becoming friends first then dating, especially if your looking for a LTR.

I have this girl who is more than happy to hang out day to day but is hard to actually pin down for a date. I got her number a few weeks ago and we SMS all the time etc. Its taken a while but I'll be going out with her next week with any luck.

SMS is another thing. Do you guys use it? Every chick I see over here is busy messaging when walking around, waiting at bus stops etc.

This board says its AFC, but here its totally normal. If you dont your weird!

j_kat_251

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't want to be friends first. What works for this Australian is to act like she's your best pal, just give her sh*t in the proud Aussie tradition... call her mate and b*stard and everything - not being serious, but like you would your actual best pal. Generally they will cry themselves to sleep because you have shown no sexual interest in them at all, and will want your bones. When these buying signals show, you're in the money. So go for the money shot later that night.

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true that there is a "dating" culture in the US which is not followed here in Australia.

But having said that, don't forget you are doing cold approaches here. These girls have never met you before in their lives. Just because she gave you her number doesn't mean crap all.

You will have to pretty much copy the social sequence in getting to lay that girl.

What has been working alot better for me is:

1. send SMSes to girls the day after I met them;

2. continue the SMS banter for a day or two;

3. call them up and meet them casually at bars. I tell them that I am meeting up with some friends of mine, and that her AND her friends should come.

4. get them on a traditional one-on-one day "2" after that.

I find that works so much better. The rationale behind that is you get to work their friends a bit, so that when you hang out with her in step 3, she can legitimately say to her friends that she is hanging with uniassign, rather than "some guy from the bar".

This will reduce the ASD a hell of a lot more and results in more day "2"s which leads to more lays.

jungleman pete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

What i've been doing is getting the number, making the call 2-3 days later and asking if they want to go out, then its usually next cos they cant make it.

So this is not how things work over here? Are things much less formal?

Are there any other things you can think of that this website teaches (about the dating process) that is different for us Aussies?

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that I have any valuable info, just wanted to say I love girls with an Australian accent lol! Unfortunatly where I am in the North East I rarely come in contact with any Aussies :( Most I ever met was on my trip to London strangely, a really cool Aussie girl was a hostess as the hotel restaurant and I got to talking with her a little, to bad I only stayed there 2 days. Think I need to do a semester abroad in Australia :cool:

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uniassign:
**** man, are you serious about the post-number close period being that different?

I've been doing it completely wrong all this time! No wonder such a large percentage of my number closes end in flakes!

Are you drawing this conclusion after field testing both methods though?

And what would be a typical first SMS to suck them in?

The Dominated1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the stuff on this site is just too forward for Australian girls.

I think unassign is spot on. His method is more subtle than the phone number/date thing.

Does'nt show too much interest right away and it sends the message that he is getting to know her before "he" decides if he wants to persue her.

And lastly "never ask a woman in Australia out for a date"

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"slowly" create trust / rapport and ultimately intimacy.
that sucks. Aussie RAFCs have it way harder than you Americans.

Being the 'life of the group' is a more advanced skill than performing on one-on-one dates.